The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Amateur Tower Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 6:58 pm

I'm hoping to find a couple allies for the upcoming tower event.  Full disclosure, this will be my first tower event.  I joined up at the end of the last PVP event and I've been playing constantly (11 days I think - just got my first 5 man form about 15min ago).

I can't really promise how well I'll do in the upcoming event since I haven't seen it before, but I'm fairly addicted and expect to be very active.  I ranked in top 60 for PVP on Saturday and Sunday and #710 in raid event (I didn't have allies for most of the event and at the end of the event my best ally was ranked ~1500).

If anyone else is relatively new and looking for a team or is taking it easy this event let me know.

Also - I'm working with keymaster v2 (8859agil), volt reap v4 (10790 wis), mecha horde v2 (9807 agil), blue wasp (7111 att), keymaster v2 (8859agil)

In reserve - Bloater v2, Crdnl D-Gunner v2, Giga Primarch, Lvl64 Duke, Shatai Shaman v2

On deck - Lvl70 lockdown, Lvl 70 Dual Discharge v2, Lvl Giga Primarch

If anyone has advice on the most efficient way for me to boost my squad for tower lmk. Thanks.

Last edited by orionpfaff on August 6th 2013, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hatchetrizer
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 9:25 pm

Look up Mekkai. He is a newbie also looking for allies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 9:34 pm

Are you running four man or five man squad? Lets start there
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
hatchetrizer
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 9:34 pm

As for tower...have lots of erks & first aid

Attempt the strongest tier bc it nets more points

Gather all the mind erasers, brain eaters & ps u can before it starts.

Use the brain eaters on infinite anomalies & tower boss. Try to use them on anomolies when u have the chance to capture multiple at once

Use mind erasers on every thing!

At your level, try to acquire a healer for your reserves

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 9:37 pm

@orionpfaff: I have a Skrillez v2 that is basically max level and proc up on the exchange for a BE x1. If that is too rich, LMK via PM and I'll deal him to you for something-next to nothing as I don't use him. Might help you out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 10:49 pm

hatchetrizer wrote:
As for tower...have lots of erks & first aid

Attempt the strongest tier bc it nets more points

Gather all the mind erasers, brain eaters & ps u can before it starts.

Use the brain eaters on infinite anomalies & tower boss.  Try to use them on anomolies when u have the chance to capture multiple at once

Use mind erasers on every thing!

At your level, try to acquire a healer for your reserves

Hope that helps

Hatch over simplified. Points increase with the higher levels in the Nexus and on each base level of the tower. During the event, about halfway, there is a 130% points multiplier that kicks in, and then on the last day or so the multiplier jumps to 150%.

If you only have a few brain eaters, wait until the 150% kicks in, use the mind erasers until then. Also, I've heard the infinite anomalies generate more points than tower bosses. Others know the specifics much better than I.

Finally, push to the highest level on the base tower you can reasonably clear without having to use a large number of erk's / first aid. And remember, every 5 minutes you recover 1 unit of energy, plan your nexus levels so you don't run out of time. You only get 20 minutes to clear a floor in the nexus. Realistically, waiting a few minutes to recover 1 or 2 units of energy can stretch you into completing a higher level multiplier.

Enjoy the experience!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 10:54 pm

The capture bonus usually starts with two days left. Other than that the above is correct. Let me just add the anomallies and keymasters bring in the most points. And swap a injured merc and while you take steps the mercs in reserve gain health.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 11:03 pm

orionpfaff wrote:
I'm hoping to find a couple allies for the upcoming tower event.  Full disclosure, this will be my first tower event.  I joined up at the end of the last PVP event and I've been playing constantly (11 days I think - just got my first 5 man form about 15min ago).

I can't really promise how well I'll do in the upcoming event since I haven't seen it before, but I'm fairly addicted and expect to be very active.  I ranked in top 60 for PVP on Saturday and Sunday and #710 in raid event (I didn't have allies for most of the event and at the end of the event my best ally was ranked ~1500).

If anyone else is relatively new and looking for a team or is taking it easy this event let me know.

