The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TFB - January Raid Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
exagerratedff
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 4:25 am

May be single buff would make the same as well.. Not sure yet.. ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 5:30 am

Draken has 5 allies already I mean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 5:42 am

@bspervy: Thanks for doing the parse. I was going to go figure that out but you got there first. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 6:22 am

@Amerame: I'll find out what the story is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 7:34 am

Similar problem with nikozor, have the invite sent and pending but no response, though states he was last logged in 25mins ago?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 9:05 am

Gang, you have a limit of 6 or 7 event ally slots across the buckets (pending, requested, and active). If someone is full, does NOT mean they have 5 active allies. Could be they got flooded with requests and haven't tossed the chaff.

Be patient. It's only the first day. It's like the golfers say - Drive for show, putt for dough!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NikoZar
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 11:11 am

I sent you an ally request caya. Received many invite requests and did not clean them...

I'm going to need a 5th ally (zoar, if you can tell me someone, will appreciate it) since Draken messaged me apologizing that he panicked and allied someone else.

At work I can barely check the game, I accepted the first requests in the morning and then I just killed bosses fast from the toilet every hour or so. As soon as I leave work 8 hours later, I check my requests and clean them.

This is the second event in a row I end up with only 4 allies...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 11:14 am

@NikoZar, if he hasn't filled up yet, adchain is a good ally that generally does very well. I used to run with him before TFB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NikoZar
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 11:18 am

"adchain" does not exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 11:20 am

NikoZar wrote:
I sent you an ally request caya. Received many invite requests and did not clean them...

I'm going to need a 5th ally (zoar, if you can tell me someone, will appreciate it) since Draken messaged me apologizing that he panicked and allied someone else.

At work I can barely check the game, I accepted the first requests in the morning and then I just killed bosses fast from the toilet every hour or so. As soon as I leave work 8 hours later, I check my requests and clean them.

This is the second event in a row I end up with only 4 allies...

Good, we are allied now.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 17th 2014, 11:40 am

I just double checked and that is the correct spelling. Guess he is 50/50 on his allies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atg729
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 11:34 am

Anybody need another ally. I'm short of one.
Ign: atg729
Goal: under 100
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 2:26 pm

TFB on the Damage Leaderboard! Probably won't last long....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
ongkuba
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 5:13 pm

At team gamma gj but whats with u hepat? U wait for last days let me know if ure no active this raid so I don't go for
Lethal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 6:16 pm

So does everyone have five event allies now? Maybe for the next event I will create a list of "alternative" players. Some of them are not forum members but past allies of mine, some will be players currently on my 50/50 ally list. Of course they are not subscribed to the TFB charter but they would be better than no ally...if people think this will help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 8:58 pm

I think d1fferent has got himself up in the damage ranking as well at the moment....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 9:41 pm

Pft I doubt that haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 9:46 pm

You are currently 29th on 15.5m. Daedhead is 30th now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 9:50 pm

Kuba: Can't promise much better than the Gamma charter. My wife hates the game and is doing her level best to make playing difficult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 9:55 pm

Haha just checked.. dont think ill exceed that though, my squad is quite simple.. though was with 3 of 4 prims proccing..so could get nearer 16/17 mil if I were v lucky!

Is drake going for L? Ive just been farming so will push if he is, got 690 mags now Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 10:01 pm

He said he wasn't, that he was farming, but he was looking for PS. I traded the only 2 PS I had with him.

Not as though you can really go for an L anyway as the top guys have it all locked out...

Anyone know what the multiplier on the reward R1 is? Or am I going to have to look it up myself.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oOJJOo
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 18th 2014, 10:19 pm

Ok just dropped out of the top 15 (sMILEforJJ currently 17) and i don't think i will get back in.
Too many Players buying the Event Epics. I'm new in the game and already hate pirates :-D.

But i think Top 20-30 should be easy with farming mags. Gogo Team Gamma!!

Ongkuba if you're going for L say it, then i will try to help you a bit more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ongkuba
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 5:36 am

na man u do enought! and i got only 120 ac res so its not enought to attack for lethals but i try to keep us in the 20-30 ranking! keep up the good work!
the fff and pirates are hard to beat if u dont fight with e m:)!
so letz farm the rare mercs and lets attack next raid amigo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 6:51 am

Theoretically this raid should have lower points for the L as Phoenix do not seem to be having a go this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 9:12 am

Still hard to push for one if you don't have all your allies going for at least top 30-40 as well without putting crazy efforts in. Still in farm mode and should crawl up some 40 or 50 ranks as well the next few days. Would mean 5 gammas ending top 75 .. said before gamma looks strong this time. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 11:19 am

