The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 WTF is Whirling defense

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
caya
Rare
Rare


Posts : 272
Join date : 2013-09-10

PostSubject: WTF is Whirling defense   February 11th 2014, 6:52 am

It has just started and Im rank 2... call it the end pls Smile. Seems like MM is fixed and im getting decent opponents again.
BTW, the skill on event reward is weird... i wonder if the merc is gonna get no damage at all when smashed hard, or just damage reduced.
Also, whoever get the first R1 from point, could he post his lvl1 stats here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare


Posts : 248
Join date : 2013-10-05

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 11th 2014, 7:25 am

The E reward seems uter crap, should have been a double skill merc, with 3x100% or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare


Posts : 272
Join date : 2013-09-10

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 12th 2014, 8:18 am

While matchups are being quite fine, im having ridiculous proc rates during matches and loosing to far weaker teams. So this aspect of the game has not changed. It never will i guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic
avatar

Posts : 890
Join date : 2013-03-16
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 12th 2014, 7:38 pm

I'm just having a hard time getting matches. I swear to god I pass 7-8 empty spaces every time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
heptathlete
Epic
Epic


Posts : 1503
Join date : 2013-07-12
Location : TX no longer ... now FL (7psoGP)

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 13th 2014, 1:48 am

Mine's just silly. I've got a battle set for fight 16 with the following selection:

Ryach: L (Torpid) - L (??) - L (Tideslayer) - Lurker - L (Nox)
deveous2: F9 - Televangelist - Cyclops - Lurker - Archangel (epic)
Godzbeast: Lurker - Lurker - Dutch - Lurker - Lurker

WTF?? I'm currently running:

Cannonback - Switchblade - Archangel (epic) - Blue Wasp - F9 with a back row of
empty - Junker War Marshall - Blue Wasp - Switchblade - Dutch

I can understand there's an algorithm that kicks these things out, but really? I was letting the timer run down as I didn't want to restart the points chase and got dropped by the game. When I reentered the timer expired (GO FIGURE!), and my next step was another battle with the deveous2 sitting as the 1st option this time. When I couldn't change anything on the screen (FROZEN AGAIN), I pulled the battery and tried a 3rd time to get by this madness. Been trying to get back in for over an hour, so I guess I'll post this and add to it whenever I actually get in.

Ugh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic


Posts : 1503
Join date : 2013-07-12
Location : TX no longer ... now FL (7psoGP)

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 13th 2014, 1:52 am

Well, here's the update:

New set dropped ryach (sorry bud) and switched him (maybe her, I dunno) out for Sirius 5482's squad: Lurker - Artemis - Lurker - Artemis - Lurker. Oh, and GodzBeast swapped out a Lurker (now only 3) for a Cyclops ... o' joy!

I guess it's time to go back to 3-merc squads.  Don't even want to think about what group I get dropped into near the end of the event.

Double Ugh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FetusPosition
Uncommon
Uncommon
avatar

Posts : 60
Join date : 2014-01-19
Location : USA/Philippines

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 13th 2014, 12:24 pm

Cyclops is a monster.. he is so flexible in any team combo that it scares me to battle anyone who has him in their lineup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ronaldcalica.blogspot.com
heptathlete
Epic
Epic


Posts : 1503
Join date : 2013-07-12
Location : TX no longer ... now FL (7psoGP)

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 14th 2014, 1:17 am

heptathlete wrote:
Well, here's the update:

New set dropped ryach (sorry bud) and switched him (maybe her, I dunno) out for Sirius 5482's squad: Lurker - Artemis - Lurker - Artemis - Lurker.  Oh, and GodzBeast swapped out a Lurker (now only 3) for a Cyclops ... o' joy!

I guess it's time to go back to 3-merc squads.  Don't even want to think about what group I get dropped into near the end of the event.

Double Ugh!

Well, time for an update ... since the circle jerk would not cease until I picked a fight. So I decided to poke the bear, so to speak ... and went after GodzBeast.

Fetus wasn't too far off, but it was the infernal Lurker's chainpulsing that chewed me up and spit out the bones. I even tried a sneaky, pseudo-turtle team (Cannon - Junker - Wasp - wasp - F9) and they just kept chipping away at the edges until there were no edges left - only the soft, gooey underbelly.

