The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Here it is in a nutshell.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 13th 2013, 11:16 pm

Sometimes, the only people complaining are the only ones with a problem. If that is the case here (which I am pretty sure it is), I think the people with the issues are massively outnumbered.

In this event, I am living vicariously through you. I will never have the res or the time to do well on tower.

Don't tone it down. I want you to do well this event and have fun playing. I like to read your updates on how you are doing in the events and your life as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 14th 2013, 8:38 am

If we always listened to the doubters and haters in life, we'd never accomplish anything. I think you need to continue being your awesome self and posting whenever and whatever you like...it's a forum...THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see you take an event off after this tower run, but don't stop playing because of one or two "bad apples" are trying to spoil your fun. Plus, people just don't give their hard earned mercs and res to anyone because they're "sick", they give them up because they want to; no one made them do it! Remember that. Frank, you rock and keep up the fight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendohs
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 14th 2013, 9:58 am

There is a trust that has built up here that crosses forum and game that takes a good while to achieve. I have a select few allies that I know I can rely on and I hope they feel the same about me.
Many of us consider u as a friend frank so dont give it up coz of any negs, we all get them at some point.

Btw : I expect u mofo's to help me out when I need it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 14th 2013, 10:20 pm

Ace, I'm totally cool with all the posts.  I don't think you have used anything to your advantage.  No one forced me to donate to your account.  We've helped each other out over the last few weeks/months.  That is what this forum is for-to have positive interactions outside of the FF mobile game.  So keep fighting on and we will just let everyone have their own opinion.  No need to worry about upsetting the apple cart here.  I'm just glad that this forum/game is still a positive distraction for you as you face your many health battles.  Keep on posting and I promise all the jokers around here will do their best to keep your mind in a better state Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 15th 2013, 4:19 am

Aces, remember my response the other day, "if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck ...".

There are always going to be trolls and snipers, angels and demons, remember who you are. And if you feel you are getting beaten down (from chemo & meds, from people or situations), give a whistle.

The camaraderie that has blossomed within the forum over the last month or two is an amazing miracle as most forums are geared toward complaints rather than compliments.

Keep up the good work Aces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darr
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 15th 2013, 6:14 am

Frank - I haven't posted often but enjoy going through the forums and reading the banter between you and the rest of the crew here. Put's a smile on my face while sitting in work and is part of the reason I'm continuously drifting further & further from BB towards FF.

Keep up the good fight both inside & outside the game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 15th 2013, 7:42 am

I could maybe see their point if you came in here and were like, "I'm sick, give me free stuff!" But that isn't how it went down. You came here, shared your story with us, made this board ten times more active and then RYBACK approached people with his idea of donating an account to you. You were never a beggar so the haters can stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 15th 2013, 1:15 pm

I was given things before i even explained my story and the only reason i did was to explain my sense of humor and odd joke references. But yeah it bothered me like hell but i can't let it continue to because it wasn't my intention at all which is why i have made it blatant to people my appreciation and my happiness ro now return mercs and head back down where i belong...the 100-200 rank player with a here and there top 50. Thats me and i'm happy for it. I don't need or want the top it takes dedication i can't give. Those are bad mofos up there lol

I will stay me, give who i want what i want and have fun with some really cool ass people. Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 15th 2013, 1:55 pm

in that case, Frank, welcome to TFB pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 15th 2013, 2:02 pm

I only took a leave from TFB for tower. I am back now and gonna do some farming the next couple of events. Will play raid but play/farm
Back to top Go down
Nimey
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 15th 2013, 3:36 pm

Well, I for one don't give stuff to people who come to the forum "I can't do shit in this game, my mercs suck!" When people have a positive attitude and interact with the forum I will gladly give them (parts of the little I have) if they ask and without asking. That was especially the case with you. The forum became much more lively with you. The second reason surely was your tough battle you are currently fighting. The res account wasn't pity but sharing some light in your tough days, seeing how much fun you have playing this game. I also wanted to contribute to the tower thread, since that sociopath also mentioned part of me and I wanted to cintra his sad accusations but then bit my tongue and thought "don't feed the troll". Keep up the good work and poitive attitude Frank!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 15th 2013, 3:56 pm

Aces, you never left TFB. We've all been living vicariously through you and your adventures in the rarified air of the event Top 10 - 25. Your seat at the TFB table was always waiting for your return, if you chose to step away from the bright lights that Dakota keep shining in our faces.

