The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Choose Leader skill and level increase

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 10:11 am

It's time for both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laks0n
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 10:12 am

It's been time for some time now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 10:52 am

Its been a long time..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 12:03 pm

Adding Leader skill will kill the game. Probably only the level increase. And also a new event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimey
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 12:05 pm

Very long time... AND give us all rear formation! Don't want that BB leader skills though. How much will be a Siren, Incinerate or Bloue Bot then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 12:10 pm

Add skill will make Tier 1 mercs go for more. I would like a all mid section. Or for raid to change both lines to be different formations.Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 12:12 pm

What about a change leader skill for Raid event only? I'm just tired of having one slot go to waste for your leader because they never have the skill you want to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 12:16 pm

I would rather just have the level increase. The add skill to leader i couldn't be bothered as it seems it sways more towards changed in pvp, which I'm not really into anyway. Wouldn't mind for raid and tower as it adds beef BUT it would be hard for me to remove a merc totally just for the skill. One's with a skill that's worth it? Not too many come to mind fast. Maybe Uber or blue wasp?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 12:17 pm

Yeah see the more I think about it yeah there are many that could come in handy lol
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 12:18 pm

Valkyrie really can't replace a top merc but her skill would be real nice added to the leader.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 2:17 pm

aceslifebegins wrote:
I would rather just have the level increase. The add skill to leader i couldn't be bothered as it seems it sways more towards changed in pvp, which I'm not really into anyway. Wouldn't mind for raid and tower as it adds beef BUT it would be hard for me to remove a merc totally just for the skill. One's with a skill that's worth it? Not too many come to mind fast. Maybe Uber or blue wasp?

Just a thought but let's say you have that Alvin leader with remove buffs of all enemies and some other random AGI add skill, Underseer v2 is cheap and you would have a small Lethal. ( Such as Nox )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 2:18 pm

^^ extremely good point
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 2:39 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of substituting one skill out for another rather than the leaders having 2 skills. I think they'd be too overpowered then.

I just want to have the ability to change their skill once every raid event.

Last edited by iirybackii on July 30th 2013, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 2:40 pm

@Fresh Thats why it ain't good. Plus adding skills is a DENA thing. DAKOTA is different. It will make it harder for mid-players that rank in top 500. Because no one will know the leaders new skills. Also, it would make L teams stronger .

@Ryback thats a good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lastpilgrim
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 3:55 pm

Level increase definitely!

Add skills great idea I'd like to set it so it ends with one buff, one attack and one defense.
and or add the same skill twice more to get a 100% skill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 4:02 pm

100%? Please no lol
Back to top Go down
Laks0n
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 5:31 pm

last it will never be something like "add same skill to increase proc" then everyone would just go with a jade with 3 ulfrs or sirens and it's just a wait for it to proc.

I get the hate on leaders skills, but it would not make L teams much stronger, but it would give mid players a big, biiiig boost. In raid, endgame teams already can one shot endgame bosses (not srbs). Is same for tower, it's a big advantage to us all. And so we come to PvP, where this is going to be the biggest impact. A standard L already has 2 skills, mad stats, and a double action. Endgame teams already roll 5 Ls, or Ls and golems/bot. A leader doesn't have stats as big as tier 1 Ls (they might have a single stat, but taking all stats in consideration they cannot stand on par) and they dont have double action, which is more important then most people think. We are also limited on what skills we can add (we cannot have 2 buff skills, or 2 damage skills like hanzo) this is if we are going by DeNA model, which is pretty solid, if not a bit OP, but not OP enough to make leaders have 2 skills. Back to L teams. A leader could only replace a bot buffer, and it would not be that much of a presence (more like a skinny wimp in prison showers surrounded by mr.bigs)

As for the mid teams, it would offer us a lot of counter-play, and bring an extra flavor to the game. Are you guys realy that desperate to just grind points? You obviously dont know the thrill of the hunt when you are tied for the double promo, or when you are praying to all gods you know that your merc procs when he is left 5v1 and he has a full team KO skill. If this game is going to be an insane grind for rares, count me out. I like the unpredictable.

A lot of you are worried about market collapse if this happens. It's not going to be felt that hard. Some mercs will be eaten, that crappy ^^^ pack pull now has a purpose, some mercs will go down in price, and some will up. Ress purchase will go up, especially during PvP, so dakota is happy too. I really dont see why this much hate for leader skill, just because it is something your daily grind isn't used to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duavae
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 6:13 pm

aceslifebegins wrote:
Valkyrie really can't replace a top merc but her skill would be real nice added to the leader.
doesn't one of the leaders have this skill already?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 7:24 pm

@duavae hmm thought it was atk with adjacent squadmares?