^tell that to daboss. He's been in the top 12 this entire event while the res of us are top 100 and 200.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 11:37 am

Not saying it is impossible but during the last days the gap between lets say rank 15 and 80 increases extremely. So if you are fighting for that L with only sollid allies you have to pull quite some points extras compared to lets say the pirates around that rank who will most likely get twice as much ally points as you, as they are all in the same region.

daboss, sMILEfotJJ, drakezane and ongkuba are top 30 so far this event. ucsdelton sits at 35 just now. If they were together they may even had a fighting chance. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drakezane93
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 12:22 pm

I guess I have to fess up to being an a-hole. I was impatient and didn't wait for all of my allies to accept my requests, and quickly accepted a couple others. My apologies to NikoZar and Amerame it won't happen again, and if things go well for me I will try to make up for it.

d1ifferent I'm not sure if I want to push or not I have a nice stockpile of mags as well but if the pirates really do have it locked down then I would hate to waste them all, How many points do you think it would take when all is said and done to get 15th.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 12:37 pm

Hard to judge.
Also not sure how Beta all around stands just now, but see it this way:
You can assume that the people you are fighting for an L almost all have only top 30 allies.
Rank 30 is at ~500k just now. I am 91th with 270k. So if you have allies around my rank the difference in points you get from allies already is 5 x 50k - 5 x 27k = 115k.
And this gap gets only bigger the longer the event goes and you have to somehow make up for the missing points on your own.
But those fighting for a L play pretty much themself, so its hard to gain ground compared to them.

I like the casual charakter of TFB and don't know how much additional effort that would be for Zoar, but maybe there is an opportunity to check if some are willing to go for a L and if there are enough group them together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oOJJOo
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 12:52 pm

bspervy wrote:
Still hard to push for one if you don't have all your allies going for at least top 30-40 as well without putting crazy efforts in. Still in farm mode and should crawl up some 40 or 50 ranks as well the next few days. Would mean 5 gammas ending top 75 .. said before gamma looks strong this time. Wink

Yeah really strong for a <500 team :-).

I'm in farm mode too atm. Probably losing some ranks to rank 25-30 now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 12:57 pm

Guys, that was what the FFF group in the forum was for - hunting the elusive L's.

Zoar, Aceslifebegins (Frank - rest in peace my good friend), and I decided that we were sick of having points leaches and decided to get a group of us together with a common goal (100, 200, whatever). Since we weren't going after L's we decided to name the group "Team Fug Bug" because there was a running joke that you ALWAYS got a Fug Bug when you pulled a pack of cards - so TFB was born.

If you want to go harder than your group's charter, more power to you. If you want to go after an L, then hook up with the gang that have generally posted for the FFF thread. Most of them are still playing and are more competitive (have the time & resources) in searching out the elusive L during the events.

Lastly, apologies in advance to Gamma - I can't reach up as high as you guys are doing and now it appears that since I'm not keeping pace, I'm not pulling my weight. Sorry, but if you wanted to 50, or top 25, you should have done FFF.

Zoar: maybe you need Zeta & Theta squads for those of us that enjoy playing at a more leisurely pace and actually play to the charter (250, 500, or whatever is set). Perhaps we could get folks like Duavae, Ravendill, Dillicious, Fresh, and others to return back to the group instead of those of us below the 300 mark being shunned or shamed into lurking. Would also get newer players like Min that don't want to disappoint veterans with a 300 - 500 performance. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Carpe Diem!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oOJJOo
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 1:13 pm

@Heptathlete:

No problem! You said you can't play that often and everyone is fine with it.
We still should end in Top 30-90. And even if you keep your actual pace you will end in Top 175-300 with all these Ally Points. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drakezane93
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 1:28 pm

I never planned on going for the L, but by being in the top 30 for a good portion of the event, just from farming, I would think with a nice stockpile I might be able to pull a quick one at the end or something. I don't expect any of my allies to push harder than the predetermined goal. Just trying to get some feedback is all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 1:39 pm

Drake: when the SRB's start up & then the points boosts over the last 24-48 hrs, the gaps between top 10 and 15th grow, and the gaps spanning 15 - 20 get enormous.

There are some older threads that dan, mammon, nyc and others did some analysis on the event points and the numbers are obscene! We've lost several good players (lginn, lakson, etc) that just didn't want to live on their phone to be competitive.

If I see you have some bosses hanging, I'll certainly mag them to help out (and maybe get some points in the process ...).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 1:44 pm

You get it wrong Hept, nobody shunned you.
I went gamma from the very first time i joined, sticked to it and always know what to expect from every single ally by now and am happy with it. That's why i proposed gamma will be strong this time. Wink

I also don't think those placing much higher this event have plans to hunt for an L every single event in the future, let alone even this one. Else they would and like you said really should join the Pirates or FFF.
Just thought it would be nice to give those who see an opportunity every now and then to compete a tad more serious the chance to do so by grouping them together in a more casual enviroment if that is possible.

As said, if you're determined to chase an L TFB might not be the best choice, but this event we have at least 6 in the top 50, if they'd be in one squad those who are willing might have tried to experience how rough the competition up there is without comitting to hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ongkuba
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 5:12 pm

So for me it's the first time too to fight with the tfbs and its a honour and the reason why I joined gamma cause I don't know how strong the rest is ! I think u must pay for event mercs and have at least ,150-200 at res ! And 5 other Allies which have the same or do their best to push ! Maybe we will find such fighters here too and zoar can open a lethal squad !

So u should have 4 Event Mercs 1 Pusher and 200 at res for These grp! If we find 5 more with These conditions u have a realistis Chance to fight for Place 15! For the Rest ....take it easy and push the Weaker Allies! BTW Jj i Farm to Allies with u again really good Job keep on the good work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 19th 2014, 6:31 pm

Agreed, and I wasn't saying that I was being shunned. Some of the newbies have voiced in PM's that they want to play a while before reaching out to TFB.

That's not what TFB was about. If you wanted to go for top 100 (or whatever), TFB was a group that could group players with similar targets. If someone that's only been playing a month, and is getting rankings of 100 - 300 with marginal allies, then TFB is where you can find others with similar goals (and during raids, play during similar times) to support one another.

It would be hard for y'all to shun me. Except maybe Legendslayer and the other "superusers" that have the tools to do so.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oOJJOo
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 3:48 am

My mercs are way too weak to compete with the Top. So i just want to farm some R1 Mercs and upgrade my squad. Only playing since last raid so i'm fine with how it goes.

Btw what non event epic squad is best for raid? Wis based or Atk based?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 4:32 am

What sort of an answer are you really after?

The best Epic raid squad is probably 5 incinerates, 4 Golems/Santas which is probably worth in total 2k AC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 4:45 am

which is totally worth it since that squad can be competitive without savages, saving you hundreds of dollars in savages each raid you want to be competitive in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 5:47 am

What is the multiplier on the epic?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 5:55 am

4*150%
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d1fferent
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 6:34 am

Drake whats your plan bud? I can push hard if need be, but im a little cautious as it could only be me and you pushing! Id rather neither of our hard farmed res go to waste!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 6:38 am

I'll have a shot at top 45 if you want.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NikoZar
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 11:13 am

Last raid we synched some SRB's. We saw someone from our group going for it and we downed it fast. got myself 3-5 SRB mvp that way (and that was not trying hard).

Too bad I have less savages this time. I think I'll stop trying for srb mvp when they reach lvl 30.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 12:20 pm

Good idea Niko! Plan your mag usage and cooperate for the good of all.

Like the updates Legend & mammon have done on the wiki ... until recently. What's up with that? Self interest, too much to do & too little time, or something else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 1:45 pm

Raidin' ... raidin' ... raidin' ...
Keep those mercs a' raidin' ...
Raidin' on to victory ...

RAWHIDE !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 5:21 pm

If anyone needs some motivation to push a bit harder, I may have it. Now, I have never tried calcing out the stats for an evo'd merc before, so I am not sure that this is 100% right. Seeing as the Wiki isn't being updated and neither is the parser I thought I would give it a shot. Basically the R1 reward is a much better n'alac. Same skill, significantly better stats.

This is what I came up with:
PE Stats: 14986.399 16482.726 11676.944 11210.613 13536.869

Last edited by danthepirate on January 20th 2014, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 5:27 pm

Yeah. Last rewards r much better then old ones. Super higj stats seem to be new dakota style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   January 20th 2014, 5:56 pm

There has been some talk in the past about a TFB lethal squad. But we all kind of decided that was not the essence of TFB. That is why I made the Charter. I have always thought that TFB is like college football. Play here for a few seasons and then “graduate” on to the NFL (aka Lethal hunting teams).

I think that what has been happening recently is that the three squads are full of good players. Most of us have reached the point of being able to finish in the top non-lethal bracket during all events-even as free players. So when you look at a squad and everyone is < 100, you kind of wonder why the guideline is < 250. But I don’t want to lower the limit as that might act as a deterrent to new players who want to join. Thus what I try to do is group returning players in the same squads. The system is not perfect but we do what we can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFB - January Raid Event   

Back to top Go down

TFB - January Raid Event
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next