The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 3:50 pm

Lethal Reward:
http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Torpid_Controller_v2
Toxic Sweep: Deal very heavy AGI damage to enemies in the rear line and sometimes infect targets (250% modifier, 50% proc)
Bolstering Wave: Pre-battle, emit aura that heavily increases WIS and DEF for 3 random allies, until caster dies (60% modifier)

Epic Reward:
http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Lucion,_Kinectic_Soul
Soulful Strikes: Deal 5 random attacks dealing WIS damage and sometimes lower AGI of 5 random enemies. (150% modifier)

Epic Savage:
http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Spitfire_Jaw_Breaker_v2
Silencing Trample: Deal 4 random attacks dealing heavy WIS damage, and sometimes silence targets for 2 turns (200% Modifier)

Rare Savage:
Bladeskull Impaler v2
Headcutter: Deal 2 random attacks dealing heavy ATK damage, weakening targets for 1 turn. (200% modifier)

It looks like WIS teams will be making a strong showing in the near future with these decent multi-hit WIS mercs. Tigrey WIS teams might be on-par with AGI and ATK teams thanks to the epic savage. Overall, the rewards look fairly solid this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 3:55 pm

Reserved.

Latest JSON is out. Let's hope they start the event tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dohnson69
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 4:27 pm

Well that was the kind of lethal I was hoping for, but 3 RANDOM allies hmm maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 4:56 pm

art is kick ass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:00 pm

epic reward just gave us our new cheap raid team with couple tigrey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edluv1
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:10 pm

Even the rare savage looks useful. I might use it on my attack raid team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:14 pm

Seriously, did they not learn their freaking lesson with making savages too strong. The event savage is only a tiny tiny bit weaker than burnfrost, and will be as common as sand.

In other news, I freaking HATE the whole Blood Brothers skillset type with skills that hits X rows only. It's garbage devs, get that Blood Brothers crap outta here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:15 pm

IMHO quite smart move from devs to release such nice wis based mercs. Was praying for one like these and here they are, definitely going for as high rank as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dohnson69
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:20 pm

Hmm wonder what the pack epic will be and if it will have double skills like the last two
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:27 pm

Ya this Lethal is garbage with his row attack. I mean look at how bad Geigelbuster is. I don't think anyone should spend any $$ or resources to compete for top 10, he's just not worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:34 pm

Not saying he is bad. I just hate seeing them walk down the Blood Brothers road any further. This is the FIRST merc since Giegelbuster to feature a rowed attack, while they are all over blood brothers. I just hate seeing similarities that aren't positive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:36 pm

i just offloaded my kenna attack kai for marcus v2. i love running him in riad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
souperbean
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:39 pm

What do you all do with the savages when you get them? Put them in your lineup right away or ghetto evo them to get the multiplier? PE them during the event?

I can't seem to level them up quick enough for them to be useful during the event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:42 pm

you get all you need thene jump out of the raid area and level them really fast with the higher XP area ... you just need em ready by srb,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:46 pm

most people run the W formation an hes insanely fast. idk seem like a 300-350 res lethal to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thalstin
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:49 pm

The L confused me as well, so if I run a V formation, it only hits the one at the back. I don't like position dependent attacks.

Well the savage looks nice but I don't think they will be that strong. Like a Bionic Televangelist at max. maybe. Its Wis stat is way lower than Burnfrost.

And most ppl gheto evo them, I don't think anyone will collect 8 R1s to make a perfect one. They will be fused with whatever is available to make as much E4 as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:54 pm

@ mamoncrief, bad timing to say that POPE Tigreys are useless, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:57 pm

Having a Wis based multi-hit event savage with a huge modifier changed the game. As a chain buffer, Tigrey is still done. And after this raid when the savage loses the bonus we will just have to see. It certainly stands to reason that from now on the "Cheap" raid team will be a stagger of Tigreys and this savage, even in future raids, but we will have to see how the numbers pan out. Still, looks like at least for the moment Tigrey is back from the brink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
souperbean
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 5:58 pm

Gotcha. Thank guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 6:05 pm

@ souperbean, I finished my 30 win-streak today and then got set back to 1 for finishing. First opponent, 1 win-streak: souperbean, haha. Very Happy
I'm not sure if this actually is your PvP squad though, but this is the one I fought against:

F-9 MARK 4 / Bull Drone v1 / WASP BL / Bull Drone v1 / Cannonback

Most likely your leveling squad ? :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
souperbean
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 6:12 pm

That's mine. Yep, leveling up the drones.