@Lak whoaa man i wouldn't call it hate and im sure someone might be against it for reasons other than "its not the daily norm"
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 30th 2013, 7:24 pm

Oops sorry duavae i meant oath not valk
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 31st 2013, 8:02 pm

I support the add-skill feature. It's a lot of fun to play with in BB and it'd be just as much fun in FF. It adds a whole new layer of strategy to the game plus it increases the variety ten fold. Plus, like Lakson said, it gives mid-tier players a great boost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 31st 2013, 8:19 pm

Its still not a good idea!!! But i agree with Ryback to change only during raid.Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duavae
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 31st 2013, 9:38 pm

Skill modifier is a lot higher in FF then BB so by enabling add skill may overpower the leader and instantly make many L's worthless
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blandquick
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 31st 2013, 10:55 pm

I agree that the BB model of add skill adds more strategy and complexity, I love it in BB.

In FF however, it would not work. Too much is unbalanced and it would completely throw off the fragile ecosystem. Examples of key differences from BB: blackbot shouldn't exist, bluebot buff is too crazy, 100% modifiers don't exist in BB, rush vs mechanical mayhem doesn't even compare, BB has many more fams and combinations of wis, atk, agi, AND turtle teams (they exist!!! Def+shield+heal+resurrect!), FF has too many non buffed OHKO fams, etc. you get the picture. Combining these reasons would make disgusting scenarios. Imagine your warlord with canis, mordeo, siren powers standing next to a tigrey and mordeo. You have a steelshell turtle that one shots anyone attacking and btw, one shots your entire team.

I propose however making our warlords matter. The only thing that seems to make sense is allowing a one skill change for non buff skills, but still opens a huge can of worms. I think the greater stats (assuming level creep) unbalances them. Having an insane tigrey/bluebot/mordeo/etc with good atk and agi is too much. Limiting them to being a good hitter is still hard. Horde chieftain is too easy an out....meh!!! Honestly, FF just isn't set up well for this.

Maybe an outside the box approach to making them matter? 5% passive event point bonus if you use your warlord with option to take out your warlord in raid events? Really no great solution...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   July 31st 2013, 11:09 pm

Yes, either have the option to swap out your leader for someone else in raid, or allow us to swap the skill out for just raid; I don't care which one they decide on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   August 1st 2013, 3:21 pm

Edwardgrc2 wrote:
Adding Leader skill will kill the game. Probably only the level increase.  And also a new event.

Along long time ago in a galaxy far away there was a Developer named Marcus who actually gave 2 shits. During that small period of time he asked myself and a few other active players in the WIKI CHAT if it would be good or bad idea to add skills to leader. My vote was no and still is no. If our leaders get to start having procs like blue bots buff then everyone is going to the highest wis leader , and sirens will be non existant. But even an EVE proc from a 12-14 k wis squad leader pretty much turns every single persons team into a potential nuke. Theres not anywhere near the prestige in BB as there is in FF to be top dog in PVP. BB is just burn a ton of res with a ok squad and your still doing good in the event. Here if you dont have a good squad you aren't getting the 30 win streaks more then a couple times per event.

I think its essential to keep that NEED for better mercs to have a chance in PVP. Otherwise the player base as a whole is going to get even smaller. There needs to always be new shiny mercs/items to push progression. Just like WoW or any other game thats doing well there needs to be something driving us toward a goal even if that goal is never obtainable. A few people like Strap will make it to the very top of having perfect squad ( who remembers the jackson 5 squad?) but most of us will keep feeling that drive toward bigger and better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
@Anonymous!
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   August 2nd 2013, 2:30 am

If u like the ADD SKILL GO BACK TO BB!!!!!!!
WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK? THAT THIS IS BB'S CLONE? THIS IS FF!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   August 2nd 2013, 4:41 am

Another downside of the add skill for PVP is there is NO WAY you could possibly know what skill was added to your opponent. Sure you could have a monster squad, but the complete chaos that would arise because you can't even guess what you will be facing makes this feature a non-starter in my book.

The 2nd team hidden from inspection on the full squad rounds drives me crazy. Adding a wrinkle like this would just push me toward not playing the PVP events. The insanity would not be worth my time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   August 2nd 2013, 7:40 am

But Anon, I play both.... And GI joe....

@hept

Generally you can tell what to expect out of the leader based on the rest of the squadmates. If you see a bunch of AGI mercs, chances are the leader will buff AGI and have some AGI moves of his own, and if he doesn't, then the squad isn't very well put together and you shouldn't have trouble defeating it. I'd welcome a bit of chaos into this game, it's too predictable at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   August 2nd 2013, 7:49 am

DaedHead8 wrote:
But Anon, I play both.... And GI joe....

@hept

Generally you can tell what to expect out of the leader based on the rest of the squadmates. If you see a bunch of AGI mercs, chances are the leader will buff AGI and have some AGI moves of his own, and if he doesn't, then the squad isn't very well put together and you shouldn't have trouble defeating it. I'd welcome a bit of chaos into this game, it's too predictable at the moment.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duavae
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   August 2nd 2013, 7:54 am

It just happened
happy weekend battles lets begin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choose Leader skill and level increase   

Back to top Go down

Choose Leader skill and level increase
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatal Frontier Forum :: Fatal Frontier :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: