The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Maelstrom - Mercs broken

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eros1986
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   August 26th 2013, 9:52 pm

So I just noticed that while hitting the raid boss, my incinerate is not making her bleed every time it hits (as in sometimes she bleeds after being hit 4-5 times by different incinerates some rounds later) and my bionic is not weakening her every time it hits. What the hell is up with this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   August 26th 2013, 11:48 pm

I don't think the bleed effect is 100%, same with weaken. Pretty sure its a "chance" thing. I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   August 27th 2013, 2:40 am

Yeah it seems as though there is % chance put over the top of the usual 100% chance for some sort of effect to apply on a hit. Not sure what happens if the % to apply an effect on a hit is < 100% normally.

I would guess that maybe around 80-90% of the time my incin will have set a raid boss alight after a 6 hit procs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blandquick
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   August 27th 2013, 3:34 am

Status effects have less chance on bosses...

Extremely curious...how do you have an incinerate without knowing this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eros1986
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   August 27th 2013, 4:48 am

Really? I might be wrong then. Honestly I was going by the fact that it doesn't say sometimes make them bleed or sometimes weaken the enemy, it says AND. Also, every time I've used them they either end up one shot killing stuff or bleeding them, I've used the same team last raid too and I could've sworn they made the boss bleed every time they hit, actually more like the first time they hit, cause then it just continues to bleed regardless. But, like I said, I could be wrong then, maybe I just never noticed that it was a sometimes kinda effect. That sucks a little then, by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   August 27th 2013, 6:13 am

Well 100% wouldnt be any fun lol

Ok yeah it would but the bleed is def worse against this boss so far
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   August 27th 2013, 9:59 am

Although 100% effect chance is listed in JSON, I assume this is for normal map enemies (which always die after 1 hit anyway, so kinda useless). Bosses always have a much higher chance to resist status effects... something like 80% reduced chance to stick an effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   August 27th 2013, 10:58 am

my incin burns 70% of time, i gather, not 100%
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everydaynyc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   August 28th 2013, 5:30 am

Its really no different than the poisoners like cardinal A.I. or Paindeer in that somtimes even though after their normal attack they toss a poison tick at the boss, it doesnt always stick. Even big rig demonstrates this situation. As a general rule of thumb anytime a merc posesses a 2 pronged attack skill that goes off in one attack round I assume the secondary attack becomes a "chance of success" when its used against a raid boss. I cant think of a single merc that has a 2 pronged attack skill that ive used in raid where that hasnt been the case. Even the attack/paralyzer or attack/shock mercs suddenly get pee shy sometimes when its time for part 2 of the combo in front of a raid boss.

In addition there has been buzz for a while now that bionic tele was going to get a power downgrade so maybe thats worked it way thru on him finally. Plus incinerate is starting to show some cracks in the lava shell....i.e. Hes getting on in years which means its time to start steering him towards Shady Pines Nerfing home like every other once decent merc is experiencing it seems.

It could be worse, i spent my first 2 raid events in agonizing frustration just waiting for my horde greaper to jump up and deflect those raid bosses attacks on my other mercs and slap them just as hard right back "in your face" style only to finally discover that those mercs like canis bulwarks skill will NEVER proc against a raid boss. And i promise you it doenst have "Void where prohibitted or when used against a raid boss" listed anywhere the the skill description.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   August 28th 2013, 5:44 am

I find a wis buff vastly increases sticking the bleed effect on a boss, at least for wis based bleed. Haven't ever tried it with incin

Maybe worth looking into with other status ailments, I have no idea. Just throwing an idea out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maelstrom - Mercs broken   

Back to top Go down

Maelstrom - Mercs broken
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1