The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 7:44 pm

Hey guys,

So the game has changed, and with it we need to do some massive updates to these lists. I just wanted to start that conversation, so we could work out where the changes put all our ex-favorite mercs!

Let's try and be OBJECTIVE here. These lists are supposed to help people establish how to build their squad, as well as decide everything from how much res to pay for a merc to whether a trade is good or bad. Just cause I'm a nice guy and want to help you out, here are a list of mercs (note- I am only going to list ones that were ranked on the tier list to begin with, as the others don't matter) that were altered in this process:

Big Rig
Mista-Fista
Nocturnal Telepath
Swift Nox
Bullet Betty
Gormandizer
Hellcat
Katie Kong
Jackson Omega
CXB-2000U and A
Hanzo

Your friendly neighborhood wiki helper.

http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Squadmates

A few specific questions I'd like answered-

Even with the nerfs, is the blue bot still a top tier merc? What about Black bot?

Does the damage nerf actually effect Betty, Gormandizer, Katie, and Hellcat enough to warrant lowering them on the list?

Where does Fista end up now that both of his skills have been extremely reduced (75% less buff, 45% less skill damage.)

What about Hanzo- he was incredibly hard merc to place before because he was a love him or hate him kind of merc. Now he is even harder that relentless isn't a guaranteed ohko. What do we do with him?

Last edited by mamoncrief on October 19th 2013, 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 7:49 pm

What the f........????

Actually looks pretty solid lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/FranksFight
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 7:51 pm

Idk if I agree with commando being "excellent" he's a strong stand alone merc that can self buff and does 2 random very heavy hits which is all useful but he fails as a support merc in my eyes. I haven't seen one used that way yet, he always seems to require a support merc of his own
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 7:51 pm

O_o double gun commando that high? I'm fine with it but I think this gonn' get a lil messy lol
Back to top Go down
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 7:58 pm

Artemis and BioBird are my only ones I would disagree with as far as Ls tier. Very good tier list
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 8:41 pm

guys if u wanna complain mamon u need to volunteer the fatal wiki update Very Happy  how's that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 8:57 pm

crickets chirping & radio silence ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 8:58 pm

Who's complaining? ...... too many chiefs and not enough Indians
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 9:00 pm

Yeah just close this as no one can give input unless they want to do it. Unless the he asks for suggestions on some tweaks.......oh wait

lol
Back to top Go down
edluv1
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 10:12 pm

Awesome!

...but I agree with frank and art on those same mercs. I also think there should be a category below average labeled "poo" for wild child down. Vibriss and Santa are much better than Shimma and Doug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 11:33 pm

Haha thanks for the imput guys! The wiki is open forum, you don't have to create a profile there to post on the discussion, so don't feel like because I threw that up there that I am some authority on this game in all aspects. I'm just a noob with a desire to help other noobs Smile If this get's people to the wiki, and then the wiki helps them, my job here is done! So from now on, when there are arguments about this merc is better than that one, let's point people here!

So what are the suggestions so far?

Move bird and artemis down? I disagree with those, bird saved me a ton this last pvp against all those annoying nuke teams, and artemis buff is poopoo, but the attack has a lot of potential on it. Chaplain has been pleased with her, and from what I have seen she has been awesome in his squad.

But If I get enough nay votes I'll bump em down.

As far as the location of vibriss and Santa, they are that low because Vibriss doesn't have enough wis for his debuff to matter, and his skill is a cluster hit. Santa is that low because he is outclassed in every way by a golem, so I can't really suggest him as more than an average lethal. Just remember that there is no such thing as a bad lethal, so just because something is "average" doesn't mean it isn't viable! That's why I made a separate tier list for lethals, so none of them got discounted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 11:40 pm

Nothing wrong with being bumped a little cause golem is better lol

Golem is better than a LOT of mercs Smile

And i know you werent arguing to the contrary mamon
Back to top Go down
edluv1
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 11:43 pm

I wasn't disagreeing with the placement of Santa and vibriss, I was arguing that Doug, shimma, and frailpool are below average.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 11:46 pm

I tend to agree with you. I don't see a viable squad using any of them, but who knows, they are still lethals haha. I could always create a catagory that is called "Sell on Exchange immediately and pray you get what you paid for them"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 11:51 pm

Santa sits in a very nice spot on my squad and is a huge help with his buff, decent clust attack and decent agi

There are some who can tend to find a decent spot anywhere
Back to top Go down
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 11:52 pm

I mean some you cant find a decent spot for
Back to top Go down
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 11:53 pm

Mac should be 1st in the Good List.
Both his skills are killers without buffs. 300% and 400% Modifier.
Has high AGI for PvP so it makes a Bad ASS L for PvP.

In Raid the v1 was hitting for 250k and with buff for 300k x3 plus Infection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 11:53 pm

I recommend Shimma be moved to GODLY tier. If you put her in the middle of a ^ formation with two golems on each side of her and two Tigreys on each side of them, and everything procs (i.e. she gets 2x Tigrey-buffed Golem buffs) AND both of her attack procs fire on the same turn, you can potentially kill 4 foes! How sexy is that!?!?!

Update: oops, almost forgot, you she needs 2x Blue bot agi buffs too so she doesn't move dead last with her 9k agility. But THEN she's godly!

Last edited by legendslayer on September 26th 2013, 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aceslifebegins
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 11:56 pm

^^ lmao
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 26th 2013, 11:57 pm

I think, that is there was tier above God tier, I would put Shima there. But since there isn't I imagine I will just leave him where he is Smile

I won't move mac up, because every time I have fought one they have been laughingly weak. I went out of my way this last pvp to fight one every chance I got, since I had 3 of them in my regular rotation. I lost to EVE more than I lost to Mac. I will leave him where he is, because like I said, some people love him others hate him, but there just isn't enough information to make a real educated decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 27th 2013, 12:07 am

We know that Daddylong Guns is a AGI version of Mac.
We know Mac's skills have better Modifiers.

I like Mac. Smile
And u hate Mac. Lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 27th 2013, 1:20 am

I've seen these mercs before on the wiki, and once saw the Jawbreaker in somebodys inventory.
But are these actually mercs .. ?

- Andromeda
- Jawbreaker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 27th 2013, 2:03 am

Andromeda and jawbreaker are in the game code. But not available.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them either
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 27th 2013, 2:04 am

Andromeda would be bad-ass first Lethal. ;p
Mods, give me one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 27th 2013, 10:23 am

Mac Ragged is a bad ass. I would take him over many of the Ls in game. I think again if we look at just numbers and not experiences then Mac adds up to being way better then a lot of the Ls. His counter kills anything and the 3 shot usually does too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 27th 2013, 2:47 pm

Totally a bad ass, I agree. I don't feel like there is any point placing a merc no one can get on a tier list Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArgentSix
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   September 30th 2013, 9:53 pm

This was a very helpful read. Thanks for putting it together!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mmllaneza
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   October 1st 2013, 5:34 am

Good one...but mac ragged should be on the top lethal tier...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   October 1st 2013, 11:23 am

already posted why I won't place old pact mercs on the tier list. Also, is Mac better than fista? not a chance in hell. Is he more usefull than hellcat or Noc? Nope. If he had 2 offensive skills, ok, or an offensive skill and a buff, but his defense gets wasted by nukes/ohko's too often to be a factor.

I understand that the people who have him WANT him ranked high. But I am basing this tier list off of 2 things: 1. how much I fear running into that merc in pvp. 2. The overall kit of the merc as it plays out in the current metagame.

The answer to 1 is not at all, when see teams with Mac I know I won because I will OHKO the whole team before Mac gets a shot.

The answer to 2 is poorly. This game is all about nukes in pvp and ohko teams on high players squads. Mac is a great lethal, one of the better ones, but arbitrarily saying he deserves to be at the top, just because you own him and want to attempt to validate your attempts to trade him for a fista v2/hellcat isn't the purpose of this list. Also, I've seen that Mac v2 up for a hellcat for weeks in the X. If he was as useful as you say, someone would have taken it by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   October 19th 2013, 1:58 am

gonna give this a necro bump for more conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trob1831
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   October 19th 2013, 2:13 am

cxb bots are way too high now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   October 19th 2013, 2:17 am

Didn't relentless assault go from 300% per hit to 175% per hit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   October 19th 2013, 2:18 am

yup. so just barely more than half of the damage it used to deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   October 19th 2013, 7:42 pm

The blue bots are still giving the first strike advantage but blue wasp can do the same thing. 4 of my 5 mercs are 15k+ agi and blue bot teams are still going before me if they have even 12k agi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   October 19th 2013, 7:43 pm

Yeah I'm kinda peeved about that. They nerfed blue bot, but i am still finding that he is a must run for PvP to get first strike. Annoying. I was hoping the nerf would take him out of the equation so we could get back to running a real 5 formation, not a 4 formation with a gimpy bot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   October 19th 2013, 8:37 pm

So really its down to how to get the best agi buff ... like its always been haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   October 19th 2013, 9:25 pm

Which is still understandable, people payed for this .. If it was completely useless it would be stealing basically. ( even with their shitty rule acception list ) Might still hold on to my 9752, just for fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!   

Back to top Go down

Moncrief's Totally Subjective Tier List!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1