... goes off licking his wounds ... again  Sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
avatar

Posts : 797
Join date : 2013-04-28
Location : Maine (EST) 7DhfSz

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 17th 2014, 12:41 pm

OK. This is starting to get silly. My Group has 16:24:30 left to play. The top 4 promotions are already filled with players that have earned 1,000,000 points already. At this point in time, I would need over 255,000 pts just to take Rank 6, the last "No Title Change" spot. WTF? Are we literally down to just forum members playing this game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1371
Join date : 2013-01-05

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 17th 2014, 1:02 pm

You should have been in my group yesterday. Top two spots had 9m points each by the end of the day. Third place had 4m and i eeked out a single promo with about 3m points. Two players with 1.5m and 2m kept their titles while a few players that put up 1m+ points got demoted. It was ugly.

Makes me wonder if it's even physically possible to rack up 9m points a day. It's strongly hinting at account sharing and possible res farming bots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1948
Join date : 2013-02-14
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, MO

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 17th 2014, 1:04 pm

I've learned if you want an easy ^^^ just go for double promos last 3 days. Puts you in fairly easy groups the whole time and you don't get stuck playing just to keep from being demoted . Uses a lot less Res.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devildriver
Uncommon
Uncommon
avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 17th 2014, 6:23 pm

I put 10 mil in day not through cheating hacking botting just 15hrs and counting of play yes im sad and have no life but thats wot u gotta do to b on top. Im a very proud man and wouldnt play a game if i had to cheat to win i came to play ff from bb for that exact reason speedhackers. For the res part i started the event at a little over 1300mags ive spent that and started using ac i will prob b rnd 250ac by the end dont question my morals im not a cheat and glad to see that ppl dont speak to the person first b4 accusing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1371
Join date : 2013-01-05

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 17th 2014, 7:20 pm

Devildriver wrote:
i came to play ff from bb for that exact reason speedhackers.

That's exactly what I'm worried about. Since this is an exact clone of BB architecture-wise, who's to say it's not happening here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1948
Join date : 2013-02-14
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, MO

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 17th 2014, 9:52 pm

Hackers that didn't make it in BB always end up here at ff. Usually we see them join as a team but its really just one to 2 people behind all the screen names. Also no one mentioned anyone specific that I saw...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic


Posts : 862
Join date : 2013-05-05
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 17th 2014, 11:34 pm

@Legend: None of the daily totals that are being put up here are impossible. I have seen a number of respected players in FF put up big totals and no one until now has questioned it.

Go ask mamoncrief the most he has put up in a day, and he will tell you as he has told me, he has done 12m. I have seen Lord Rasen put up 10m in the first 8 hours of a day and then put up another couple million later on for good measure. Strapavelli might be a contentious subject but no one seemed to care when he would play for 24 hours straight and put up big totals.

You guys are basically putting a question mark over the entire top 10 of the rankings because for whatever reason, you think it is not physically possible to put up these daily totals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thordain
Common
Common


Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-12-15

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 12:08 am

Thalstin also put up 12m yesterday. There's two in my quo up with over 10 already. It's not hard to do if you want it. I have 8 today already. Took me 10 hours but so what. I'm sure I'll have 12m by the end of event since I'll be playing another 5 hours straight on top of the 10 I've already put in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic


Posts : 1503
Join date : 2013-07-12
Location : TX no longer ... now FL (7psoGP)

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 12:16 am

Devildriver wrote:
I put 10 mil in day not through cheating hacking botting just 15hrs and counting of play yes im sad and have no life but thats wot u gotta do to b on top. Im a very proud man and wouldnt play a game if i had to cheat to win i came to play ff from bb for that exact reason speedhackers. For the res part i started the event at a little over 1300mags ive spent that and started using ac i will prob b rnd 250ac by the end dont question my morals im not a cheat and glad to see that ppl dont speak to the person first b4 accusing

DUDE! That is some serious commitment. 15 hours of time, 1300 mags, 250 AC, and some obscene number of PS to keep cycling the regions. Wow! Now I know the only way I'm landing a Lethal is via trades.

Way to go DD! If you want to toss any of the crystals, I know of at least a few of the less fortunate players that would welcome a satchel of the stones.

Best of luck in your fight for the elusive L!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
avatar

Posts : 797
Join date : 2013-04-28
Location : Maine (EST) 7DhfSz

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 5:51 am

In my original post, I was not pointing any fingers at people. Just making an observation that with the horde of lower level players gone, it is getting impossible for me to hang with the "hard core" players. To the players who have the time and resources to put up 10 mil. points a day-I am impressed. It is something that I will never do...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare


Posts : 272
Join date : 2013-09-10

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 6:05 am

When being optimistic, 10k points per mag should be reasonable. Every day one gets 96 mags for free. Every third victory is for free (not counting double mag bonus for 18-30 win streaks). So to earn 10M points, one needs to score 1000 wins (1000 mags). So i would need stockpile of 7x((1000*0.3)-96) mags for whole event which is about 4k mags. Where is my math wrong?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devildriver
Uncommon
Uncommon
avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 7:03 am

caya wrote:
When being optimistic, 10k points per mag should be reasonable. Every day one gets 96 mags for free. Every third victory is for free (not counting double mag bonus for 18-30 win streaks). So to earn 10M points, one needs to score 1000 wins (1000 mags). So i would need stockpile of 7x((1000*0.3)-96) mags for whole event which is about 4k mags. Where is my math wrong?
10k per mag is really low maybe first couple of days. ur looking at 15k+ per mag from day 3 obvs point boost is big factor in that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare


Posts : 272
Join date : 2013-09-10

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 7:11 am

Devildriver wrote:
caya wrote:
When being optimistic, 10k points per mag should be reasonable. Every day one gets 96 mags for free. Every third victory is for free (not counting double mag bonus for 18-30 win streaks). So to earn 10M points, one needs to score 1000 wins (1000 mags). So i would need stockpile of 7x((1000*0.3)-96) mags for whole event which is about 4k mags. Where is my math wrong?
10k per mag is really low maybe first couple of days. ur looking at 15k+ per mag from day 3 obvs point boost is big factor in that

Point boost gives you 20-25k per win for streak above 12 or so, right? And u dont always win even with super L team so i guessed it as pure average. But i could be missing some bonus somewhere. I noticed many times that i received more points than the match should give.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devildriver
Uncommon
Uncommon
avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 7:20 am

caya wrote:
Devildriver wrote:
caya wrote:
When being optimistic, 10k points per mag should be reasonable. Every day one gets 96 mags for free. Every third victory is for free (not counting double mag bonus for 18-30 win streaks). So to earn 10M points, one needs to score 1000 wins (1000 mags). So i would need stockpile of 7x((1000*0.3)-96) mags for whole event which is about 4k mags. Where is my math wrong?
10k per mag is really low maybe first couple of days. ur looking at 15k+ per mag from day 3 obvs point boost is big factor in that

Point boost gives you 20-25k per win for streak above 12 or so, right? And u dont always win even with super L team so i guessed it as pure average. But i could be missing some bonus somewhere. I noticed many times that i received more points than the match should give.

Yes 20-25k after 12 was the norm after the first few days, i was getting 30k fight after 21. think i lost maybe 20 times during event and i dont have the best squad just about picking right fights
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic


Posts : 862
Join date : 2013-05-05
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 7:24 am

Assume you win every match which is fair enough as some of these guys are losing less than 5 matches per day.

Each win costs you .5 mags (from streak bonuses). 96 mags from regen, 20 mags from daily wins and I think 7 mags from group bonus. Using 15k as the avg points we need 666 wins (this is actually slightly higher than what was happening in reality). The 666 wins cost 333 mags but we gain 123 per day so it costs 210 mags a day.

Let's talk time required. Getting 12 wins in 9 minutes is pretty doable as it's the minimum of what you want to get in a point boost. If you could keep that rate up, it would take 8.3 hours of continuous play at a rate of 1.2m an hour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1371
Join date : 2013-01-05

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 8:00 am

Chalk up another event where the epic rewards are garbage (going for 1 ac each right now) and the lethal rewards are astronomically priced (450ac for a v1? fuck that). The power gap just keeps growing and growing giving new players no chance at competing. I'm getting sick of this bullshit. (This coming from one of the players who could actually afford to buy the lethal if I wanted).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devildriver
Uncommon
Uncommon
avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 8:31 am

legendslayer wrote:
Chalk up another event where the epic rewards are garbage (going for 1 ac each right now) and the lethal rewards are astronomically priced (450ac for a v1? fuck that). The power gap just keeps growing and growing giving new players no chance at competing. I'm getting sick of this bullshit. (This coming from one of the players who could actually afford to buy the lethal if I wanted).
New players dont stand a chance lol
I started playing f-9 gates and finished rank 1 in this pvp amd there where others that finished top 8 that started after me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare


Posts : 272
Join date : 2013-09-10

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 8:34 am

... unless they pay few thousands real money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare


Posts : 272
Join date : 2013-09-10

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 8:50 am

Also, how can any1 go through the event with so few losses without using full auto? I have had so many fights against much weaker opponents (even during the very first trio matches) lost due to no-proc / full proc phenomenon. And the dependence for a good chance must be even bigger in full L matches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
avatar

Posts : 573
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 9:23 am

Arthainius wrote:
I've learned if you want an easy ^^^ just go for double promos last 3 days. Puts you in fairly easy groups the whole time and you don't get stuck playing just to keep from being demoted . Uses a lot less Res.

