The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

To NioBE or not to NioBE?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 23rd 2013, 3:09 pm

What would you suggest to a relative new player? Should i keep my 4 Niobes, buy 4 more and potentially raise it to OPE Niobe or sell it and save res for better ones?
As far as i feel it, Niobe is going to be good only for PvP second liner. So not so big boost for my mostly agi based team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 23rd 2013, 3:14 pm

First I thought about buying 7 more of them, knowing I was only going to have 1 .. Now that I have this 1 Niobe, I feel like I'm just going to sell it. It's not pre-battle, and when he buffs, he no longer attacks. I think I just overrated the merc, good thing is that he can buff multiple times but that's only usefull in ATK Raid squads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 23rd 2013, 3:24 pm

True, true and true. But i think she could be great in raid too... if her buff can stack. then there sure could be some crazy damage output right at her fingertips. But for an agi-team i dont see her benefit... ah, im a relatively new player too, so perhaps wait for some of the pros answer too Razz maybe im missing a link or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 23rd 2013, 5:25 pm

I'm prety sure they'll say the same .. It's a great merc because of the high WIS buff, but it only has 40% proc rate and prevents you from attacking with that merc one round because it's no Pre-battle. I think it's only good for Raid where it can keep buffing up some Incinerates v2 or something similar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 23rd 2013, 5:32 pm

It could potentially buff ur entire PvP team within 2 turns with 14k atk and def if that's worth anything
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nume78
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 24th 2013, 6:07 am

Fresh-Fil-A wrote:
First I thought about buying 7 more of them, knowing I was only going to have 1 .. Now that I have this 1 Niobe, I feel like I'm just going to sell it. It's not pre-battle, and when he buffs, he no longer attacks. I think I just overrated the merc, good thing is that he can buff multiple times but that's only usefull in ATK Raid squads.
really helpful thx for the good analysis ^^ i will sell my 4 too as i run an AGi team in Raid ... lvling them to 70 and will put them for 6/7 depends if she drops fast til tonight (noon in france)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 24th 2013, 12:02 pm

paintballer58 wrote:
It could potentially buff ur entire PvP team within 2 turns with 14k atk and def if that's worth anything
You don't really think even if I would POPE a Niobe, it would be able to survive 2 rounds against Lethal squads .. ?
In PvP it's useless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 24th 2013, 1:04 pm

Just throwing out my 2 cents, since it directly disagree's with fresh, so the full story can be heard in case someone stops by looking for answers to their own niobe questions.

As far as events go -
Tower: pretty useless, by the time she buffs your team will be dead.

Raid: Could be useful, if she procs every turn, the buffs stack, and they are all on the same merc who happens to be incinerate; beyond that scenario not very useful. Raid is all about full party buffs, which is why attack squads are currently underpowered in raid, because that is the only stat in game without an all party buff.

PvP: Do not underestimate the importance of back row mercs. 3rd battles, which incorporate the rear line, are the least predictable proc wise. Rarely will you get the procs you need, ESPECIALLY pre battle buffs. However, this last pvp competition I ran Rail-Gun Rider in my back row, over even a few lethal options. Having him come off the back row and proc protections won me many battles. I will be running a Niobe with POPE wisdom in my back row next competition in his place, because she will be well worth the spot. The buff is huge, and if it procs on a merc who is already let's say blue buffed or mordeo buffed, it will take the damage they take down to pretty much 0.

She will be a tide-of-battle-changing back row pvp merc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 24th 2013, 1:13 pm

^ just run your leader in back row with nothing else...that's what I do and my battles 21-30 have been easy. I think it factors in back row stats when matchmaking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrpug
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 24th 2013, 2:23 pm

Her usefulness in raid is the big question. By my estimate, I think she'll turn out to be the best buffer in raid but you'll need a very specific lineup to fully utilize her (also, it needs to be verified if her buffs stack or not). If so, I think we'll see her value go up fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 24th 2013, 4:52 pm

As the price for them is pretty sweet on the X ill throw in my 5 lvl 70 Niobeees for...lets see..... a few na'lacs? Very Happy or perhaps someone out there is unhappy with his canis and odins??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 25th 2013, 9:26 am

KoRnSteiner wrote:
As the price for them is pretty sweet on the X ill throw in my 5 lvl 70 Niobeees for...lets see..... a few na'lacs? :Dor perhaps someone out there is unhappy with his canis and odins??
This decision won with me and im already few ACs and PEs richer Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trob1831
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 25th 2013, 7:23 pm

so i will confirm that niobe's stack. i was leveling using upside down v with niobe1 niobe2 blue bot niobe 3 niobe 4. niobe 3 was already buffed by another one or herself then attacked front/middle (not for sure which one) row with 2.1K then got buffed two more times and attacked the back row with 5+K
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrpug
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 25th 2013, 7:25 pm

amazing news Smile now begins the experimentation to abuse her in raid... study 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 25th 2013, 7:33 pm

good to know. I had a couple times where niobes got double buffed but I noticed no difference DEFENSIVELY (the damage dealt single and double buffed was practically the same) so I was about to declare that the buffs don't stack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   September 25th 2013, 7:38 pm

would it then make more sense to keep 2 E*3 rather then 1 R*4?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   October 14th 2013, 4:22 pm

Reviving this, it appears Niobe's are becoming more valuable. Price went from ~6ac pre-balancing to 15ac now.

I'm loving my ope niobe in tower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozziev
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   October 14th 2013, 6:26 pm

I agree I love my pope niobe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To NioBE or not to NioBE?   

Back to top Go down

To NioBE or not to NioBE?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatal Frontier Forum :: Fatal Frontier :: General Q&A-
Jump to: