The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 8th 2013, 8:11 pm

Anyone want some keys? Have four.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 8th 2013, 9:25 pm

And 25 tower bosses lol

One has to be built for the hell of it
Back to top Go down
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 12:17 am

ugh still no gatekeepers since the first hour that i played in the event...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 12:24 am

I just got first one since yesterday morning
Back to top Go down
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 12:48 am

Got one today as well. Still in it. Captured 3 Keys and still 2 zones for Nexus. Smile

Paint how much have i shared?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 12:55 am

ugh this is miserable but the L is so worth it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 1:23 am

These next 5 days i will only play 6- 7 hours. Is that good enough for a L?

Or do i need to find someone to play from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm central. Time zone U.S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 1:24 am

Oh yes ^^ lol

Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 1:27 am

Yeah i'm gonna have a nice warm spot waiting for nox's cousin lol

I will play off and on constantly but i never purposely wake up to play. If i do wake for meds i will get a couple runs in. I'm just more careful to not fall asleep in nexus lol
Back to top Go down
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 8:40 am

FINALLY i got 2 gatekeepers in the last hour Smile back on the board Cool 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 9:00 am

Will 200 PS and 70 BE be enough for a push to top 25?

So i can burn around 25 PS each day after school
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 9:14 am

oughta be sufficient i would think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 10:44 am

This event rare makes it really hard to stay "incentivized" to play. Nobody needs a shield merc when there's so many heavy hitters out there to use instead. It just takes out all the incentive to try to push hard when you're not going for a Lethal.

The tower boss doesn't help either...

I see this tower event as catering to the pay-to-win crowd and hardcore free-to-play with tons of time and resources to get the Lethal, because everything else is shit.

That being said, good luck to all who are attempting to win the L, it's pretty sick! There are so many crazy good combinations that could be made from an L this beastly!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 10:54 am

My dream team would probably consist of some combination of the following in V formation:

Tide/Marcus - Jackson - Tele - Commando - Canis/Daddy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strapavelli
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 2:41 pm

A hellcat would do u better than a telepath in that squad i think raven, as for this L i think its better than nox if you have a tele or hellcat to buff a blue and the commando
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strapavelli
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 2:47 pm

Oh and i added gummug5 and gummug7, i didnt know who else to add since noone would reply back to me. He says pphusri is playing 1 of them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loveff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 3:30 pm

I play g7 but low level leader causes a little problem while playing. Hopefully, i can hit lv 120 before the bonus time pops up.
And thanks for making a team together strap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 4:44 pm

I dunno, I think the verdict is still out on Commando and I think his asking price will drop once people actually check the JSON and see that his Reinforce skill is only a 50% modifier, as opposed to Mordeo's 100% modifier for Combat Awareness.

Don't get me wrong, 50% will still be useful to a lot of people, but it's not going to be as good as everybody is making it out to be. If it was closer to Mordeo I would say:

Commando > Swift Nox,

but now I would say

Commando = Swift Nox, or might even still give the edge to Swift Urkel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strapavelli
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 4:58 pm

Its only 50% wtf! why am i playing this event
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:03 pm

This is why changing a skill once an event has already started is a bad idea (or not beta-testing the Lethals in the first place to see if they even work properly and are appropriately powered with the right skills and stats). Important details get lost in the excitement.

Since the Slice & Blast debacle, I've taken to reading things much more carefully and checking the JSON multiple times before making a decision about whether I would want to play the event or not.

Now that I see the modifier, I'm glad I stayed out, as it wouldn't be of much use to my setup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:08 pm

iirybackii wrote:
I dunno, I think the verdict is still out on Commando and I think his asking price will drop once people actually check the JSON and see that his Reinforce skill is only a 50% modifier, as opposed to Mordeo's 100% modifier for Combat Awareness.
wait, what? on the WIKI it says 80% WIS...which is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:12 pm

Copied directly from the JSON page:

Reinforce Pre-battle, raise ATK and DEF of self and adjacent squadmates. 0 0.5 1 2 0 12 70

I went ahead and edited the original post of this thread to clear up any confusion.

Last edited by iirybackii on September 9th 2013, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strapavelli
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:17 pm

Im guessing telepath is the last great L we will see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:22 pm

wow, that's kinda lame...he'll still be beast mode, but that will only give an 7578 ATK/DEF buff...mord gives 9686 (on an 8x200) granted he's only one hit, but still that's a 2k stat difference.

maybe he'll just need to be stacked next to a wis buffer to be effective. Imagine this in V:

Titan/Mac - Commando - HC/Tele - Mord - Canis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:28 pm

Strapavelli wrote:
Im guessing telepath is the last great L we will see
probably

at any rate this is a VAST improvement over recent chained spirits, birdkeepers, and slice and blasts. if any of those were remotely worth going for this one definitely is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:29 pm

Ravendill wrote:
wow, that's kinda lame...he'll still be beast mode, but that will only give an 7578 ATK/DEF buff...mord gives 9686 (on an 8x200) granted he's only one hit, but still that's a 2k stat difference.

maybe he'll just need to be stacked next to a wis buffer to be effective. Imagine this in V:

Titan/Mac - Commando - HC/Tele - Mord - Canis
I see where you're going but still, any buffed AGI team would kill off most or all of the team with one proc. Without the speed to go first, you're running a risk for annihilation.

This is why I think that when the rubber meets the road, Buffed AGI teams > Slow, Turtle Teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strapavelli
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:30 pm

You run a wis buffer with commando id rather use a mordeo to transfer 22 k atk and defense if you used hellcat, instead of that trash 50 %
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strapavelli
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:31 pm

I was gonna gonna run 3 teles a blue and commando, but ill just leave mordeo there now. This really pisses me off, now i have to finish the event so i dont shaft my allies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:32 pm

^ I would take a commando or both for Nox? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:46 pm

This is why they need to make a choice and stick to it. At event launch json and exchange had this lethal listed as 80% modifier and buff proccing on defense. Then they changed it to pre battle, then they tweaked the %. all while people are currently running the event to get this guy.

I appreciate the new skills, and I love that they are doing their best to create lethals that are strong while also offering us new modes of play.

But this is just sad.

Fully crystaled, this lethal will add 7578 to atk and defense. This is roughly equivalent (only 188 more) to the worst possible mordeo, before crystals. That means even the worst mordeo crystaled would buff significantly more than this lethal. albeit he won't get 2 attacks, but if we are talking OPE, the buff would be so much better that I am up in the air if I would trade out the mordeo to gain a second attack but lose 3k to each stat for 3 mercs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strapavelli
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 5:57 pm

Ill probably trade u edward
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 6:00 pm

Just updated the wiki with the new, new skill changes so no one is confused.

70% prob, pre battle, 50% wis to atk and def.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 6:03 pm

I still like him, canis-commando-fista-tigrey-blue sounds like fun to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 6:09 pm

He isn't bad. He is just LESS GOOD than everyone who has been scrapping their way through the tower assumed he would be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 6:22 pm

Exactly^^ just not as good. Still better than the healing crap we were getting. He is still a def want and won't change how i use him.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 7:15 pm

I don't agree with edward that he will be worth 400 AC after this event, and now I think that he will be worth around 325- 350 as the top end. Still makes him top 10 lethals in the game, just not top 5.

but that could just be me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edluv1
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 7:53 pm

iirybackii wrote:

I see where you're going but still, any buffed AGI team would kill off most or all of the team with one proc. Without the speed to go first, you're running a risk for annihilation.

This is why I think that when the rubber meets the road, Buffed AGI teams > Slow, Turtle Teams.
How did you do against rogue xiii's team? It wasn't exactly slow, but I would call it a turtle team.

I couldn't put dent in it. of course you nox is a great equalizer and goes first if your buffs go off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 8:15 pm

Gatekeepers again finally. 30% bonus is out Smile
Back to top Go down
iirybackii
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 10:09 pm

edluv1 wrote:
iirybackii wrote:

How did you do against  rogue xiii's team?  It wasn't exactly slow, but I would call it a turtle team.

I couldn't put dent in it.  of course you nox is a great equalizer and goes first if your buffs go off.
I've actually beaten rouge's team a couple times, but yeah, if the buffs and procs don't come, then it's a disastrous loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 9th 2013, 10:51 pm

lol just my luck, i leave after charging my phone fully, and while im out pointboost kicks in. i get a gatekeeper and then slide to internet to check how long i have to wait for my bus transfer and my phone with 47% battery remaining decides its done and without a low battery warning or anything just dies halfway thru my nexus. lol what luck.

sorry im sure nobody cares i just needed to vent about it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 10th 2013, 11:17 am

Paintballer, could be worse. My phone decided to randomly crack its digitizer display underneath the gorilla glass yesterday. No phone for 10 days while I send it back to motorola for repairs Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 10th 2013, 11:32 am

idk man, so far this whole event im able to count the number of nexus runs ive had one one hand... or maybe one 6 digit mutant hand. since point boost started, not counting that nexus, ive had 3 and the last 7-8 hours have been NOTHING. im on earth and im starting to catch the space madness watching this over and over again lol

gorilla glass means droid razr maxx i assume? man all i hear about those phones are problems. droid razr maxx and all the samsung galaxy phones do not seem to have the durability or longevity of other phones that sell for equal or less.

ive literally abused the shit out of my htc incredible and it still runs amazingly. the batter however, is probably about due to be replaced
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 10th 2013, 11:39 am

i hate infinity gates lol

ive just played the last like 14 hours straight and im still falling behind because i cant find a single gatekeeper!

since when were these events lottery competitions? theres no skill in winning when it simply happens because the game gave you more opportunity than others :/

whyyyyy does this have to be the event that i actually want the lethal for my squad bom 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 10th 2013, 1:31 pm

At least you get something out of this event...or might get something out of it Razz 

The rest of us get a shit shield merc and a fusion fodder tower boss merc...this event only caters to the L hunters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 10th 2013, 2:03 pm

lol well the last event was the inverse of that. lol lilith was some hot stuff, meanwhile i wasnt able to sell slice and blast for days, and when i did the price was unbelievably low (110 ac) compared to what i put into the event (~170 ac....)

its like a pendulum's rhythm, back and forth.

i doubt they will ever release a good L with a good event rare again because thatd just be tooo generous lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 10th 2013, 2:07 pm

I got way more gatekeepers last tower and i struggled for top 10. Not many gatekeepers this time and i'm cruising along. The difference maker? Anomalies.

Anomalies. Period. I don't regret the two day groudnhog day anomally loop i was stuck in now. Anomalies + good mind erasers > gatekeepers and the nexus
Back to top Go down
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 10th 2013, 2:09 pm

well not everybody has the insane 50% capture rate with their mind erasers that you seem to have lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 10th 2013, 2:13 pm

seriously. I have caught 1 boss and maybe 3 anomalies. I want aces RNG haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 10th 2013, 2:14 pm

Honestly that 50% could even be low dude lol it has been crazy. I'm still sitting on all my be and most of my ps to go code blue when the 50% hits lol

Thats when i'm going to see what I can hit. I got 15mil last time and i used way more res last time but i already have more ally points than the whole duration of the last tower lol

The sun is def shining lol
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   September 10th 2013, 2:16 pm

I have 34 tower bosses now and anomalies forget it i stopped marking down at 103
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal   

Back to top Go down

Tower Event - Double Gun Commando Lethal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next