I was in the 1.1 group yesterday and got the double promo with 325K points. Ended at 1.16, and I did the bare minimum to keep my rank once I hit 1.1 in the middle of the event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic


Posts : 1503
Join date : 2013-07-12
Location : TX no longer ... now FL (7psoGP)

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 10:12 am

Devildriver wrote:
legendslayer wrote:
Chalk up another event where the epic rewards are garbage (going for 1 ac each right now) and the lethal rewards are astronomically priced (450ac for a v1? fuck that). The power gap just keeps growing and growing giving new players no chance at competing. I'm getting sick of this bullshit. (This coming from one of the players who could actually afford to buy the lethal if I wanted).
New players dont stand a chance lol
I started playing f-9 gates and finished rank 1 in this pvp amd there where others that finished top 8 that started after me

Congrats DD on your efforts.

Also, longer term players that can't follow the formula of the optimal play model (i.e. quite a few in the forum) have no chance too. When you can only offer the game a few hours per day during the events, getting better than 500 becomes a stretch.

Also, I've NEVER been able to get 12 matches in a 10 minute points boost. Could be that my phone regularly drops the game (or vice versa), but even getting 6 matches before I receive a turd sandwich is a stretch.

For those that can allocate 15 - 20 hours per day over the duration of an event - good for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic


Posts : 1503
Join date : 2013-07-12
Location : TX no longer ... now FL (7psoGP)

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 10:15 am

sphynx187 wrote:
Arthainius wrote:
I've learned if you want an easy ^^^ just go for double promos last 3 days. Puts you in fairly easy groups the whole time and you don't get stuck playing just to keep from being demoted . Uses a lot less Res.

I was in the 1.1 group yesterday and got the double promo with 325K points. Ended at 1.16, and I did the bare minimum to keep my rank once I hit 1.1 in the middle of the event.

Art & Sphynx: excellent suggestion for future PVP. I noticed if I sat back early, the following day(s) were much easier too.

Farmin' ... Farmin' ... Farmin' ... RAWHIDE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NikoZar
Uncommon
Uncommon


Posts : 75
Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 11:53 am

Just for the record: got double promo on last day with 330k points aswell (RL sucks).

I usually get double promo first day, then I keep my title, next day normal promos till last day where I get double promo too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic
avatar

Posts : 797
Join date : 2013-04-28
Location : Maine (EST) 7DhfSz

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 1:02 pm

It seems like all I had was bad luck over the course of this event. Every group I was in was loaded with players who hit well over 1 mil. points excluding me from any chance at a double promotion. Maybe the format for PVP should be changed to just give out promotions. Demotions are so negative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markmolina777
Rare
Rare
avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 18th 2014, 5:49 pm

i did not play for the first 2 days and still finished with a 1.2 modifier if you dont play early on you get such easier groups Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare
avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : New Jersey (EST) 7G1pGw

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 19th 2014, 2:47 am

OK so back to the topic of Whirling Defense. It looks like it stops you just short of dying. I only got hit once before I cleared the enemies so I don't know if a second hit would have knocked him out anyway. Looks like it will have a 70% proc rate by the time you max it out, but it doesn't seem a very worthwhile skill to me. Would have been much better to couple that with some attack skill.

Thanks for the tips in the above posts. I'll try some for the next PVP event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoncrief
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1818
Join date : 2013-02-01
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 19th 2014, 2:57 am

Yeah the whole "don't get one shotted!" skill was tried in BB and sucked. It has a little more potential here since there is such a higher damage cap (cyclops with 21k atk?). But this first foray into the skill is a giant flop.

If they had designed him like this instead, he would slide nicely right into the meta game-

Single action, Double Skill

Stats : 16K hp, 15k str, 14k def, 12k wis, 13k agility (roughly OPE stats)

First Skill: Whirling Attack- deal 150% attack to 3 clustered enemies
Second Skill: Whirling Defense- Prevent Massive damage when over 40% health
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic
avatar

Posts : 573
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 19th 2014, 11:05 am

What's the point of surviving a Siren proc when the rest of your team dies? So you can lightly slap her wrist before getting okubongoed into oblivion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare
avatar

Posts : 245
Join date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   February 19th 2014, 11:41 am

On the bright side......he is really easy to level. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: WTF is Whirling defense   

Back to top Go down
 
WTF is Whirling defense
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Defense laser question.
» Rune Cannon Planetary Defense Weapon: WIP
» Explosive Defense Mechanism
» Infinite Defense
» Wasteland Defense/RTS thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatal Frontier Forum :: Fatal Frontier :: Events-
Jump to: