The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bug: Heal over Time procs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Bug: Heal over Time procs   November 21st 2013, 4:02 pm

When a Heal-Over-Time skill is applied to a merc (such as Sunbeam Harvester's heal) the subsequent heals kick in on every ACTION the merc takes. For lethal mercs, their HoT application heals them twice for each single 'turn' since they are double action. Similarly, it works the same way on skills, proccing each time a skill action takes place, with multi-hit merc skills like Mecha-Horde counting 6 actions on the single turn if it's six-hit skill procs. The heal correctly gets removed after the proper number of actions, but this bug makes the heals mostly useless as the first HoT application of its turn usually brings it back to full health and the subsequent ones are wasted.

Healers are already underwhelming in this game, so fixing this so it only applies the HoT at the start of their actual 'turn' and not on every action would be nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bug: Heal over Time procs   November 21st 2013, 4:45 pm

This is a good catch, and you are right about this hurting the MANY HoT mercs that dakota flooded us with about a month ago, but I just don't see this as being a high priority (or even registering anywhere on the priority chart) for Dakota at the moment.

The niobe bug was much more severe than this, and instead of fix it they just completely changed the mechanic of her skill. It's lazy programming, but it goes to show that minor bugs like this will continue to be ignored most likely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bug: Heal over Time procs   November 21st 2013, 5:48 pm

I probably shouldn't have said anything. I bet they just remove the HoT component of the skill completely for the 'fix'. Hah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bug: Heal over Time procs   November 21st 2013, 6:05 pm

You know what I would love to see, that would both make healers viable in this game balance and be cool and creative is is a future HoT, where instead of doing a heal over time on future turns, you place a future heal on a merc that lasts for it's next 2 sources of damage, and if it gets hit and takes non-fatal damage the heal kicks in and does it's 200% wis or whatever heal for the next 2 times it takes damage. They could just use the shield mechanic because they already have that in place and replace the shield with a heal buff. Doesn't seem like too difficult of a bit of programming, and it would actually make healers viable and perhaps even good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bug: Heal over Time procs   November 22nd 2013, 11:51 am

There need to be true tanks/healers(bubbles reducing damage.) I want to start seeing 4-5 round pvp fights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Bug: Heal over Time procs   November 22nd 2013, 12:10 pm

Am I the only one who noticed that these Dakota chickens don't even reply on the forum anymore? There are so much bugs etc. but dead silence in all threads. Nasty Mr. Grutzy, are you still alive mate ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bug: Heal over Time procs   

Back to top Go down

Bug: Heal over Time procs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatal Frontier Forum :: Fatal Frontier :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: