The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PVP Strategy discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: PVP Strategy discussion   September 11th 2013, 11:03 pm

I though about putting this into the PVP strategy thread, but it's not really a strategy, just some investigation into the different efficiencies of the strategies that I thought might generate some discussion.....

So we are all pretty sure that running a 30 streak over and over while maybe stalling sometimes to generate a point boost is the most efficient way to you your mags and doing battles 28, 29, 30 over and over gets you more points per battle, but chews through your mags. I was bored at work (and of tower) and decided to actually work it out...

Running a 30 streak VS Winning 28, 29, Lose 30, Win Rival battle

Assumptions:
-You never lose unintentionally....
-No matches are thrown while doing the 30 streak
-Each battle in the first Set of 3 is worth 1k
-The battles of each Set of 3 are worth 1k more than the previous Set of 3 so that the battles in the 10th (final set) of 3 are worth 10k

30 Streak (no point boost)
Cost: 30 mags - 15 mags streak rewards = 15 mags
Battles: 30
Points per mag: 11k
Points per battle: 5.5k

Winning 28, 29, Lose 30, Win Rival battle (no point boost)
Cost: 4 mags
Points per mag: 7.5
Points per battle: 7.5k

So, what if we put Point Boosts into the mix? When the point boost increases frequency, I find that I am pretty lucky and I do pretty much all of my battles under the point boost. If you make that assumption, it doesn't affect the results. However, before the point boost increase, my estimation is that I get one point boost per 30 streak. So, what does that do to the results?
Let's assume you can get 12 battles done in a point boost (mainly because you can if you get lucky and it is divisible by 3 and 4). Worst case scenario is that your first 12 battles have the point boost while the best case scenario is that your last 12 battles are under point boost. Now I can't remember what the point boost multiplier is but when I see the value I always thing that it doesn't match up to reality so I am going to use a value of 2.

30 Streak (first 12 battles point boost)
Cost: 15 mags
Points per mag: 13k
Points per battle: 6.5k

30 Streak (last 12 battles point boost)
Cost: 15 mags
Points per mag: 17.8k
Points per battle: 8.9k

Winning 28, 29, Lose 30, Win Rival battle (3 sets point boost for every 9 sets of battles done)
Cost: 36 mags
Battles: 36
Points per mag: 10k
Points per battle: 10k

Comparing all of this to reality, from memory, I think on non point boost increase, I get around an average of 10 k per battle (might be more or less depending on my luck with point boosts), but I tend to use a combination of the strategies. So I don't think the numbers I am using are too far off for the way I experience PVP.

Feel free to make suggestions, tell me I am wrong, whatever....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   September 12th 2013, 1:17 pm

Sounds OK. I keep my win streak at 27. I try to only use ammo on point boost...Ammo regens at 1/15mins. PVP battles expire after 10 mins. So, I usually let timer expire after win 29, but during point boost I intentionally lose #28 (or 29, depending on #28 point value) to maximize number of battles possible before point boost expires...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   September 12th 2013, 1:30 pm

I am a firm believer in running the kill streaks 1-30 and resetting. It means you have to play more, but it also means you spend drastically less resources (like, 75% less).

I try to push super hard the first day, before group battles start to get as high as I possibly can, ballpark of 300-350 wins. Then I just run normal for the rest of the event streaks 1-30 like normal. I usually don't lose, and shoot for 150-250 wins a day, which is typically pretty easy. Since half of those wins are free, I use between 75-125 mags a day, and that can get me guaranteed 1 lethal, but usually 2.

I try to have at least 600 mags when I go into the competition, so I only have to use ac the last few days, and usually only like 40 or so.

I don't think I could have the resources to play just streak 27 for a whole event. I know the points are easier and it's faster because I have tried it, but except for when I was playing on an alt account (and the third battle I could play just a leader and get like 2250 xp for the loss to rush levels) it just wasn't worth throwing the last fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   September 12th 2013, 1:35 pm

I can get to top 50, easily by only spending 10-12 AC/day...BUT, ideally, need to play every 15mins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   September 12th 2013, 2:09 pm

Yeah I'm talking about top 10 or 25 at least. I don't usually try and play every 15 minutes, I let me ammo fill all the way up, or even go a couple hours. It is much easier for me to balance the play time needed for a lethal if I don't chain myself to my phone to cheap my way to the rewards. If you notice the above calcs don't include natural regen at all. I usually try and play in chunks, a couple hours at a time and just use res instead of never being able to get off my phone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   September 12th 2013, 6:55 pm

I didn't mention regen because it doesn't affect things I don't think. All I am trying to look at is the efficiencies of spending the ammo, so whether or not that ammo came from regen, a mag or an AC doesn't matter as far as I can see.

I had forgotten about the timer expire strategy. That strategy would come out pretty close efficiency wise for mag usage compared to running 30 streaks. It has time issues though, in that you have to play every 30 mins which isn't viable for me and would not be doable if you are going for an L due to the large amount of wait time.

From my limited experience there is a massive difference between getting rank 50 and getting an L. I can quite easily play every 45 mins and spend mags on point boosts with a small push at the end. That will gain me 100 mags across the event and I will come out with around 4.5 million points at rank ~50. If last PVP is the beginning of a new trend, you will need 4 X that amount to get an L.

Just do the maths on the number of battles. If you get lucky and can do on average 1 battle per minute, then to get the 150 - 250 wins a day, you are up for around 3 - 4 hours played a day...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   September 12th 2013, 7:01 pm

last pvp top 10 was 30 million pts. But I think that was high. That was because the first few days of the event everyone thought birdkeeper shield was pre battle and he was going to be god tier. the last day top 10 didn't even put points on the board haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   September 12th 2013, 7:39 pm

The other thing that probably happened with top 25 was that the event rare was worthless so there was no consolation prize if you missed the L cut off. I was 2 mill clear of 26th at the start of the last day, put on 4 mill that last day and finished a touch under 1 mill off 26th. The top 25 cutoff was double what it was for the previous event...

Hopefully the next PVP L is useless and the R is good so I can farm, make some cans off the Rs and see what happens with the points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   September 12th 2013, 7:41 pm

I'm hoping the next pvp L is excellent, because pvp is my favorite event, and I can not spend any cans and still get 1 lethal haha

And honestly, with how they have been doing lethals--

2 healers

2 shielders

The next lethal with probably have a mimic of the atk def buff

Last edited by mamoncrief on September 12th 2013, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   September 12th 2013, 7:42 pm

^^ i'm hoping for the same as it seems like they have been alternating good L bad event rare, bad lethal good event rare etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   September 12th 2013, 8:00 pm

I don't think I have the mags to do an L run. I have been super slack at farming.

If it is another attack, def buff it will most likely be the same stupidity as last PVP.

@aces: What are the points doing this Tower compared to last tower to get an L?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PVP Strategy discussion   

Back to top Go down

PVP Strategy discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1