The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

December Raid Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 11:43 am

It looks like it's that time of month again! The latest JSON has been released and the raid mercs are in.

Lethal Reward: Totemic Warrior (http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Totemic_Warrior_v2)

Double Death: Deal ATK damage and sometimes KILL 2 random enemies. (130% ATK, 30% chance)
Waning Wall: Take damage in place of adjacent squadmates and counter with heavy ATK damage. (150% ATK, 50% chance)
NOTE: This is a single-action Lethal according to the JSON (bug? It's happened before)

Epic Reward: Restrained Colossus ( http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Restrained_Titan_v2)

Titanic Smash: Deal 5 random attacks dealing heavy ATK damage and sometimes freeze targets for 2 turns. (150% ATK, 30% chance)

Rare Savage: Thornhide (http://fatalfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Thornspike_v2)

Thorncuts: Deal heavy AGI damage and sometimes lower AGI of 3 Random enemies (150% AGI, 30% chance)

Ranking Rewards:
2x Lethal: ??
1x Lethal: ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 11:50 am

So the L is a canis with an extra proc for when its his turn.....and at 12k agi wont be often as he will usually be dead. disappointed again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 11:57 am

Absolutely loving the artwork. That Colossus is crazy cool-looking.

The biggest thing I am disappointed in is that it isn't Christmas themed. However, I wasn't around last Christmas. Did they wait till the week of Christmas to do the themed event?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 11:57 am

Idk he works perfect for my set up if he wasn't single action. If thats a mistake and hes double action then he is a beast. Totemic Warrior-Mord-HC-Mord- Totemic Warrior............ actually looking at his skills he can be manipulated into being nasty but you will need a def/atk buff on him and right now theres 2 in the game. Ones about 100-120 for ok evo and other is dbl gun who ive seen go for 750 and low as 400
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 11:59 am

Restrained titan isnt terrible for atk raid squads. but hes wayyyyy toooo slow for pvp... each proc worth about 100k but if you buff him on both sides and ran 6 of them could prolly mvp your bosses till e3 level 1 and maybe level 2 of e3 raid boss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 12:13 pm

Titan has more cumulative damage than Na'lac, and would be useful in Tower. He would be useful in PVP only as a backrow merc every 3rd match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 12:24 pm

If the Totemic Warrior truly isn't double action, he should have at least been all squadmates instead of just adjacent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 12:34 pm

If they start giving out single-action Lethals on a regular basis for event rewards, then I think I might retire again. Half the appeal of a Lethal is the fact that it gets two actions.

Kain: if they are going to release a Christmas-themed merc, it will probably be for the Tower event when it's closer to Christmas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozziev
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 12:59 pm

lol figures cause I hate tower~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 1:08 pm

its like a juiced up shimma with a broken leg lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 2:35 pm

The L is completely proc dependent. Hes a canis with a extra ability for a proc. 30% chance on proc to just outright kill the enemy. idk hes very hard to gauge... i know i my squad he would be nasty but most squads he doesn't fit into. Once again this is all based on if hes double action or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 2:50 pm

The Death affliction itself only a 30% chance per hit for instant death. So multiply that by the 30% chance for the skill itself to proc, and you get roughly 10% chance to kill an enemy.

I wonder if it works on raid/tower bosses lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 3:17 pm

I was thinking the same thing Legend! lol. And thanks for the answer about the Christmas event.

I still don't know about him either. The whole adjacent squadmate thing is really bugging me. I thought he was great till I noticed that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 4:33 pm

It won't work on Raid Bosses (obviously) but then again, for the (1000th time) they didn't manage to release a merc properly. It's only a skill description which is wrong, but still, after all this time you'd think they know how to release a merc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 4:49 pm

According to his picture which is available on the X at the moment, it is confirmed he is a single action merc.

HOWEVER when they released double gun his information on the Json and on the trade page was NOT what he ended up being (thus the good old is he going to be mid battle or pre battle debacle)

So hopefully the Devs keep the Lethal rewards double action because that is LITERALLY all that is keeping them in a higher tier than good epics like F9. If event lethals start to turn single action like in BB, then they will have officially re-imbalanced the game that they just lost over 50% of the player base to balance by making 75% of the previous event epics better than the future lethals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 5:06 pm

Epics getting better and Lethals getting worse.... makes a lot of sense
...Zzz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
souperbean
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 5:47 pm

Getting network errors and can't open the game. Looks like its going to be another exciting event. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
souperbean
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 5:49 pm

Looks like the game was updated today too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 6:33 pm

This epic isn't very good, he's decent for raid, roughly the same as stinger, but he simply cannot be used for anything but backrow in pvp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 13th 2013, 6:37 pm

