The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sticky for market value of mercs and res

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:08 pm

could a mod make a new sticky with market value of res and mercs? It could be updated daily/weekly/by event/etc.

I think it would be helpful for people looking to buy/sell/trade Very Happy

cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozziev
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:13 pm

I love that idea ~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:15 pm

Agreed +1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:26 pm

Problem is that especially recently the market has been in such an incredible state of flux.

Take the new lethal for instance, he isn't worth as much as they last 2? Why not? Well I have no clue. If you look at him objectively he is an ATK based Hanzo with the only all-atk buff in the game. But when he was released, everyone looked at him and went meh, and so now his price is even less than hanzo's. But then there is mindflayer, who other than a couple nifty tricks is just a spruced up titanfist, and you couldn't trade your first born child dipped in gold for one.

There is too much subjectivity going on in the market right now to make a list of "Fair Market" prices. At this moment, all i can say is that if someone will pay it, and accept that amount for it, then it is fair. And if they won't then it's not.

The one thing I can say is that for mercs that have always held a pretty stable value- ie hanzo at 300 ac, I would add about 20% to that price if you are thinking in terms of pure resources. Maybe a little more in some cases, as prices in general have gone up across the board, and much much fewer pure resource trades are being made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:28 pm

it would still be nice to at least know what res values are based on events and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:32 pm

I agree it would be nice.... I just don't know how we could do it in any sort of objective way. I'll wrack my brain, but I think it would end up being way more confusing than helpful.

You always can just make a post saying "What is _______ worth?" and get all the myraid opinions there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:34 pm

OK, what's current market value of AC vs. PS vs. BE?

P.S. check your PM mamon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:51 pm

heh I don't know, someone just gave me a BE for my crndl dual gunner v1.

Traditionally it has been

AC:PS 2:3
AC:BE 3:2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eros1986
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:54 pm

Mamon, really?? I've always taken

AC:PS 1:1
BE:AC/PS 2:1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:57 pm

You can get that, see that is why this is such a hard thing to talk about, everyone has different rates that they have gotten. Some are accurate, some were flukes when people needed the resources and took it because they had to.

As far as large quantities of resources go, this about accurate. Give or take whatever someone will give you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eros1986
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 5:57 pm

But yes, to get a general idea of the market value of mercs could be pretty cool and really helpful for the newer players. Could save them from making the kinda mistakes we made when we started trading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 6:00 pm

According to the mobacoin values, you are right on eros. but they give out ps and be for free, and AC are used in more events. so the actual value in game is slightly altered by demand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eros1986
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 6:04 pm

That does make sense. I guess eventually while trading it just comes down to who needs what more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eros1986
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 6:08 pm

Okay, so just to get an idea, with the current market trends

Double Gun Commando v2 - 350 - 400 res
Hanzo v2 - 300 - 350 res
Daddy Long Guns - 220 - 260 res
Titanfist v2 - 180 - 200 res

would I be in the right ballpark?

Guys, please feel free to weigh in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eros1986
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 6:13 pm

I write res, because I've noticed usually an all ammo trade would get you the lower side of the range and a PS and BE trade could get you the higher end. Hence showing the disparity Mamon was pointing out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 6:25 pm

Also, I already disagree because I don't know anyone who would sell a titanfist for 180 any more. While I just sold one for 250 ac and the buyer felt like he was getting a pretty solid deal. and I certainly wasn't taking advantage of the fellow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eros1986
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 6:29 pm

Really? I couldn't sell mine for 180 ac, finally sold it for 200 res, that is ps and be.
What about the other mercs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 6:34 pm

I'm with Mamon on this. No offense to anyone but I hate the idea of a price repository.

The last game like this that I played was Marvel War of Heroes. There was a pricing blog moderated and updated by one person (jeenx - guide is here if you're interested http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59268/t1793508-jeenx-pro-trading-guide-all-card-values-listed-for-reference-final-update-farewell-all-good-luck/) who for all intents and purposes was incredibly unbiased and put a ton of time and effort into it.

The problem was that people started paying more attention to the published prices than the utility of the mercs. It was great for noobs so they didn't get ripped off but beyond that it destroyed the market.

Additionally, this game has significantly more options for running different set ups that make sense. My thought is that the prices would need to cover such a range and have explanations that it would be extremely difficult for it to be useful.

Just my $0.02
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 6:42 pm

It would be the highest debated thread ever. Just from what I see posted in exchange now people have drastically different ideas as to what their merc are worth....also I definately agree about titanfist being worth a lot more then 180. Titanfist may be one of the most underrated Ls in the game as far as how cheap I've seen people drop him. I wouldn't accept less then 250 Res for either of mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 6:49 pm

Who you sell it to, personal opinion of the merc, and how badly the buyer want it all factor in. I overpaid for odin because I wanted it, and that is what it took. I was ok with it, because I got a merc I wanted at what I still thought was a good value, even though it would be "high" by market standards. But many people have paid more or less than me.

That is why i wanted to stay away from even the idea of establishing something like this. It is much better for the whole community to focus on one merc at a time, argue out the pros and cons, and give both sides of the argument. There are a number of mercs i wouldnt pay half of what the "market" rate is because that "market" rate has no basis on the actual useful value of the merc. Then there are others like titanfist where the "market" rate is low despite it being one of the most useful all around mercs out there. huge damage, super fast, and sold on a dime because of a 100% modifier on its skills. I'll take it over 75% of the other lethals though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArgentSix
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 7:15 pm

mamoncrief wrote:
I agree it would be nice.... I just don't know how we could do it in any sort of objective way. I'll wrack my brain, but I think it would end up being way more confusing than helpful.

You always can just make a post saying "What is _______ worth?" and get all the myraid opinions there.
Perhaps instead of making a list with specific values attached to them, we make some groups of "Trading Tiers" that would give people an idea of where things roughly stand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 7:29 pm

A tier list already exists on the wiki, if you are wondering what your guy is worth you could aways get a pretty decent idea by looking at it's position on that list comparable to what you are trying to pick up for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 8:41 pm

Lilith alone had what 5 pages of debate. It would be a mess doing anything other then the tier list we already have in place. Its not a bad idea at all just not very realistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 8:44 pm

Yup. And imagine how incredibly pissed everyone would be if I did the market value list haha.

because I am a shrewd emotionless realist when it comes to market values, and I would make people cry when I rated a POPE lilith at around 65 AC Smile

However, I have also called just about every final price so far in the game, the ones that started low and got high, and the ones I waited around on and saved tons of res after the initial rush died down.

It's why I am where I am, price master Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArgentSix
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   October 7th 2013, 9:01 pm

mamoncrief wrote:
A tier list already exists on the wiki, if you are wondering what your guy is worth you could aways get a pretty decent idea by looking at it's position on that list comparable to what you are trying to pick up for it.
That was kind of my point, hence the quotes around the tiers. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sticky for market value of mercs and res   

Back to top Go down

Sticky for market value of mercs and res
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1