I'm just a first battle opponent. That's depressing. lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 6:21 pm

It kind of is, isn't it ? lol! I'm just pro with my cheap squad, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 6:41 pm

The art on all of these is great! I really like Lucion and how he evolves through his forms. Probably going to make an 8n1 despite not really having a spot for him on my team. The lethal looks tasty too, I predict he's going to be popular once people get their hands on him. Everyone is going to underestimate him like they did with Telepath and Hellcat before him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
souperbean
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 7:03 pm

it's on like donkey kong. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daltigoth
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 7:36 pm

Anyone else notice that it's #1-6 for 2L's and #7-15 for 1L! Top 15!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 8:02 pm

Egads! They lowered it to top 15?! That is rediculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 9:33 pm

Proc manipulation bullshit is already in full gear. Out of my 7 Niobes I've had a crazy large percentage of 1-2 buff fights, about three 4-5 buff fights, and absolutely ZERO 6-7 buff fights. 50% my ass. I should be getting 3.5 niobe procs per fight. Not even close with a sample size of around 40 so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
antoshkinn
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 6th 2013, 10:09 pm

Is it just me, or Lucion is actually doing Massive Bombardment skill instead of that listed 5 random WIS damage?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everydaynyc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 12:23 am

hmmm "genebound" ammo cans.   Im gonna go out on a limb here and say this is Dickota's latest and greatest attempt at preventing Multiuser acct ammo farming
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 12:25 am

You would be correct. And you need to ally me haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orzhov
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 2:16 am

So only 1-15 get lethals, GG Dakota you are fucking dumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 2:26 am

They probably noticed the points required to get an L started dropping so they tightened the bands in an effort to try to make people burn more res would be my guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 2:31 am

It's so incredibly counter productive though, because all they did was ensure that no new player ever gets an L. Literally. That top 15 isn't going to stop me from getting an L (though it will make it flipping hard to get 2), but it is going to stop average joe player trying to make their way in the game from getting one.

They need to be making this game MORE accessible to new players because the player base is down to 2k people. Not sending a message loud and clear to their players that there is no way that even the most disciplined free player will ever achieve a Lethal in this game. Is it too much for 1% of your player base to get a lethal? Evidently (2500 players, top 25 lethal?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 2:43 am

I don't think they are trying to increase their player base. I think they are just trying to get cash from those established players who are willing to keep playing the game to the end.

I assume that the game will continue for as long as it remains profitable and some of the recent changes we saw was to keep it profitable.

When was the last time we had a person new to the game join this forum? My guess would be a couple of months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orzhov
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 3:25 am

Ya but who would want to play this game after reading this forum and all the complaints we make against the game because the devs are retarded? All they are doing is creating more and more bad publicity and the game population is slowly dieing out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 3:32 am

Actually there was just a rather large influx of new players into the game from BB after the nerf. They already have teams set up and are aiming for tops spots, meaning that there are at least 25 L hunters currently playing the game. 15 lethal spots, 25 L hunters on established teams, means no lethals for guys like orzhov and stuff who managed to earn one with blood and sweat because of the gaps opened up by the nerfs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 4:43 am

mamoncrief wrote:
It's so incredibly counter productive though, because all they did was ensure that no new player ever gets an L. Literally. That top 15 isn't going to stop me from getting an L (though it will make it flipping hard to get 2), but it is going to stop average joe player trying to make their way in the game from getting one.

They need to be making this game MORE accessible to new players because the player base is down to 2k people. Not sending a message loud and clear to their players that there is no way that even the most disciplined free player will ever achieve a Lethal in this game. Is it too much for 1% of your player base to get a lethal? Evidently (2500 players, top 25 lethal?)
^^ this. No way now for me to even get close to lethal. Why should i play it then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 8:42 am

I didn't know that there were a whole bunch of new players aiming to be high level. I didn't see a noticeable spike in the numbers participating in the PVP event. Also, so far the top 30 in this event are pretty much all pirates. Early days yet though...

@caya: I disagree. You could totally get an L in PVP if you saved up enough res and you had enough time to do it. I don't claim to be a high level player, just someone that saves up lots of res and has a plan. PM me if you want me to convince you.

In the team events, I agree there isn't much of a chance for your average player to get an L. Though, for instance, if the members of TFB saved enough mags, I reckon they could quite easily make a run for an L in raid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 8:51 am

danthepirate wrote:

@caya: I disagree. You could totally get an L in PVP if you saved up enough res and you had enough time to do it. I don't claim to be a high level player, just someone that saves up lots of res and has a plan. PM me if you want me to convince you.

