The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

FFF - best game - how?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ideaman
Common
Common

PostSubject: FFF - best game - how?   October 11th 2013, 1:07 pm

hi everyone.
i have been playing FF for months and have been reading FF Forum actively.
I realised that several big names are retiring / retired from FF, mainly due to burn out / not time.
To be in the top league, u must invest both time and money. want an L, play full time (take leave from work et ) for 7days event and sleep less (resulting in burn out).
some suggested shorter time but burn out is still possible as the event still run 24 hrs a day.

Personally, i think the event could be make interesting if we could cap the game to say 18 hrs a day. Players get to choose its own 6hrs block on no game time. this no game time could be use to go to work, sleep or settle other important task without worrying for bring left out of the game event.

The event could still run 7 days but the burn out problem would have been resolved. Also people wih regular jobs could finally have a chance to run for L.

Like to know what the rest think.

thank u for your time in reading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FFF - best game - how?   October 11th 2013, 1:55 pm

They won't do it. It would require a lot of programming to add a mandatory 6 hr at your choice no play time slot. Just the interface alone would be a whole new section of the game to choose your time. Then there would be issues with people not being able to log back in cause their time slot is crewed up or they picked the wrong one and etc.... it still doesn't take money to win an L if you save Res and many guys in top 25 are doing it as full time student / employee.... mamoncrief works, spends time with his wife at night, and still wins Ls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: FFF - best game - how?   October 11th 2013, 2:29 pm

And then you have to consider that we have, for example, Belgian players and players from the USA. Entirely different timezones. Shutting down an event isn't the solution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FFF - best game - how?   October 11th 2013, 2:40 pm

FF is the best game because as a free to player you have a shot of actually being competitive.

Yes it takes time, and effort. But as I have stated multiple times, I have never played a microtransaction game where you were not FORCED to drop tons of money at one point or another to be competitive.

It might not be feasible for you, you may have work or other responsibilities, but as far as placing a limit on the time people play, you have to remember at the end of the day the devs have to make money. They do that by people spending money to play more Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: FFF - best game - how?   October 12th 2013, 1:10 am

I must disagree with the amount of time you have said it takes to win L as well. I work a full time job in a garage (around 60 hrs. per week). I still play in events around 6 hours a day during week, but do kick it up on weekends to around 12 to 14 hrs per day. Last raid I placed 9th for my first double L but have several single Ls before. Other than PvP, its your allies as much as time that earns you the L.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFF - best game - how?   

Back to top Go down

FFF - best game - how?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1