The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TFB - January Raid Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 6:00 pm

It also appears that daboss2099 is in lethal range. So while I still try to dump at least one ammo mag on each of my squadmates calls for help, I am also trying a little harder to finish off his bosses. If I can't win a lethal, maybe another TFB member can!

So do I see any other TFB members in Lethal range from Beta and Gamma?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ongkuba
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 6:20 pm

Nope only One supporter with lethal Quality so we just chilling at Place 40-30 at Gamma and i thnk u Must Push daboss hard to bring him up at Place 15 with over 200000 Points good luck

Last edited by ongkuba on January 20th 2014, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 6:25 pm

I've been somewhat slacking this event. All I achieved so far is to farm 250mags. I'll try to improve m'y ranking a bit but RL got in the way tout get a real ranking. I'll try to get around 100.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 3:58 am

danthepirate wrote:
If anyone needs some motivation to push a bit harder, I may have it. Now, I have never tried calcing out the stats for an evo'd merc before, so I am not sure that this is 100% right. Seeing as the Wiki isn't being updated and neither is the parser I thought I would give it a shot. Basically the R1 reward is a much better n'alac. Same skill, significantly better stats.

This is what I came up with:
PE Stats: 14986.399 16482.726 11676.944 11210.613 13536.869
These should be raid boss fully evolved stats:
And the skill is 4x 150% ATK.
No other epic merc has higher ATK.
Definitely better than N'Alac. Much faster too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
souperbean
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 8:12 am

Shhhh
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 10:44 am

Oh, so now we are hoarding data, insights, and competitive intelligence?

Tsk, tsk, and shameful that the collaborative paradigm of the forum is being poisoned. If you play 20 hours a day to win an L (or be in the top 50), then you should be able to score all the r1's of a merc that you could possibly want. Why step on the necks of the casual players?

A sad day ...  Sad

... Maybe it's time to do something else ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 12:09 pm

Actually Hep it (publically) started with Legendslayer during the last event for the Lurkers. Whether it was intentional or not it was the first event where no one did the "event just started so here's the stats for everything" post. Then he said:

"They rocketed up to 7+ AC each once people found out what they really can do. Thanks in part to my not updating the wiki, I was able to score a dozen or more of them at 1-3 ac each. I don't think I'm going to update the wiki anymore if my JSON parsing tool gives me such a huge advantage in the market."

So since the last event, everyone here is now being "silent" about the event rewards hoping that they can pull the wool over other people's eyes and profit from their ignorance. Thus it is not souperbean at fault here with his comment...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 12:28 pm

I hear ya' Zoar. And I saw that post too.

Guess the days of open collaboration are over, or grinding to a halt. And our effort to make the game more enjoyable by creating a type of "fraternity" oriented toward one another rather than silently tapping our phone in our corner of the world have been corroded and undermined by the hunt for being "better than the Jones" mindset.

Well, I guess legendslayer has chosen to make his chits on the release of the merc. Since we've been relying on his tool & the updates from others, I guess we've become complacent and need to start doing the homework ourselves.

... once again ... sigh ... a sad day ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 12:54 pm

But the data are still publicly available. One just need to use a bit of searching skill Razz.
http://www.m-webs.com/ff/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 1:12 pm

Very true caya, but that tool is also legendslayer's IP. If he decides to get angry (about what I said, or other bits), he could choose to make the JSON utility and many other useful tools go dark.

Or use them privately ... Maybe I should stop typing ...  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 1:25 pm

Hep, can't say I haven't thought about it! Having the only detailed access to the json would definitely give me and my team an edge both in-game and in the market. However we all decided that's a short-sighted advantage and would be detrimental to the game community as a whole.

So I'm not hiding data intentionally. The wiki never got updated because starting with the last update, you will notice they changed the image path for the new mercs (the image button in my parser no longer provides an image). So instead of just posting up blank mercs on the wiki, I've been trying to figure out/ wrangle dakota into telling me what the new image locations are. All to no avail of course. And anyone is able to make a "Raid's Started!" post, not just admins. Besides, with no images it would be pretty bland.

I'm not doing any of this maliciously. And since no one really complained about the wiki not getting updated, I figured no one cared. Plus I'm getting a little tired again of shouldering the whole burden solo since mamon's been so busy with his up and coming ball of joy. I'm still more than happy to tutor anyone who wants to step up and take over things or help out with entering mercs in the wiki.

TLDR: Yes you've become too dependent on me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 2:25 pm

Legend: I'd love to help with the data and stuff. The transformation of disconnected bits into actionable intelligence (aka Informatics) is one of my passions. Might have to keep the efforts behind the scene as my wife really HATES the game and would go bonkers if she heard about it.

Drop me a PM when you have a sec.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 6:16 pm

I couldn't seem to find the Cyclops in the parser when I looked last (that could just have been user error on my part though). Which is why I had a go at working it out myself. I probably should have checked my calculations against some known values first, but to tell you the truth I couldn't be bothered. However, I don't like not knowing so I am going to work out where I went wrong.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 6:24 pm

dan, I don't actually have to update the Parser for it to be current. It pulls directly from the live game JSON data when you hit the REFRESH JSON button. So if the merc is in game, it's in the JSON somewhere.

Note: the name filter only filters on a STARTS WITH match... you cant type in CYCLOPS and have the REPAIRED CYCLOPS show up unfortunately. One of my pending updates to the tool is to have it show the 10 or 20 latest added mercs as the default view, but work's been busy lately so I haven't had the bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 21st 2014, 6:54 pm

Yeah I haven't ever used it before. I pull the json from bluestacks and have a look at it manually to get an idea of what the mercs are like straight up and then the wiki is updated within a day or so with the calculated stats.