In the team events, I agree there isn't much of a chance for your average player to get an L. Though, for instance, if the members of TFB saved enough mags, I reckon they could quite easily make a run for an L in raid.
No need to convince me. I've already done the calculation how much magz i would need to make 20M points in PvP. The nubmer was somewhere around 2000. The problem is that the top 15 will always be players with much better flexibility in resources (both ACs and PS) and will thus always be able to outsport me in the finish.
Last but not least, all events end in time not favoring EU TZ, i would have to be awake whole night to keep in top15.
So yeah, in theory it is possible, but the practice would be very very hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atg729
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 9:11 am

This raid was my first shot to a lethal. Rank 25 I could manage. 15 not so much. Still I m gonna try my best. Feels suicidal to try and spend all my time and resources on a witch hunt that's futile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 9:46 am

I just found a major bug: the Bladeskull (UC/R savage) says it's skill has a WEAKENING effect. However, when I was playing around with one to see if I could optimize my damage, it procs and the STUN icon pops up on the boss. Furthermore, my next attack did not do additional damage. Digging in a bit deeper, the JSON entry for the Headsplitter skill has a skill type = 2, the same type as every other stun merc skill. The skill type for a legit weaken (make vulnerable) is a type = 6.

TLDR: Headsplitter skill STUNS, not weakens. Making him less valuable/versatile for teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
antoshkinn
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 10:05 am

legendslayer wrote:
I just found a major bug: the Bladeskull (UC/R savage) says it's skill has a WEAKENING effect. However, when I was playing around with one to see if I could optimize my damage, it procs and the STUN icon pops up on the boss. Furthermore, my next attack did not do additional damage. Digging in a bit deeper, the JSON entry for the Headsplitter skill has a skill type = 2, the same type as every other stun merc skill. The skill type for a legit weaken (make vulnerable) is a type = 6.

TLDR: Headsplitter skill STUNS, not weakens. Making him less valuable/versatile for teams.
Yep, I have noticed the same, so I think I will stop wasting time on evolving proper one Bladeskull unless I see it fixed.

That's with the Raid Boss aka Epic reward skill as I mentioned above? It is really doing Massive bombardment crap instead of 5 random wis damage and lower agility. Having even lower agility stat than Gyro Destroyer it makes it pretty worthless...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 11:28 am

Apparently people are still throwing their money away to dakota. Sojmario already has 7 E4 Savages, Thalstin has 5, mmlzena has 4, and Jeffpagoda has 4. Crazy. Looks like top 7 is already sealed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 12:20 pm

To all those people who said that people wouldn't buy savages, I rest my case. I knew that 100% of the double lethal spots would be filled with savage buyers, and I thank them for supporting this game and keeping it afloat so that we can all continue to enjoy it for free. Whats the alternative? No game to play at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 12:36 pm

Your prediction was right on the money, Mamoncrief (pun intended). But I think my biggest problem is that they jacked down the lethal rewards so that only the handful of paying players have a shot at one. This disincentives the normal players and kills the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thalstin
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 1:39 pm

As my name was also mentioned, I should say a few words. Yes I was one of the ones who said that I decided not to spend anymore in this game after several things that led me to that decision although I've bought savages in all raid events that I participated.

Unbalanced nerfs, bans and almost all my teammates quitting the game came one after another in a very short time. I was undecided about what to do.

But I've met new people and a new team and I don't want to let them down in this raid. That's why I changed my decision.

And legend is right, limiting the L range to #15 from #25 was a bad move as Dakota wants the handful spenders left in the game to spend even more. Will it work, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 1:45 pm

Good to hear you found a new team and renewed interest in the game, Thalstin. I have no problems with players like you spending the time and money to earn some lethals. My post wasn't meant to be a bash on paying players, as you are vital to keeping the game alive. I think you hit the nail on the head with your assessment. I guess I'm still frustrated that Dakota took my carefully planned-out raid team that would let me place top 10 and brutally nerfed it unto the ground and lied about why they did it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 3:03 pm

Any1 else unable to login?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 3:06 pm

caya, I'm getting stuck at the GETTING NEW CONTENT screen too all of a sudden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   November 7th 2013, 3:07 pm

Yeah, I just am getting that.... I tried 3 or 4 different devices and connections. Nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal   

Back to top Go down

November Raid Event - Torpid Controller Lethal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next