The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Should I change lanes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atg729
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Should I change lanes?    October 12th 2013, 3:28 am

I have always been running agi on ff. I still have 2 lilith, archangel, gyro, 2 switchblade vultures and a blue wasp(don't wanna mention cxb/rig as it's still too raw to talk abt them). Most are ope.

Should I start building an att or wis squad now that agi is so last year? I have two bionic tele and xiao (pitiful I know... Sold my eve and particle for archangel) as my wis guys. And cannonback, Canis, ultramut, giga prim and niobe for att.
I m definitely making this tower event rare and event boss ope.

Pls help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 12th 2013, 3:37 am

Fast attack mercs will now be overall more competitive than agility teams, which STILL in many cases need to run a wasp or neutered blue bot to be effective.

Without the buff, 99% of agility hitters weren't OHKO's, which means that even if you get first attack with a good agility team, and even get some decent procs, if the other team is running a cannonback you are going to get one shotted.

Which means agility teams are effectively losing 1 ally spot to run bot that is going to for all intents and purposes be dead weight just as often as it is needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 12th 2013, 7:48 am

No idea about top tier but won't squads like blue bot + 4 x new event rare still go first and oneshot almost anything? I am so confused now, just got started and still in the process of deciding which route to go. Only good mercs i have are a 400 crystal evangelist and a 10934 blue bot.
Somehow i still tend to try to build an agi team (want to build one of the event rares and have a 200 crystal buzzard already, then see if i could trade my evangelist for another solid agi fam) which i thought would be a solid start, but now i am just not sure anymore if agi is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 12th 2013, 8:16 am

As it stands right now, the Blue bot is not the best AGI/Def buffer for your whole team. That is now the Blue wasp which would buff your team's agi/def by around 3500 compared to the blue bot's 2700.

The only way to know what works in reality is to experiment.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daltigoth
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 12th 2013, 9:17 am

Best agi/def buffer or not the blue wasp is like getting a hot dog served to you after the waiter tells you the filet mignon will now be used as a paper weight.

Nice job to the tool trying to sell wasps on xchange for 75+ac. Way to gouge the market. Dick.

/vent over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markmolina777
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 12th 2013, 8:15 pm

i have mine up for 40 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 12th 2013, 9:45 pm

I'm not the one flogging blue wasps off for silly prices. Right now I own none.

I have said in other threads I have bits to make them but they take me days to make. In the past I have built them and given them away for free.

In the end if you are heavily invested in an AGI squad, you may as well give a wasp a shot to see how it goes. I will build one and try one and see what happens...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 12th 2013, 10:01 pm

Daltigoth wrote:
Best agi/def buffer or not the blue wasp is like getting a hot dog served to you after the waiter tells you the filet mignon will now be used as a paper weight.

Nice job to the tool trying to sell wasps on xchange for 75+ac. Way to gouge the market. Dick.

/vent over.
I'm not sure why but I laughed hard at this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atg729
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 12th 2013, 10:58 pm

I got a 15.9 k wis Burnfrost for cxb u. Very happy abt it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 13th 2013, 4:32 pm

You mean I can get back at the guys that were charging 100 - 150 for their CXB's by selling off my 8K Blue Wasps for 40 - 80 since the market has turned upside down?

Cool - I've got several Blue Wasps ... Any takers for reasonable prices?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 13th 2013, 4:43 pm

Just got a lvl'd colossus v1 for my cxb (9752). Not very happy about it but at least it's got more utility at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atg729
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 13th 2013, 11:22 pm

Got another burnfrost v2 16.3k for my other cxb u. Can't believe it!!
Now even if they reverse the nerf I won't be sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 13th 2013, 11:36 pm

What are you planning on doing with them? Are they for PVP or raid?

Don't get me wrong, Burnfrost is my favourite merc, I just find that her hp is a bit low. Televangelist just seems to be a bit more hardy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 13th 2013, 11:58 pm

Thanks for offering to sell that PE blue wasp I gave you for free at a huge price mark up Hep haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 14th 2013, 12:09 am

@mamoncrief: He has gotten 2 out of me (one was part of a trade but let's just say the trade was not at all in my favour) Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atg729
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 14th 2013, 1:52 am

I have two televangelist too. U r right abt bf's hp. I haven't decided her utility in pvp as of now. In raid she is definitely one of the best options specially if buffed by tigrey.

Anyway two bf trumps two neutered cxb u anyday.
In three days my team's lineup has turned from total agi to wis team!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 14th 2013, 2:52 am

Good one guys! So, if the trades are always in your favor, why would I continue trading with you?

Trading is always a balancing act. Some are good for me, some are less favorable for me and build good will with my trading partners (e.g. the wasps referenced above), and others are just a bad deal looking for a sucker that anyone should run away from.

Examples of the last type are the jokes I've been posting about the Wasps. Sometimes poking fun at those grousing about how the "rebalancing" isn't fair is the only way to bring sanity back to the forum.

I don't think anyone is ever going to pay more than a few res for the Wasps, but I'll certainly throw a few up on the X and see if anyone bites at 20, or 10, or even 5 res. As someone with something like 7 or 8 Wasps, why not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    October 14th 2013, 10:20 am

Hey, I didn't mean to nuke the discussion. So, let me try to restart the thread.

AGI will still rule for PVP since if you hit 1st & can cripple your opponent you will likely win. Just remember that the back row for full squad battles doesn't have to be fast as they are your cleanup crew.

Also, I feel that the "AGI throttling" has overshot the reasonable threshold and instead of 25% it's going to go back up to 50% after the event. So if you want a Blue Bot, now is the time to act while many holders of them have been jumping ship.

I think having a good blend of solid mercs across all three disciplines is the best path. Having options between AGI, ATK, & WIS oriented mercs gives your squad flexibility to weather these over-adjustments.

Back to the intent of OP - your course correction is right on track. Keep working on those good / great trades like the ones mentioned above. Did a trade the other day of a Colossus e1 for a strong Ulfr since I wasn't happy with how Colossus was working. Ulfr is working great for this event (and might be solid for raid too, I'll have to see) but he's too slow for PVP. Some mercs will be good for 1 event where others aren't. Only way to be certain is to learn about them & try them out.

Carpe Diem!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I change lanes?    

Back to top Go down

Should I change lanes?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1