Also - I'm working with keymaster v2 (8859agil), volt reap v4 (10790 wis), mecha horde v2 (9807 agil), blue wasp (7111 att)

In reserve - Bloater v2, Crdnl D-Gunner v2, Giga Primarch, Lvl64 Duke, Shatai Shaman v2

If anyone has advice on the most efficient way for me to boost my squad for tower lmk. Thanks.

Regarding your squad, do you have the 5-man team yet? Or are you still working with a 4-man squad? Gang, how about some squad suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 11:09 pm

I asked the same question above Hep.

No answer yet
Back to top Go down
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 11:54 pm

First off, thanks for the responses.

Ace/hept, I'm running the first 5 merc format that you get.

Hatchet, I'm working with 3BE and 6ps. Sounds like I should try to pick up some more. Any recommendations for a healer? Probably should have kept the fu I was working on even though it didn't seem any good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 11:57 pm

Is that skilled worth grabbing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 11:58 pm

Skrillez... Sorry for the multi message. On my phone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hatchetrizer
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 11:58 pm

Skrillez is about your best bet unless u can get Odin (which is the shiiizzzz!!!)

Look up in this thread. Zoar has 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 5th 2013, 11:59 pm

Skrillez can help you early on yes.
Back to top Go down
hatchetrizer
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 12:00 am

Look up Mekkai in game. he is a friend thats looking for an ally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 12:04 am

I sent Mekkai an invite and I'll probably grab that Skrillez from Zoar. Any thoughts on how to set my form?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nivaiq
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 1:03 am

Mate I can give you a dual discharge v2 to fuse with one you already have. It'll be a ghetto evo but wth. And I have a horde greaper to swap in for that bloater. He will take damage and counter. Hits for 10k so will be pretty useful.

Formation wise I was thinking W with: Key-blue-mecha-skillez-volt
Reserve: Duke-giga-DualD-giga-horde

I'm not the best at forming teams guys. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling.

Keep an eye out on exchange. Sometimes there are good deals to be made for Erks and crystals. I started off with a rabid mutant and big wench. Try to grab a few event rares and either offload for res or a decent merc. Dynamaniac and ultra mutants are great for beginners and you can get them for 4 res these days.

Do pm me with whatever rare you're offering for horde greaper v2 and dual discharge v2. They can be anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 1:37 am

Hey, I've got a skyscraper v2 that is a decent healer. I've had better luck with him rather than Skrillez, and you can have him for a crystal or two (save ammo/shots/brains for the event).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 1:51 am

orionpfaff wrote:
... got my first 5 man form about 15min ago

- I'm working with keymaster v2 (8859agil), volt reap v4 (10790 wis), mecha horde v2 (9807 agil), blue wasp (7111 att)

I can't remember if the first formation is "\/" or "/\". Either way, put your Blue Wasp in position 2 or 4 and drop one of your Primarchs in the other. Put the Keymaster and/or Volt Reaper up front as they have solid damage. In the back row drop the other Primarch and the Gunner behind wasp/primarch.

Try this out (for the "\/" formation):
Front: Keymaster - Primarch - Lockdown - Blue Wasp - Volt Reaper
Back: Dual Discharge - Primarch - Duke - Gunner - Mecha Horde

I'm certain I'll hear from the gallery, but hopefully this get's you thinking. Carpe Diem!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blandquick
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 2:31 am

Go for blitz since you,don't have the flexibility yet.

Your front line:
Blue wasp, keymaster, gunner, mecha, duke

This agi team is made to wipe them out first, cause you can't outlast them. The harder tower levels get tough. They buff themselves to basically one shot your guys. If either one of your buffers proc, you are good to go.

Obviously, switch out duke to maximize energy. Also switch out duke to a multi hitter for bosses.

Also, I will answer your PM, I might have a trade for you. Epic mecha hordes are great for your starter team until you start building PE stuff.

Basically, try hard to have team synergy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 9:31 am

I left out the other Key that I'm using.  Updated.

orionpfaff wrote:
I'm working with keymaster v2 (8859agil), volt reap v4 (10790 wis), mecha horde v2 (9807 agil), blue wasp (7111 att), keymaster v2 (8859agil)

The first 5 merc form is /\

Based on what has been said (and the 2nd Keymaster I have), I'm thinking it makes sense to run it as...

