The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 27th 2013, 2:43 am

Yep. I am a firm believer in run the streak out. I NEVER lose matches on purpose, ever, unless it is 5 minutes before the end and I am trying pack on points to stay in top 10 kinda thing.

running the streak gets your win rate for the night higher while netting overall less points if the same amount of mags are used. Which means you get a better daily gift (I always shoot for 250 wins a day) as well as a mess of crystals. For me it is the complete set of 10 omega cells + over 100 crystal sets that I'll win over the course of the event that makes it worth it. I'd have to spend more res buying those crystals if I didn't win em.

Of course, if you lose a lot during your streak, you will really start to hemmorage mags fast. I have noticed fights around the 27 area are easier than the ones at the 15 area because they want you to finish and not throw your fights, so if have a mediocre team it may also be better to replay those high level fights taking advantage of the better proc rates than blowing 25 mags to win a rival battle at streak 9.

All those things are stuff to consider about pvp that goes beyond just math. PvP is truly an art, not a science like raid or tower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 27th 2013, 3:12 am

I can't believe no one likes the art of this L.

It's just so crazy I think it's genius. I think I will make a 2L of him. So, assuming I do get a single L (pretty sure I wont get 2L and really hoping I don't miss out) does anyone want to sell me theirs at the end of the event at whatever market value is?

I think you definitely still need to know the maths with PVP - all the probabilities and the mag usage efficiencies. Not really on my game this PVP Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 27th 2013, 4:22 am

Math is ok to a point, but there are so many variables in the equation to think of that really it is infinitely complex. there is no formula for a "best" way to run pvp.

All I know is that for me, with a pretty reasonable win/loss rate (gonna lose sometimes cause thats just how it is, at least it's not like yesterday). I have always been able to stay top 10 with 250 wins a day running the streaks. I know that I will get about 50% of my wins for free because of mags and natural regen ( I have found that loss % and natural regen about cancel themselves out). So about 100 mags a day for a top 10 finish is what it takes me. Unless mass proc manipulation comes in haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 27th 2013, 5:06 am

Are you running competitively this PVP? I see a "mamoncrief" but no "gendord". If "mamoncrif" is you, are we going to fight over double promo Smile

I am trying to hit the 250 battle mark each day this time. Only got to 199 today though. That cost me around 70-80 mags so I think I would be on track for 100 mags for 250 wins.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 27th 2013, 10:39 am

Switching my team around a bit. Testing out and having decent luck so far with the following: F-9 - Lilith - F-9 - Blue Bot - F-9  (in W formation). Ringshot Payload is so nice when it procs. And I'm also taking advantage of Lilith's 'bugged' skill that does the same amount of damage in the back row as the front, hah. So sad when a team of Epics still beats out a team of Lethals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 27th 2013, 11:37 am

^I fought that squad with Helio - Golem - Jackson - Golem - Nox and beat you with just Helio standing with a sliver of health left. Those F9s were nasty. I only won because none of them proced suppressing fire. Blue Bot buffed Ringshot Payload is a killer though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Orzhov
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 27th 2013, 12:05 pm

Having a lot of trouble just winning. Teams I shouldn't be loosin to and I am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 1:59 pm

PvP is the most frustrating event. Fraggin chance and randomizers play the most important role. And amount of mags spent ofc Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 2:26 pm

PvP is my favorite event because it is also the only one where strategy and team synergy matter as well.

Tower just put your best guys in there and hope they don't get smacked by uberbuffed guys on lvl 10.

Raid just put your hardest multi hitters next to your best buffers/buy $200 worth of savages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 2:34 pm

Seems all top players from the forum left FF??? Smile
Where did they all leave to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 2:54 pm

Pirates most likely, many were applying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 5:23 pm

Proc manipulation went through the roof after double the chance for point boost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 5:41 pm

^^^ just had to defend a 3 win streak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 6:19 pm

Haha, getting same problem on win-streak 12 already. Fighting freaking squads with Primarchs but they keep chopping me because nothing procs, AT ALL, quite annoying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 8:40 pm

Wonder if anyone has faced me or Strap. Lol Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 8:52 pm

I haven't before or in the event yet.

Your infamy multiplier will have been reset, so there will be a chance of a matchup only early on in the PVP event I would have thought.

Last edited by danthepirate on October 28th 2013, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 8:52 pm

Sleep

Hibernation time, someone wake me up when they fix the game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dukekiwi
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 9:25 pm

Im still here just not playing this event much
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 9:32 pm

I appreciate it guys - keeps the points down.

I might just get myself 2L if I can keep it up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 28th 2013, 11:53 pm

I don't know, competition for top 10 has been much the same as normal, even with the bans and lowered participation. I actually feel more pressure than normal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 29th 2013, 12:02 am

Really?

Compared to the last time I had a crack at an L in PVP it is going quite smoothly so far for me. First 2 days were no good, but the last 2 have been good.

I am just scared about the last day and people putting on like massive points. Just trying to get myself a the biggest buffer to 11th place before then. How much do the top 10 usually do on the last day? It's been costing me around 100mags to do around 320 battles per day. I can burn 200 mags a day for the last 3 days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 31st 2013, 8:01 pm

Does anyone know if "harry knotter" has stopped playing this event or not.

If he has it would be very helpful as I can do something useful with the rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 31st 2013, 8:02 pm

you want two L's gotta work *cracks the whip* get back to farming *crack*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 31st 2013, 8:17 pm

Pretty sure I am safe as it stands.

I am definitely going to do at least another 1m, but right now even if I didn't, he would have to do just over 6m in just under 6 hours.

Look I stayed up to 1am and got up at 6:30am so I could grind out points Smile. Anyone that regularly gets 2Ls gets a massive amount of respect from me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 31st 2013, 9:10 pm

If it wasn't for that stupid jury duty with no wireless today from 7:30-4:30....... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 31st 2013, 9:21 pm

It would have been a crazy battle and I am so glad that it didn't happen.

Just think of all the mags and cans and PS not spent by everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dohnson69
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   October 31st 2013, 10:40 pm

I feel ya,I've been stuc in a bad service area all day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   November 1st 2013, 7:19 am

To summarize this PvP event, I was quite happy with the outcome. I did most points ever using mostly agi based team. Farmed almost 100 mags. And reached 27 win streaks for the first time ever and gave up to beat the golden 30 (need some goal for next one).
Procs rates were up and down and still thinks its just matter of luck/badluck.
Already looking forward to raid. Its definitely going to be an interesting one after agi team nerf. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal   

Back to top Go down

PvP Event - Kinetic Prophet Lethal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2