The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 1:02 pm

Hey Dakota guys,

I haven't used Slice & Blast in about 10 hours, so I don't know if this problem has been corrected, but 10 hours ago his Protective Bubble skill was broken. It's unclear from the description what the skill is supposed to do, but as I understand it, it's not a use only once during battle kind of skill, yet that's what it's doing. It works the first time it procs, but the second time he procs, the bubble won't shield, so all it ends up doing is wasting a hit in order to proc a skill that doesn't work the second time it is used.

Could I suggest the following alternatives?

1. Make Protective Bubble 40%, but have him able to use the bubble repeatedly, even when the bubble is still active with 1 attack remaining, so it resets back to lasting for 2 attacks. (with the current skill description you have written, this is what it should be doing)

2. Make Protective Bubble a 70% opening buff that only works once, thus freeing up his 2 hit feature. If you're going to do this, change Cascading Slashes to 3 random hits and a 100% damage modifier. Otherwise he will be too underpowered.

It's an unspoken belief in this game that Raid Event lethals are considered to be the best lethals. Right now as it stands, Slice & Blast is barely Infinity Gates worthy. Please fix him or consider the other suggestion I mentioned, as he's very, very underpowered right now.

Also, Lilith's Shifting Blade skill says sometimes lower DEF, but the ailment status icon showing up after the effect takes hold is lower AGI. Which is it?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Please, no more 3 hit cone attacks for lethals. It's my fault for not reading it more closely, but if I had known his skill only hit in a cone, instead of 3 random enemies, I probably wouldn't have tried for 2 of them. Just food for thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 1:14 pm

I'd also like to add, why bother making his WIS stat say 14491 (2L, 100 crystals) when it is a completely useless stat? The stat could be 10781 (the final AGI stat) or even 1 and it would still do the same thing, protect 60% of damage dealt. How about you swap the WIS and AGI stats, so he stands a better chance of using the Protective Bubble before getting wiped off the map because he goes last?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 4:29 pm

Yeah, the more I use this guy in PVP, the more I see he doesn't work the way he's supposed to.

Aside from Protective Bubble only working once, I really think his AGI and WIS stats need to be swapped. He's always the last to go and by then, most matches are over, rendering the Protective Bubble skill useless, especially for a lethal given out during raid.

Please make his AGI stat 14491 and his WIS stat 10781.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strapavelli
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 5:04 pm

Even his attack skill is useless. Ive only seen him hit one guy everytime, id rather him just not proc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 5:12 pm

I could care less if I keep him or trade him away for res, but I do want to see a lethal that works the way it should and is worthy of being offered for a raid event.

Right now he's not either of those things and needs to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 5:39 pm

Lol off topic but does anyone else agree he looks like the lovechild of lockdown and spectre, but caught the recessive gene for agi lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NastyMrG
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 8:53 pm

Hi,
We need to look into why this skill might be casting/functioning only once per fight. It was meant to be working as you said in your #1 suggestion.

Lillth debuff onhit should be DEF. If it's not, that is a quicker fix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 8:56 pm

^^ good lookin out MrG
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 9:37 pm

Thanks MrG!

Any hope of amping up the AGI while lowering the WIS and changing the hits to random instead of the dreaded cone attack? Both Serpent Shade and Chained Spirit have these kinds of attacks and I honestly thought S&B would be the same.

The Aunty Grace/Vibriss attack-multiple-targets-at-once is good for Epics and Rares, but drastically underpowers lethals, which is why nobody likes Vibriss or Aunty Grace.

Even when working properly, Protective Bubble isn't going to be a huge game-changer, especially with the AGI being so low to where he goes last. Plus, his artwork just makes him look like he'd be really fast, lol. Any buffed attack is still going to kill or, at the very least, gravely injure a squad using the Protective Bubble, as 60% of a 40K hit (what most buffed teams hit at) will still kill someone under protection.

Anyway, thanks again for looking into the proc problem and I hope you would consider making these other small tweaks as well to help bring S&B up to where he should be.