Kudos to you for keeping your perspective and staying true to your self and those crossing your path.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 15th 2013, 8:32 pm

So that makes two Ls on Team Fug Bug. Franks Shiny New Serpent Lady and Raven's Portal Turret Spider Guy. Am I forgetting any?
Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 15th 2013, 8:37 pm

no, no...I traded for my General Grevious / Matrix Revolution Mech spider Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 27th 2013, 8:53 am

This guy is gonna have his own ufc sportscard wooohooooooooooo blown away. One sec and i will post.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 27th 2013, 8:59 am

Just a lottle backstory a friend of mine was contacted by the spprts card company topps and was asked if he wanted to be the artist that drew next years ufc bloodlines cards. He said yes obviously and when he sent a couple in for them to be approved ropps asked who i was and what my story was. Long story short my card will be an insert in the set at just 100 total of mine! I offered to sign a few and i'm waiting to hear back.......

Back to top Go down
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 27th 2013, 9:03 am

pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 27th 2013, 12:41 pm

That's awesome Frank! I never realized it until now but it has been my lifelong goal to be on a ultra-rare collectible trading card.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 27th 2013, 12:44 pm

Ive been collecring since i was a kid. I'm hoping they have me auto a few
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 27th 2013, 1:02 pm

That incredibly sick haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 27th 2013, 1:10 pm

I used to collect Hockey and Baseball cards, then Marvel Comics cards, then Magic the Gathering cards, then I kinda stopped. Probably why I'm so damn addicted to these games, they scratch the same itch.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 27th 2013, 2:01 pm

loli still collect football from time to time.

I have a gayle sayers rookie card that sits in my wallet. Been in there almost 30 years lol
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 27th 2013, 8:06 pm

Just a little update thank god no surgery but i do have a new toy lol a around the clock morphine pump
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 28th 2013, 1:06 am

Glad the surgery is a no-go; you sounded like you weren't up for that. And congrats on the card, man; that's pretty awesome.

I'll have to dig out my old hockey cards that were meticulously kept in 3-ring binders. As a kid, valuable sports cards were the closest you could feel to being a stock broker. I remember nights spent lying on my bed and thumbing through the latest catalog to check the value of my cards and thinking the value of them would only continue to go up and they would be passed down from generation to generation like some sacred family heirloom.

Then the market got over-saturated and the value of the cards tanked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 28th 2013, 4:22 am

I have been involved in some of the biggest card shows and been part of some of the biggest draft day trade happenings in the past I have had the privilege of holding a couple of the most expensive cards of all time.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 29th 2013, 8:37 pm

And now i will have a card of my own.

Blown the f*** away right now
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 29th 2013, 10:06 pm

Your a collectable Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 29th 2013, 10:28 pm

Ahaha thats great
Back to top Go down
lginn2003
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 31st 2013, 12:54 am

Ace, I am sorry to hear you condition, while my condition is not bad as yours, I do know how you feel about not being able to move, I have 3 herniated discs, Large bulging disc that pushes on a nerve and my vertabrae pinches it, my leg going out and I almost fall down the stairs, thank god my fiance granddaughter caught me. I will pray for you, and hope things go well. I enjoy our PM's and our chat in forums as well you keep me laughing lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   August 31st 2013, 1:04 am

Why thank you ::::takes a bow::: lmao

And i have had back surgery from discs breaking i KNOW how bad that sucks. I won't say "hope you feel better" cause i have always hated that statement so i will wish for you to have less pain than normal. And thanks for the kind words i enjoy this place thoroughly and without those laughs i'd have to find other people to laugh at and that can be hard hahahaha
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 1:05 am

Received the card in the mail today Smile
And i'm beyond words...

Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 5:17 am

That's epic man !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 5:34 am

Yeah man it really is and thanks. The guy that drew the portrait is a really close friend and has really helped us.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 5:37 am

Don't get me wrong, ( and don't hate me for it if I am ) but the way I'm seeing it is that because of your illness also great things have happened. You've probably made a bunch of new friends, ( met us ^^ ), getting rare cards etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 5:40 am

You are so absolutely right and i know exactly what you mean when you say it and yes people have really stepped up and jumped to help me and my wife out or gave done things to give us some happy or better days
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 5:41 am

Gave = have

And i've been involved in some part of MMA since 1994
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 5:53 am

So that really doesn't hurt the matter plus they are the most giving and helpful community on the planet as far as i'm concerned.

Brought me and my wife to vegas and new jersey and have done many fundraisers or things to sponsor #franksfight like fighters who put it on they're banner or on they're walkout shirts and shorts next to all they're other sponsors. Have shouted us out at live events and i have been all over the radio, internet and newspapers because of my story. It sucks that all this good comes from something so bad but its okay.

Just to put it into perspective, the first time i was diagnosed with cancer we depleted the $24,000 we had in savings just getting through that 8 month ordeal of not being able to work but still having to pay bills. It was a hit like i had never seen so you can imagine just getting back to our feet we find out 4 months later the cancer is back and after another long fight and the little money we did have left now gone we find out i'm going to die anyway.

My wife is 38 years old and will be a widow and almost broke except for some old savings and money we could put aside after fundraisers so she would have something to help her along after i passed away because survivors benefits are not really good although i have worked for a long time being lucky enough to make decent money in everything i did. But is still no consolation prize
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 6:06 am

My English isn't perfect, but I understood most of it. It's so hard to explain my feelings about this; it must have been devestating at first while nobody could really help you. In my eyes, it must be the hardest for your wife, ( sorry to say this ) but knowing you're going to die, just not knowing when you're going to die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 6:18 am

Yup that is very hard as i have been told 9 months to a year and another doc has said 7-10 months while another things i will live for a few more years at least so yes not knowing sucks BUT not knowing is good because then we can live every day the best we can together.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 7:53 am

That's another way to look at it ! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 7:59 am

Damn straight man i start my day with a smile and end my day with a smile why not? I'm still alive
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 8:09 am

No one has to worry about all my mercs going "down with the ship" either lol my wife has all my login information for everything I use and i made a list already for FF with who i want to have certain mercs of mine, as she doesn't want to keep any so this way the mercs don't retire on a no longer active account..

I also told her if she didn't want to deal with all that too just get the list to rynack and the account login info and he can take care of it, even though now that I think about it he already has the account info lol
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 1st 2013, 8:12 am

Ryback*
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 2nd 2013, 10:22 am

When you think about it, none of us know how long we will live. I could trip down some stairs tomorrow and be dead in an instant. Sure being diagnosed with cancer brings that fact out into the open, but it doesn't make it any less true for the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   September 2nd 2013, 2:08 pm

^^^
Back to top Go down
trob1831
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   October 7th 2013, 1:29 am

bump for ace and awareness for the noobs that don't know. and dont tl;dr because its definitely worth a read for the noobs (can i say that now? Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duavae
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   October 7th 2013, 1:58 am

the three Chevs says you can lol
Frank's the Man and don't anyone forget that!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orzhov
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   October 7th 2013, 4:02 pm

I just read this post and I had no idea what ace was going through. Ace, you are an awesome addition to this game and this forum and I hope to see you around for years to come!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trob1831
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   October 7th 2013, 6:07 pm

^^^ what he said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   October 7th 2013, 8:44 pm

Orzhov wrote:
I just read this post and I had no idea what ace was going through. Ace, you are an awesome addition to this game and this forum and I hope to see you around for years to come!
I thank you in Franks name, for the post and the backup. I'm sure Frank appreciates everything we're saying, giving him a fine place to think about when it's not going well. ( Not sure if this made any sense at all, but I'm sure you get the point. ) ^^ ^^ ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here it is in a nutshell.   

Back to top Go down

Here it is in a nutshell.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next