The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New to trading

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LvLUPnLiFe
Common
Common

PostSubject: New to trading   October 26th 2013, 7:06 am

Still new to the fatal frontier scene and im looking for information on the lingo used for trading. i'm trying to buy crystals and cant understand how to or what the terminology is. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 26th 2013, 7:27 am

Welcome to the forum in the first place ! We're always happy to see the community expanding.
Crystals mostly go for a 1:10 ratio, which means; 1 AC : 10 Crystals. Sometimes you'll find people who are desperatly looking for AC and then do trades like 1 AC : 20 Crystals. Very Happy
If you're making a trade vs. crystals, you discuss this through PM. Like, you put up a Crdnl Dual-Gunner for 100 Crystals, the other person puts back up the Crdnl Dual-Gunner for 10 AC.

Grtz
Fresh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LvLUPnLiFe
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 26th 2013, 7:33 am

Awesome thanks for the help and the quick response. I did well in the last event and got ahold of 4 f-9marks so im really looking forward to getting the crystal to pope one well with the 4 i have anyway. thanks again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 26th 2013, 11:27 am

The ratio is 1 ac to 10 crysals? I always thought it was more like 1 to 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 26th 2013, 12:03 pm

Dude please do not make a 4n1 f9 .... you are making the value 1/4 of its worth as an 8/1.... and its worth ALOT next raid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 26th 2013, 1:35 pm

Exactly, I bought them for 7 AC each. Now they're worth already 11 AC each and people still don't realise what the true power of this merc is. I'm looking for another 8 MARK v1's, I'll put 2 of them in my PvP squad, if mercs die they'll bring down their ATK to 0 each hit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LvLUPnLiFe
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 27th 2013, 5:21 am

I plan on getting more of them. I just only have four i can max with crystals right now...or are you saying i shouldn't do that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 27th 2013, 7:33 am

I'm not going to POPE it, just OPE 250. POPE is only a difference of 15 stat points but will cost you a lot of crystals, and they don't get any cheaper haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 27th 2013, 11:27 am

You want to use Max crystals on the wisdom and agility on 8 r1s. Rest of the stats I would only do the last evo with crystals. So build it like your building pope 8/1 but only the agi and wis crystals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 27th 2013, 11:55 am

Terminology guys. Let's try not to get him confused.

POPE = crystal everything before every fusion. A fully mature merc that has 3 evolutions from raw to perfect would need 400 to be a "POPE" version of that merc (8 mercs * 50 crystals). A merc that only needs 1 evolution would need 100 crystals (2 mercs * 50 crystals).

With the 4 F9's you have you could crystal all of the skills and have a 4/200 when you finish fusioning the 4 together into one e3 merc, that would be L70 and need to go to L99 before you fusion it the final time. Art's suggestion was to only crystal some of the skills. It's cheaper, but then you shouldn't claim it's a POPE when you try to sell it.

I'd be VERY upset if you sold it to me as a POPE of the merc, for the premium some of the mercs garner, only to learn it was an abomination. My response would be to give you a -1 on the trusted trader listing.

The F9 would be a shame to not fully crystal, especially since PVP generates tons of crystals for everyone. And finally, Fresh's point about the 8/250 is right on the money as the way to get nearly an 8/400 stats with lots fewer crystals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LvLUPnLiFe
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 27th 2013, 9:15 pm

Thanks so much for all of the help and information guys. Its going to help me understand trading and evolving from here on out a lot better. I do have one last question about what to do with my recently acquired 4 f-9 marks. My crystal stock right will let me fully max two lvl 70 marks i have. Ill wait to do any further evolving until i get the crystals. What i want to know is why would i want to only do some stats. I understand that his agility would be very important for him to strike first but i would think that wisdom would be lower on the list of stat choices to upgrade if i was going to just do the important ones. Just curious for the future on what stats ill need to focus on besides obvious unit specific choices like the mark 9s agility. I have some lockdowns fully lvled i wish i could evo but not enough crystals for them either. Im getting held up by crystals or id be a beast lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 28th 2013, 1:03 am

F-9 has this skill as we all know:

Suppressing Fire - On ally death, heavily lower the ATK of ALL enemies. 75% Modifier, 35% Proc rate.

So the 75% modifier means that it will reduce the enemies attack by .75 of the wisdom of the F-9. So the more wisdom it has, the more it will reduce the attack of the opponents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orzhov
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 28th 2013, 2:02 am

It's all fine and well to POPE the F-9 but you know damn well that its going to be a pain in the ass to get agi/wis crystals lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LvLUPnLiFe
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 28th 2013, 2:50 am

Oh i didnt know that wisdom was the modifier for skills like that thanks. Yeah its going to be a real pain in the ass lol. I think its worth it though especially since i dont have lots of really good cards im patient though. I sold and scraped forever to be able to evo a lilith POPE to her third form but thats all i have the AC for. I appreciate all the help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   October 28th 2013, 7:18 am

Bought my 7 F-9's for half the price they're worth atm. Price keeps going up but in the end it will drop like Lilith.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to trading   

Back to top Go down

New to trading
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1