I definitely hit the refresh button first but I did only search for "Cyclops". I find it slightly amusing that instead of actually trying to play with the tool for 5 mins to work it out, that I attempt to calculate it out myself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 22nd 2014, 9:51 am

Dan: showing your orientation toward engineering again, eh?

General question on Raid dynamics: why do folks fight for trying to MVP the SRB's when they show up (and frequently get beat out by someone else in the process)? Seems to me that if you are truly hunting top points you would be better served using a single mag (or set of 3) to MVP every "3 chevron" boss that surfaces with the MVP still in play for the points differential.

Am I missing something? Better points / mag, almost a 1:1 mag used / mag won from MVP, more frequent occurrence of these over the SRB's, etc ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 22nd 2014, 12:24 pm

Well I have never, ever, scored a MVP vs a Super Raid Boss. If I am very lucky I might get a junior. I usually hit SRB's with 1 mag as they tend to go down quick guaranteed and you get a cell. For a bigger point boost, especially with my damage output, I tend to go for a 3 mag hit on a Level 40 or 50 III boss...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 22nd 2014, 1:36 pm

I generally skip the SRB's unless they are about to go down as the points are about 1/2 of a III boss, and since I get to scramble for points these days, I'm better served with the II & III bosses than wasting the free regen on SRB's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 22nd 2014, 2:30 pm

If you REALLY want an SRB MVP just for the fun of it, if you are lucky enough to spawn a virgin - attack A/O 3-4 times before asking for aid.

Back when I was big-pimpin with my incinerate, golem, and nalacs, I could guarantee MVP (>50% of life) with 3 all-outs on the higher level SRBs.

If you do the math, you might be better off A/Oing to MVP 3 lvl 50 raid bosses.

But there is something magical about a SRB MVP...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 22nd 2014, 2:59 pm

Agreed sphynx, have managed to mvp 3 or so srbs today, 48k points, did require 3 a/o's..

Though you only get about 17k I think for a lvl 50 III, so not alot in it! I only do 10-15mil a/o..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 22nd 2014, 3:46 pm

Hmmmm. I think that I may try to score my first SRB MVP this event with the above strategy. What the hell, it's only ammo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 22nd 2014, 4:24 pm

Z: if you're swimming in ammo ... I have some prime swampland in the Everglades for you ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 22nd 2014, 5:28 pm

If you do it right, you can get SRBs, I guess I will share my tips.

As sphinx said, it is usually easiest if you discover an untouched SRB and then you hit it a few times AO before asking for aid. However, other people can discover your SRB and take it from you. Best way to minimise this is when the screen comes up asking to see if you want to ask others for aid, close it rather then hitting cancel. Then reopen it from your raid bosses list. I find it is faster and it refreshes the status of the SRB so you can tell if someone has stolen it from you. This means you can minimise the mags you waste.

The other thing I usually do is go through the list of raid bosses and look for one that has around 15 mins or a bit under left and is barely damaged. Typically this means that you should have a fairly clear run at it as it has somehow snuck under the radar of the serious players.

You should have a pretty decent chance at snagging a SRB this raid as there are not as many really high dmg players. You do need to be able to do some fairly decent damage yourself though.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oOJJOo
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 12:24 am

Exactly rank 90 :-D. 300 points to 91 haha

Good Job Gamma!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 1:20 am

Thanks for another good raid Team Beta.

This will probably be my last event for a while. I can't be bothered doing next grind - a - thon (Tower) and won't play the next PVP, Raid, Tower cycle either. After that I will see where the game is at and how I feel about playing again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 3:21 am

Take a good rest Dan! You will be missed, so don't forget to stop by here and in game from time to time just say hey!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 3:32 am

Cool dan Smile enjoy your break buddy! Seeya on the flip side!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ongkuba
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 3:53 am

damn JJ gz to ya !the calculation rape me rank 125.........fucking raid but gj team gamma
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 5:50 am

Thanks again to Alpha. Went from Rank 50 to final Rank of 68. I will post more information later today along with the sign-up for the next Tower event. Are we having fun yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NikoZar
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 6:05 am

Thanks Beta !! Logged out 1 minute before the end of the event while i was ranked 38. After recalculation ended up rank 60!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 7:08 am

Ranked 93, I think I'm the last from beta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 8:31 am

I was 27 when I went to bed.. few hours before end, worked out 50odd.. I wanted 6 r1's Sad

Gj all though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 8:40 am

d1fferent wrote:
I was 27 when I went to bed.. few hours before end, worked out 50odd.. I wanted 6 r1's Sad

Gj all though!
Yeah, i've been shouting for some time that FF is not EU-TZ friendly game. They should rotate start/ends of the events like i noticed in some other world-spread mobile games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 10:42 am

TFB: had a job fair and several "game connectivity" issues yesterday as the game was winding down that hampered my contributing more. Ended up jumping from nearly 600 ranking to somewhere around 250.

I was a points leech, and I apologize for not giving more back to your efforts. Picked up about 300 crystals during the event, so if you have any trade ideas (res, or maybe baby F9's) let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 10:47 am

Thank you to everyone in Alpha! I finished at exactly 80. Looking forward to grabbing 3 more Cyclops. The more I look at him, the more I actually like the art. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 24th 2014, 12:27 pm

The cyclops is up. I'm looking to trade mercs for three more copies if anyone is interested...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   

Back to top Go down

TFB - January Raid Event
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3