The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

ATTN newer players RE: mercs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mrpug
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 1:49 am

aceslifebegins wrote:
Well the countdown has begun. Unfortunately we all believed i had a little more time than this :/

What a terrible fkn feeling. Anyways more details coming soon but all my mercs will have new homes. No need for requests as i've already decided who is going where. Thanks guy and gals.

It really was fun and i will miss a shitload of you or at least i think i will...not exactly sure what happens "after" lol
hey man, I don't know what to say... we'll miss you here and I hope you lived a good life. I hope you live out the rest of your days with family and friends and share happy moments. One day we'll all be in that "after" together again. Maybe they have FF with fair proc rates there (sorry for the lame joke). My prayers go out to you aces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrpug
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 2:02 am

btw, do you mind if I ask Dakota to make a Lethal in your name? I didn't know you like the other guys, but somehow I think this would be fitting. I think a lot of people would go for that L Smile. if you think this is a good idea, we can get in contact with Dakota and put a thread up in suggestions. You should choose a fitting name Smile. Definitely would be the most badass L in the universe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 2:44 am

My heart goes out to you and your family. You know that love and support is always here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 8:59 am

aceslifebegins wrote:
Well the countdown has begun. Unfortunately we all believed i had a little more time than this :/

What a terrible fkn feeling. Anyways more details coming soon but all my mercs will have new homes. No need for requests as i've already decided who is going where. Thanks guy and gals.

It really was fun and i will miss a shitload of you or at least i think i will...not exactly sure what happens "after" lol
no No NO! I don't accept this! The world is going to be a darker place without you Aces. Love up on your family as much as you can; at least you have the "luxury" of some time to see your close family and friends. Some people don't get that "luxury".

Stay strong. You have been a great pillar of strength in this gaming community and we will miss you dearly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
souperbean
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 9:24 am

Truly sad news. I've enjoyed reading your posts and you've been a great help to me and many others. Our thoughts go out to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 12:23 pm

Only read the post today, we've talked in PM before and you know how I feel about this entire situation. There are no words for the feelings I'm having right now, the only thing I can say is: Stay strong for yourself and for your family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 12:40 pm

That was a post that I didn’t want to see until sometime next year or even 2015. Before you sign off from the forum, please let us know so we can send you a PM. I’m sure your “extended” family will have things to say.

In regards to an in-game merc, I would suggest a regular four chevron version. That way we can all have one and if done correctly, it could raise awareness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 1:51 pm

mrpug wrote:
btw, do you mind if I ask Dakota to make a Lethal in your name? I didn't know you like the other guys, but somehow I think this would be fitting. I think a lot of people would go for that L Smile. if you think this is a good idea, we can get in contact with Dakota and put a thread up in suggestions. You should choose a fitting name Smile. Definitely would be the most badass L in the universe.
Gang, go look at the posting Aces dropped with the pic of the trading card and compare that to the headshot of the Commando merc. I believe you'll see the resemblance and the timing of it coming out shortly after the "fightinfrank" account went live is uncanny.

But, I agree that a 4 chevron Epic would be most fitting.

Carpe Diem - A.M.D.G.

... and Aces, you know how much I appreciate and value everything you've shared with me and the FF crew. You will be greatly missed. Crying or Very sad  Sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 2:33 pm

We need to make sure Frank still sees the Bulletstinger v2 at least. :'(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 2:42 pm

Damn Frank, with the excitement and lamentations of events and Dakota shenanigans, it was easy to forget that things couldn't go on like this.

Continue to be strong and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

You are an inspiration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 4:14 pm

Ah Ace, I hope your not so close to the final hours.. the world will be a lesser place without you, I truley admire your spirit and the way you have handled everything thats been thrown at you.

Wish i had joined the forums so much sooner and got to know you better, has been an honour, you will be missed greatly by everyone here im sure of that.

Peace out bud, hope you can enjoy your remaining time with loved ones x

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 4:28 pm

This is by far the saddest departure from the community for obvious reasons. You're a good friend Frank, may your travels here and in the beyond be well.

mrpug wrote:
I love this idea. I picture it basically as a re-release of Jackson Omega, just replace Cold Blooded with Killing Spree and rename it Fightin' Frank. Best L ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
trob1831
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 9:07 pm

definitely in my prayers man i know you'd do the same for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 9:19 pm

whatever time u have left let them be with ur family ace...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendohs
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   October 2nd 2013, 9:29 pm

We need to sticky a dedicated topic.
Frank, I have no words my friend, your a legend a gentleman and an inspiration.
Heart goes out to you and your closest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 1:39 pm

This is Franks wife Wendy......he passed on October 18th....He played this game up until 3 days before he died. This game and you people were an outlet for him and I thank you so very much for that. I am trying to find information on the fightin frank account. He did not leave me the info however wanted me to play it but i cant lol. You can email me at Luvdcuties@aol.com I love you all for the outlet you gave him when death was all he was facing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
markmolina777
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 1:44 pm

your very welcome Wendy Frank was one of a kind well all.miss him very much:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 1:48 pm