1. Swap AGI & WIS stats.
2. Change to 3 random strikes (keep 80% modifier).
3. Fix Protective Bubble so it processes the way it should.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 10:36 pm

I completely agree with fixing things that don't work as advertised (Protective bubble and attack), but asking to switch stats isn't really reasonable in my opinion. With attacks they need to stick to standard keywords that mean standard things eg:

Adjacent keyword = cone
Random keyword = multi hitter
No keyword = nuke

It seems this used to be the case, but now it seems that they are just doing whatever.

It was advertised as an event reward with certain stats and skills. People decided to compete for or decided not to compete for the L based on what was advertised. You can't expect that they would even consider changing the stats post event when the stats may have been the deciding factor as to whether or not people would compete for the L. The other issue is that changing the stats would most likely change the value of the L.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 3rd 2013, 10:58 pm

I don't think S&B's low AGI is a problem at all. Buffed by Artemis or Blue Bot and protected by Canis or Daddy he will live long enough to get the bubble up. Glad to see he's getting the fixes he needs to work right. Should be a good merc for turtle teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 4th 2013, 10:34 pm

Any update on this yet? Has it been fixed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NastyMrG
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 6th 2013, 4:53 pm

Should be fixed now (if you are on Android. iOS takes longer to go through their submissions). Please give it a try and let me know.

As for stat changing...
That likely won't change soon (if ever), for a few main reasons.
A) The primary shield skill was broken (in a negative way for the player), so none of us can say yet whether or not the character as a whole feels right or not.
B) As danthepirate said, we advertised it as such, so it should stay that way.
C) There are lots of cards that would do well with a few minor stat tweaks, but if we start setting a precedent of changing the stats on live characters, players will no longer trust that a good or bad card will stay that way. (want me to nerf blue/black bot too? I've dreamt about it Smile)

We've also done a round of updating skill descriptions to try and be more clear. We're using the word "clustered" to describe the cone type attacks.
I'm thinking about changing the skill animation to makes these type more clear as well, but that's a ways out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 6th 2013, 5:35 pm

Any verbage at all would be helpful. I've not noticed a lot of mercs lately omitting even the standard "random" or "at once" terms in lieu of just saying "Attacks 3 targets (or etc)"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 6th 2013, 8:07 pm

NastyMrG wrote:
Should be fixed now (if you are on Android. iOS takes longer to go through their submissions). Please give it a try and let me know.

As for stat changing...
A) The primary shield skill was broken (in a negative way for the player), so none of us can say yet whether or not the character as a whole feels right or not.
C) There are lots of cards that would do well with a few minor stat tweaks, but if we start setting a precedent of changing the stats on live characters, players will no longer trust that a good or bad card will stay that way. (want me to nerf blue/black bot too? I've dreamt about it Smile)

We've also done a round of updating skill descriptions to try and be more clear. We're using the word "clustered" to describe the cone type attacks.
I'm thinking about changing the skill animation to makes these type more clear as well, but that's a ways out.
Thanks for paying attention to the forum and hearing our voice. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   September 9th 2013, 11:51 am

NastyMrG wrote:

As for stat changing...

I noticed the Slice & Blast skill updates:

Protective Bubble - Shield all squadmates, reducing the next 2 damage sources by 60%
Cascading Slashes - Deal ATK damage and weaken 3 clustered enemies for 1 hit.

Isn't an 80% ATK modifier way too small with Cascading Slashes for a "cone attack" on a Lethal merc??? I don't think upping the modifier to 100% or 150% is too much to ask for, seeing how there are so many other "heavy hitting" mercs out that that will effectively destroy S&B in one turn with or without shield, especially if shield doesn't proc. 80% modifier effectively neuters him into unplayable proportions unless buffed by an ATK buffer merc...and even then, the 80% cone hit is a huge liability in a squad.

Also, what's with his name? Slice & Blast??? c'mon man, that has to be the laziest name to date! I can see where the thought came in, but naming him after what his Cascading Slashes does is neither creative, nor fun. Give the guy a name...he's a Lethal merc...he should have a badass name that suits his badass ninja armor or something about his fighting reputation, like Master Krav Maga (defensive fighting skill that is very strong after the initial defense happens). Something other than a couple of action words grouped together...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect   

Back to top Go down

Slice & Blast Broken, Lilith skill incorrect
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1