Front: Blue Wasp - Keymaster - Gunner - Keymaster - Mecha Horde
Back: Volt Reaper - Primarch - Dual Discharge - Lockdown - Duke

Unused: Primarch (I'll be using to evolve the other one shortly)

Does that make sense or should I get the volt into the front line somehow? Also, shouldn't the volt remain in the back line since it has a Wis based attack, or am I confused?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 9:35 am

I have a bunch of knucklebreakers you can have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 10:10 am

I sent you a PM Arth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlakhaiVaynard
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 1:49 pm

Orion - I'm in about the same boat as you and would be happy to ally with you for the next tower event - name in game is the same as here. I'll be running a PE E.V.E 4.0 that I can only assume I got by accident trading event rewards a couple events ago, a PE Junker War Marshal v2 (that I was I had put 50 crystals into the seed of in hindsight), a PE Volt Reaper v4, and either a Vulture IV-S (10280 Wis) or a 99% Deepsea Razorfin v2 (depending on when the event starts). I have a Vulture IV-W and a variety of Wasps for my reserve, plus working on an Ironsight, Warlord (but I still need a couple Gunsmith v1 to get him completed).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 2:04 pm

Vaynard and Orion make sure to read the event stickies for tips and things like that. Very good info in there and don't be afraid to ask.

The only stupid questions are the one's we do not ask.
Back to top Go down
AlakhaiVaynard
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 2:22 pm

Here is one - someone above mentioned a healer. I don't have any, but I could get a Skrillez v2 off the Exchange probably, but my PS and BE reserves are low anyways (most of my trading has been for incremental power increases instead of resources).

The strategy in Defender of Texel has usually been to farm the highest level you can reasonably farm without blowing through your Heals/Revives faster than you can recover them, so that is what I did last event - that ended up being about level 6 or 7. This time I'm hoping that getting rid of my Vultures for the Razorfin and War Marshal (particularly the Marshal - his debuff often has enemies in the 'normal' mode hitting me for 0 damage) will let me farm 8 or 9 (for the increased % chance at capturing the boss). This was without a healer/resser. Does this sound like an acceptable strategy or should I definitely try to get a healer? Would a healer with weak stats realistically increase my ability to farm higher stages more than just using strong familiars and swapping them to the back between fights to heal 10%?

Also, I have literally like 1,000 mind erasers - should I just be attempting to capture everything (my past experience was that capturing non-void, non-boss enemies wasn't worth many points at all, but points are points I guess?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlakhaiVaynard
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 2:31 pm

Hah, I actually forgot - I do have an E3 Grandmaster Fi, not leveled - pulled him directly from the pact, but my limited experience made me feel like he was pretty worthless as he is - I'd need either a [1+1]+2 to add him to, or a [[1+1]+[1+1]], to get a 99% evo out of it - and his evolved stats we not inspiring enough for me to try to put that together on the Exchange. But I guess I do have him and I could level him and swap him in and out if a healer really helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimey
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 2:34 pm

Capture everything once you reached your comfort zone (!). Those points are 1/3 to 1/4 of my total points. That said I play zone 10 casually, so no res used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 2:35 pm

During tower use mind erasers any chance you get. A healer would help BUT as you get higher in tower atk and def are best. That healer will be dead in one shot so he won't be healing anyone. Don't buy a skrilkez, i'm sure someone here has one you could use or have as a gift. My wife may even have one. I will check when she gets home.

And just fyi.... Odin is one of the very few healers that can run zone 9 and 10
Back to top Go down
AlakhaiVaynard
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 2:55 pm

Alright, cool. I figured that the low stats on the healers would be a bit rough, so good to know that I was right. Every merc I am going to use except my leader has over 10,000 defense - and I have a merc I can stick behind my leader in case they get low. I usually stick them in the back row too (but I like to fight them, as the level ups help cover the power gap between experienced players, plus the only way they'll ever get better is to level haha). I picked Kennedy way back when just because she had a multi-hit power which I knew tended to be pretty good. I do have my free swap available still though - what is the general consensus on the best leader, overall (any event type?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 2:58 pm

Utilize your leaders level as well for leveling up and energy use. Make sure you can swap your leader out in order to suck your energy dry if you are about to level up
Back to top Go down
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 3:24 pm

Attack buffers is good at tower. Hell if u have 5 primarchs u will need only 1-2 erk at floor 10. Ultra mutants-primarch combo is a cheap tower blaster
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nivaiq
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 3:28 pm

http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/The_Eternal_One_v4

The only healer I ever used. He was awesome! But generally its best to focus on offence. Try to kill them before they kill you. Even now I sometimes glance down at my squad and they're all dead. Infinity gates are bizarre.

Get to your comfort zone and stay there. If you have to use erks after every fight you might want to drop down a zone. Remember to switch mercs back and forth so they heal without you having to use items. And make sure you place appropriate mercs as subs!

Capture every single thing from the start. It all adds up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 3:39 pm

Any be's you have or gain use those on the last two days when capture bonus is up to 30%
Back to top Go down
erictoulze
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 6th 2013, 5:28 pm

I have a mini skrillez V2 if anyone needs it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlakhaiVaynard
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 7th 2013, 12:14 pm

Still have room for 3 allies if anyone is interested, AlakhaiVaynard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 7th 2013, 12:31 pm

I've still got room for 2 - orionpfaff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlakhaiVaynard
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 9:44 am

Sheesh, 0 trips to the nexus and 1 out of 25 captures on the boss so far. This could be going better lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 10:10 am

I got one capture and 3 trips but all 3 trips came at times when I couldn't capitalize (at work).

I wish I had a couple more allies sitting around us Alakhai.  The rest of mine are bullshitters unless they step it up at the end. Ranked between 528-1176 right now...ugh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 11:06 am

You two should come join us at Team Fug Bug for the next Raid and Tower events. We may have to start a second team but we'll do what we have to do to get everyone good allies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 11:26 am

I'm definitely interested. This event is making me much more aware of what it will take to rank where I want to. I'm out of town this weekend so I won't do as well as I would like this time around, but I still expect to sit around 300.

Where does TFB generally rank?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 11:28 am

Generally we all rank top 500 but most of us have been ranking top 200 lately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
AlakhaiVaynard
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 12:02 pm

Yep, I almost posted in the TFB thread before, but then I saw this one and decided I'd hang with Orion this time around since it was my first event organizing a team. But I'm placing in top 200 currently, hope to end under 300, with Orion and Mekkai the only two allies, so maybe I'm more ready for a better team than I thought. Amazing what a couple new mercs can do to bump you up I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 12:03 pm

^^ damn straight
Back to top Go down
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 12:27 pm

Yeah dude. I need a couple more though. I can't beat the 10th round. Just keep running #8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 12:35 pm

I'm stuck on Floor 10, they onehit kill my Leader every time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 1:28 pm

Orion, Fresh & Vanyard,

Stay at the level in the tower you can reasonably complete (or use a few erk's if something goes haywire). I'm running level 9 as I found the squad I have chokes hard on level 10, and level 8 has some funny business in the first 4 rounds that I don't like. Level 7 still has good points, and if you are using the XP boost (day or event), you should be able to level at least a few mercs while the event is running.

Also, if you need more allies, search the other threads for people that were looking and send them a note. You never know.

Last event I had one ally that placed top 100 that shared a ton of points. Do what you can, and we'll help you along the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 1:47 pm

AlakhaiVaynard wrote:
Also, I have literally like 1,000 mind erasers - should I just be attempting to capture everything (my past experience was that capturing non-void, non-boss enemies wasn't worth many points at all, but points are points I guess?)
With that many mind erasers, skip the last step after defeating the floor boss. Once you get the points for the boss, withdraw from the floor. You surrender the additional 10 mind erasers, but if you have TONS, your better course is to save 1 unit of energy for later rounds. Over time you'll get extra rounds through the floor, and more points.

The nexus ... that's a whole different beast. I believe it's addressed elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 2:14 pm

I'm rushing the 10th for the hell of it. Burning Erks but I'll make it through. After that, back to 7 and 9. I seem to be doing OK with key, dual gunner, key, blue wasp, key. But, if anyone has a big deal if to trade let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   August 9th 2013, 3:37 pm

Try locating a cheap Junker War Marshal or Wasteland Rider. They seem to help against the first half of lvl10 "let's get amped and beat you silly" enemies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Tower Team   

Back to top Go down

Amateur Tower Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next