He was truly a unique and giving individual and it was nice to have gotten to know him.  I didn't know him as well as many on here I'm sure, but I believe I can speak for everyone when I say our condolences go out to you and your family. He is missed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 2:01 pm

aceslifebegins wrote:
This is Franks wife Wendy......he passed on October 18th....He played this game up until 3 days before he died. This game and you people were an outlet for him and I thank you so very much for that. I am trying to find information on the fightin frank account. He did not leave me the info however wanted me to play it but i cant lol. You can email me at Luvdcuties@aol.com I love you all for the outlet you gave him when death was all he was facing.
If my memory is correct, wasn't the FightnFrank account setup by Dukekiwi? He might be able to help. I know that Frank told me that he did want you (Wendy) to be able to access his accounts. I'm pretty sure that I am still allied with your accounts (aceslifebegins, l2ace0r <--if this is you). I removed the FightnFrank one but just couldn't remove aceslifebegins yet...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 2:44 pm

Zoar1984 wrote:
aceslifebegins wrote:
If my memory is correct, wasn't the FightnFrank account setup by Dukekiwi?  He might be able to help.  I know that Frank told me that he did want you (Wendy) to be able to access his accounts.  I'm pretty sure that I am still allied with your accounts (aceslifebegins, l2ace0r <--if this is you).  I removed the FightnFrank one but just couldn't remove aceslifebegins yet...

Thank you The FightnFrank is the only one I cannot get on. those 2 accounts were his my two accounts were luvnmesumedge and franksfight
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 2:54 pm

Wendy, my heart literally skipped a beat when I saw a post from aces on the side of my screen, I missed seeing that, just like I miss your husband. I believe I know where the log in information is, I will attempt to stay in email contact with you, but I will be out of town this weekend, and internet will be a problem. I look forward to getting to know you. For what it is worth, this forum is a place where you will always have friends because of the impact that Frank made on us all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 2:58 pm

mamoncrief wrote:
Wendy, my heart literally skipped a beat when I saw a post from aces on the side of my screen, I missed seeing that, just like I miss your husband. I believe I know where the log in information is, I will attempt to stay in email contact with you, but I will be out of town this weekend, and internet will be a problem. I look forward to getting to know you. For what it is worth, this forum is a place where you will always have friends because of the impact that Frank made on us all.

Thank you I appreciate that greatly.....I had to search out the forum he forget to give me all details so it is nice to come where my husband spent most of his time in the end. It was his get a way and it worked. My husband was my soulmate and I would have taken my own life to save his if I could have but life is life so now I live as a widow and yeah it sucks however meeting people whom helped him get away from him death sentence is a pleasure. At some point I will make a name of my own lol

Wendy Edge
luvdcuties@aol.com
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 4:57 pm

Glad you found the forum Wendy! Frank was well loved around these parts and it just isn't the same without him. You should read this thread: fatalfrontier.userboard.net/t1000-here-it-is-in-a-nutshell I think it does a good job of showing how much Frank impacted us all.
Back to top Go down
Kendohs
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 5:21 pm

Wendy, do a search on the forum for his aces account. There will be a few hours of reading and some laughs with the amount he posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 9:06 pm

DaedHead8 wrote:
Glad you found the forum Wendy! Frank was well loved around these parts and it just isn't the same without him. You should read this thread: fatalfrontier.userboard.net/t1000-here-it-is-in-a-nutshell I think it does a good job of showing how much Frank impacted us all.
I just got through some and I am so happy I am writing a book in regards to Franks 2 year battle and would like to include how he used a community of online friends to keep smiling on days when he really did not want to. It is still raw for me but I see everything of his around me. I take one day at a time and will be very happy when the holidays are over. ;(
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 5th 2013, 9:31 pm

Let us know where we can buy your book when you are done. I'm sure it will be an inspirational read, and I am most interested in acquiring a copy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 6th 2013, 4:20 pm

Yes, please let us know where to get a copy! I joined too late to get to know him, but even still, he made an impact on me. What an amazing Legacy he has! My prayers are with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 6th 2013, 4:30 pm

aceslifebegins wrote:
DaedHead8 wrote:
I just got through some and I am so happy I am writing a book in regards to Franks 2 year battle and would like to include how he used a community of online friends to keep smiling on days when he really did not want to. It is still raw for me but I see everything of his around me. I take one day at a time and will be very happy when the holidays are over. ;(
I wish I had some sage advice to impart but I think you're already on the right path. Taking things one day at a time is the best possible thing you could do. I hope you decide to stick around and chat with us, things are awful slow without Frank around here. He hit 1,000 posts faster than anyone else on this board and he's still among the posters with the highest post counts. Instead of making your own account I think you should just use this account and add to Frank's high score. You'd be the new Ace. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
urs4mine
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 9th 2013, 7:00 pm

+1 to DeadHead's thoughts. Keep the aces acct alive. As I've said, I never got the chance to meet Frank but from what I've read he did have a lot to offer to the community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   December 10th 2013, 11:05 am

Wendy - I sent a note to you that I received from ryback when the FightinFrank account was being loaded. Hopefully the info was helpful in getting you into the account.

I am truly saddened by your loss and pray that some of the correspondence from this forum on various topics eases some of the pain from this first Christmas season without Frank. Please keep in touch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTN newer players RE: mercs   

Back to top Go down

ATTN newer players RE: mercs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3