I love the Native American schtick on the L, it looks sweet. Hopefully it's double action, only being able block and counter adjacent mercs hurts enough as it is. The art on the other new mercs ain't bad either. Looks like this will be a fun Raid event. Good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 14th 2013, 8:50 am

If hes single action he will go cheap. im just going to buy a couple v2s instead of earning them lol. They are perfect canis replacements. I was thinking about it last night and hes a better canis cause he has a solid proc on top of countering 50 percent of every hit. If you have a HC-buffed mordeo buffing the new L on both sides I could see that as the perfect pvp team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 14th 2013, 10:30 am

Except canis blocks your entire team. This douchebag only protects adjacent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 14th 2013, 11:35 am

Canis is equal to this Lethal, higher DEF (which is neccessary to block all those attacks) and higher modifier on the counter ( 200% vs. 150% on Lethal ), Canis has lower ATK though; ~3k. Canis blocks entire team, Lethal only adjacent. Only good thing is the Death Affliction ( which is only a 30% chance on a 30% proc rate ). Not as bad as the Railgun Rider Lethal but still Shimma level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 14th 2013, 11:37 am

I don't think we'll see much more 'high-tier' Lethals anymore either, all new mercs they released after the big nerf have low modifiers and weak attacks, making sure that they get a lot of money on those mercs and meanwhile those mercs aren't good enough to participate in events like Raid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 14th 2013, 2:03 pm

Totemic Warrior is definitely not Shimma level. He's on par with Artemis Rider, Katie Kong and other good-but-not-great lethals. That is of course if he's double action. If not then he's slightly below that level but still better than Shimma by a mile.
Back to top Go down
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 14th 2013, 2:53 pm

I honestly think they are making an attempt to reset the power curve.

Speaking of bad lethals, I still can't believe people are holding onto the hardshell like they are. I've tried a couple of counter offers that would have given a higher profit and still got rejected
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 15th 2013, 11:16 pm

its amazing what happens when my hc proc then when it doesnt proc. its unreal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 16th 2013, 12:36 pm

I just realized that I think they made another ranking reward change- now only top 6 get double lethal, and 7-15 get single. Wasn't it 1-7 that got doubles and 8-15 that got singles last time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 16th 2013, 12:56 pm

Shit is getting nasty, only 15 Lethals each event. What's the point in still playing ? Jeez ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 16th 2013, 5:37 pm

Hopefully it will go back up to 30 if they can manage to attract more players to the game.
Back to top Go down
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 16th 2013, 7:11 pm

I looked back at he events page as to when they started to up the numbers of lethals they handed out (back in the day they handed out fewer than 30) and I really would like to see them tweak the number of lethals to giving out 18, and top 7 get 2 for our current player base. This is because right now we are little bit top heavy. We have a relatively large competitive population compared to a relatively small casual player base. They need to grow the casual player base if this game is gonna survive, which means extending out the rewards a bit. I am pretty hard pressed to just stay in single event rare range, and for a new player hopping in the game finishing 1500 in the event and getting nothing to help them move up in the world is a quick way to have them move on to something else.

Also, they need to realize that BB is shrinking as well, and Joes didn't retain the the explosive growth that it had at first, so the game mode as a whole is losing players. The thing that FF had going for it that neither of the other games had was accessibility for the casual player. Right now FF could rebound strongly if the devs would stop making mistakes like putting out rewards so terrible people stop playing (often to never return) and moving the rewards farther up the ladder so that the casual players can't progress. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 16th 2013, 9:28 pm

I honestly think that if they (especially around a holiday) would extend the lethal rewards out further (even top 50), BUT tone down the ability/stats, that it would at least encourage the average player to invest more. Whether time or money. Either way they are gonna still have the people that buy all savage teams spending the money. At least this way others would feel they have a chance, and would probably spend a little when they normally wouldn't.

I might be relating to myself too much here, but its a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 17th 2013, 9:06 am

Anyone having problems connecting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 17th 2013, 9:17 am

I am with BB but not with FF.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 17th 2013, 11:22 am

I love it, I get the notification about SRB, and BOOM...my all-out damage goes from an average of 10-12 to 6-8mil. Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionpfaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 17th 2013, 11:23 am

I used to play Marvel War of Heroes which had a great solution...they made non L rewards into low end savages (they have 4 tiers of rewards though). It encouraged everyone to push and then participate in the next event as well. I would love to see something similar instituted here as I think it would encourage more of the casual base to push up in the rankings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   December 17th 2013, 11:28 am

Funny thing is that you guys actually think Dakota is that smart, guess what: they're stupid as hell and that will most likely never change. Don't expect too many ( possitive ) changes, the good ol' days are gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December Raid Event   

Back to top Go down

December Raid Event
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1