The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Elements: Broken Lands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrpug
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Elements: Broken Lands   October 11th 2013, 9:37 pm

Though it does have referral codes... mine is:

H4-62T

I actually don't care if anyone uses my referral code but am sincerely interested in getting some FF allies to this game. The game is a different mold than typical mobage/gree style card games, rates seem fair, and as a new game to the scene, seems to have big potential.  Enjoying it a lot and hope some of you guys check it out and ally with me there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Elements: Broken Lands   October 11th 2013, 9:44 pm

Perhaps you could give a short run down on the genre/features for those of us that might be interested in it? I'll check it out tonight, but I'm a really hard sell for new games (Gi Joe and Transformers both bored me fast)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrpug
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Elements: Broken Lands   October 11th 2013, 10:00 pm

The game consists of monster cards, divided into four elements (fire, air, water, earth) of different rarities. Fire > Air > Water > Earth > Fire. You can combine cards to make stronger varieties but cards do not level up. Instead, you can insert equipment and orbs cards into monster cards to increase their stats and give them different types of skills. You can purchase basic or premium card packs in the store but thus far I have felt no need to spend.

Battle are up to 5on5, but the difference is your monsters fight 1on1 until one dies, then the next one comes in. The game modes thus far include PvE (roaming around a map, completing sets of mobs), and a PvP ladder that is continuous. It seems you can PvP as much as you want (no stamina  limit) and it has its own level system. The trade system is very extensive and I've been mostly trading to get my team stronger. I should stress that I think the market isn't balanced yet (and in the player's favor), so that I'm trading very quickly my way to the top. My guess is this will change in the future.

The game isn't hugely different from card games out there, but somehow it has a much stronger Magic: The Gathering feel to it, coming from a new independent studio out of Austin. Most mobage games or Gree games run the same engine borrowed from Japanese developers. Right now the game is in its basic stages, with no events yet, so I'm interested to see how the complexity develops in the upcoming months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Elements: Broken Lands   October 12th 2013, 8:50 am

Looks semi-interesting. I joined and put your referral code in. If anyone wants to refer me, my code is:

K5-HWA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrpug
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Elements: Broken Lands   October 12th 2013, 11:20 am

I'll just refer you back. Their market still needs balancing; you can consistently get value for packs back. You can keep buying packs, selling the contents, and making a profit. It's still a slog to get the equivalent of a Lethal there, but I'm close to my first one now in a week of trading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orzhov
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Elements: Broken Lands   November 4th 2013, 2:34 pm

Gonna try this game out.

Referral code: 89-B9N
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Elements: Broken Lands   November 4th 2013, 3:01 pm

tried it, but got bored really quick. It takes forever to build up a reasonable team, as well as a considerable amount of luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elements: Broken Lands   

Back to top Go down

Elements: Broken Lands
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1