The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Whos the mole

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mrpaplp
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Whos the mole   October 30th 2013, 12:42 pm

Whos the mole

who keeps on telling the secrets in the game

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
good for my PvP game what they did to Niobe, Warfare Technician v2
but very bad for my raid team...

No No No 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   October 30th 2013, 1:01 pm

It is sad because the devs have no one to blame for this but themselves. This is why playtesting is so freaking important. Players are SMART if they put something out we are going to find a way to use it to it's best capabilities. It is what makes these games FUN! It is the process of finding through strategy a way to turn what appears to be a handicap into a strength.

When the developers consistently squelch that strategy and creativity the game ceases to be a game, because they are removing the GAME part from it. It becomes simply a brightly colored slot machine where we insert our money and the game rewards a very small select few of us with success.

I think what they did to Niobe is abhorrent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sirus4582
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   October 30th 2013, 1:09 pm

But how did they know this problem (Raid) with Niobe?? Raid didn't even start, so they probably didn't know by thereselves what Niobe would have been capable of.
I think that Mrpaplp ment who in this is the mole that checks out what we discuss in the forum and gives the info further to the developers...

So...someone have a glue??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   October 30th 2013, 1:11 pm

I think it's worse that they outright LIED about what they did to Niobe. They should have just manned up and admitted it was unbalancing to raids and would reward the 3 or 4 players max who were thinking ahead with unusually good non-savage raid teams. But no, they had to go in and make up some bull shit about metadata... what?!?!? Anyone who even recognized what the word metadata means can see right through that crap. They had to deliberately go in and program Niobe's mid-battle buff (first of its kind) and gave it a lower proc rate to offset the chance to buff multiple times. There was no metadata involved in that at all.

We have been complaining for 4+ weeks that she gets butchered by her own team mates (canis, odin) when she procs. They KNEW this a long time ago. It's no coincidence that they make this change right before the raid....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   October 30th 2013, 1:35 pm

@legendslayer: Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read "metadata". Toss out a buzzword and while people are concentrating on that, kick them in the nuts.

Plus the "mole" or "deep throat" here is all of us. Remember what Art said some time ago that if you don't think the DEVs are here reading what you post, then you are wrong.

Finally, when it comes to DEVs, they have proven that at this point in time there is no reason to trust them. They will do whatever they want, no matter what they have said, to generate more money in their pockets. Nothing else matters to them except for money. They have sacrificed long term gain and stability for a short term money grab. All FF players should now assume that when you pay any money to play this game, consider it like going to a movie theater. You are paying for that experience at that moment in time (and no matter what you get out of it [mercs, etc.]) it is going to be no more valuable than a ripped ticket stub.

Who Watches the Watchmen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   October 30th 2013, 2:06 pm

Sirus4582 wrote:
But how did they know this problem (Raid) with Niobe?? Raid didn't even start, so they probably didn't know by thereselves what Niobe would have been capable of.
I think that Mrpaplp ment who in this is the mole that checks out what we discuss in the forum and gives the info further to the developers...

So...someone have a glue??
Devs themselves also check the forum, think about Nasty Mr. Grutzy etc. Pointing all my hatred against him right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   October 31st 2013, 1:13 am

Hey, if you are going to crow about how many of a merc you have, or how merc xyz123 is the best thing since man crawled from the primordal ooze, and you forgot that this is an OPEN forum where collaboration is encouraged (did you forget we've had several Dakota folk lurking around?) then it is YOUR fault that your favorite merc got 'adjusted'.

GROW UP!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everydaynyc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   November 2nd 2013, 4:48 am

Zoar1984 wrote:
@legendslayer:  Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read "metadata".  Toss out a buzzword and while people are concentrating on that, kick them in the nuts.

Plus the "mole" or "deep throat" here is all of us.  Remember what Art said some time ago that if you don't think the DEVs are here reading what you post, then you are wrong.

Finally, when it comes to DEVs, they have proven that at this point in time there is no reason to trust them.  They will do whatever they want, no matter what they have said, to generate more money in their pockets.  Nothing else matters to them except for money.  They have sacrificed long term gain and stability for a short term money grab.  All FF players should now assume that when you pay any money to play this game, consider it like going to a movie theater.  You are paying for that experience at that moment in time (and no matter what you get out of it [mercs, etc.]) it is going to be no more valuable than a ripped ticket stub.

Who Watches the Watchmen?
At what point did they [i]finally[i] prove that to you?  I. Not picking on you Zman,  but honestly the fact that anyone still finds their behaviour and complete disregard for customers shocking absolutely blows my mind...ive said it before,  wanna get rich?  3 easy steps  1. come up with a good mobile game  concept.
2.  Learn how to write code.  3.  Wash your hands if any moral compass you may have once had.  = Do whatever the F@&$ you want to your customers,  literally whatever you want....no one, no person, no group, no committee, no policy makers, no anything will stop you, because there are none to do so....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoDaHo74
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   November 4th 2013, 12:01 pm

Metadata sounds like metaphysical bullshit....imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AtomicHermit
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   November 4th 2013, 9:27 pm

Metadata is not bullshit.Wink  It is sort of an Uber-complex excel sheet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edluv1
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   November 4th 2013, 9:31 pm

And that has what to do with a character behaving exactly as described?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AtomicHermit
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   November 5th 2013, 12:16 am

Everything. RAM, Mista Fista, Big Rig and Hanzo have the same skill# in the metadata, but different parameters. Without going into too much detail, it controls everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whos the mole   

Back to top Go down

Whos the mole
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1