The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TFB - March Raid Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 28th 2014, 11:56 am

hey guys! sorry i was quiet so long. had massive problems with my internet here at home and could just play for about 1h at work. now the problems seem fixed and i can start this event Very Happy

looks like a great R reward - not a new cyclops, but should be awesome in raid and from backrow in pvp.

sorry nando! i didnt find you ingame, didnt get an invite from you and was just so short online past days that i took a long-time ally in last position. (i need to get him to the forum finaly!). next time bro!

BETA!! doing great guys! all around 50-150, with hopefully some reserves for the last days.
btw: Anyone of you has line? would be great if we could coordinate some attack-timeslots for the SRBs - synchronized killing would boost us greatly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 28th 2014, 3:25 pm

Beta has 2 top 30 dmg dealer! Yay us
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 28th 2014, 3:27 pm

Zoar, I'd be up for discussing a new TFB logo, start a thread!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 28th 2014, 3:28 pm

where can i find the dmg rankings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 28th 2014, 4:18 pm

In details menu with several event options ( story, battling event bosses etc...) u will wind ranking option (second from bottom). Click it and when u see the rank list, click ranking bar again and choose dmg rank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 29th 2014, 4:50 am

Super boss are here about time been saving my res , time to rank up...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 29th 2014, 9:33 am

DaedHead8 wrote:
Zoar, I'd be up for discussing a new TFB logo, start a thread!

"BY YOUR COMMAND"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 29th 2014, 7:32 pm

Sorry to bother everyone again about this, but I am still short one ally. I am very grateful to those who have responded to my ally requests, posts and PMs. Is there anyone else out there that has a slot open to include me? I have some non-TFB L70ish player that sent me a request and I am tempted to just take him on since it seems that no one else here has room, but I wanted to try one last time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 30th 2014, 10:31 am

Beta team here are the Times for Super Raidboss :- +1 if in EU

30th 16:00-17:00, 23:00-01:00
31st 05:00-06:00, 19:00-20:00,
1st   00:00-02:00, 06:00,07:00, 11:00-12:00, 16:00-17:00, 20:00-22:00
2nd   02:00-03:00

just in case anyone whats to hit the early morning runs lol

Last edited by nottoc on March 31st 2014, 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 30th 2014, 9:32 pm

Not sure if it is worth any of you guys trying for SRBs.

It seems to be the case that if you don't have savages you have a very slim chance of actually MVPing a SRB.

From my observations, it seemed to me that there used to be a quota of SRBs per hour during a session with probably a 9/10 chance of spawning one vs a regular boss. This meant that in the first 30 mins of a session, all the SRBs would get spawned and in the final 30 mins there would be none left to spawn. Because there were so many SRBs to kill at once, all the L runners with their savage teams were not able to steal MVP on all the bosses and I personally would get maybe 4-5 MVPs per session.

It seems as though it doesn't work like that any more. The chance to spawn an SRB is much lower (some of the guys running for L are reporting somewhere around a 1/6 chance to spawn a SRB vs a regular boss) which means the bosses are spawning right across the sessions as they aren't running out as fast. This means that between the L runners, they are pretty much able to steal MVP on all the bosses. I have had it happen numerous times where I will discover a SRB and hit it once and before I have finished attacking it, it will have been killed.

Anyways, I have wasted a fair amount of mags trying to MVP SRBs so far and I think I have only MVPd 1. Just trying to help you guys not waste mags like me....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 2:39 am

^^
On the other hand, i managed to MVP SRB for the first time ever. \o/ Wasted a bit of mags too though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 3:55 am

Agreed, if you can't one shot 50% of the hp, it seems a losing strat to go for MVP SRB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 7:29 am

thx caya - found it! amerame and you do a lot of damage :Dim still 4mio dmg behind... just doing 18mio in best case. but the past 36h just about 8-9mio on full auto att... god damn proc manipulation...

danthepirate is right (in my opinion). if you cant do 25% dmg with 1hit, you have no chance to mvp the srbs as they are dead by then.. burned 30 mags or so trying to mvp them, but then always someone appears to one-shot mvp them -.- ,,|,,
too bad, there was a time i could steal 5-10 srbs each event booming me into the sub45 ranks. although i have a much better squad now, i have no chance to kill em. so we have to settle with sub90 (and i have to keep looking for a MM and an incinarate.. or perhaps this new R reward will fill the gap o0...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 7:56 am

I did have a thought about the situation, which was that while the SRBs are on, just try to tag bosses that you discover (if you can discover fairly decent ones). Basically the guys going for L will kill everything they discover, so if they discover your boss (and the chance of this happening during SRB is quite high) it is likely you can get a JMVP from a single mag attack (and you will get this back with the discovery reward).

This can work at various 'peak' times of the day as well but I have found it a bit hit and miss lately with the reduced player numbers.

@kornsteiner: I was finding doing 25% dmg of the SRB just isn't enough (my damage range being ~9m to 29m). Amerame is on the money in my opinion with what he said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 10:26 am

danthepirate wrote:
I did have a thought about the situation, which was that while the SRBs are on, just try to tag bosses that you discover (if you can discover fairly decent ones). Basically the guys going for L will kill everything they discover, so if they discover your boss (and the chance of this happening during SRB is quite high) it is likely you can get a JMVP from a single mag attack (and you will get this back with the discovery reward).

This can work at various 'peak' times of the day as well but I have found it a bit hit and miss lately with the reduced player numbers.

@kornsteiner: I was finding doing 25% dmg of the SRB just isn't enough (my damage range being ~9m to 29m). Amerame is on the money in my opinion with what he said.

Assuming your single mag gives you a fair amount of damage you can get JMVP. For the point differential I don't even waste time on the SRB unless it's down under half when I see it. Then it's a tradeoff of lower points than I could get from a 3 chevron boss vs. the certainty that the SRB is going down.

Single tagging a boss and assuming someone else will finish him off for the MVP & 2nd mag is very much like Dan states - a hit or miss proposition. If your goal is mag accumulation, then using the "free" mags to stockpile for later this works well. If the goal is points accumulation, then focus on 3 chevron bosses (produces 2k - 8k in points), and periodically sneak in on SRBs (certain points & occasionally the killing blow reward).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 11:20 am

I agree with the above posters. I think Dakota did some funny stuff behind the scenes during this event. Trying to MVP a SRB without a squad of savages no longer works. Beyond what is stated above, I have an additional observation. In my opinion, once you "attack" a SRB, the outcome is computed. At that moment, the SRB you are beating on is then displayed to other players running around the event zone-with a health bar that reflects the damage you are currently inflicting. Thus when you attack, the game rolls the dice and says that you will do 10,453 points of damage (for example). Then it immediately tosses out that SRB for other people to "discover" with a health of Starting Points - 10,453. Then the game proc manipulates your squad to make you match the pre-determined damage and you get to watch the animation of your squad fighting the SRB. As a real example of this, I discovered a "virgin" SRB. I did a full Auto attack. As soon as my battle was over, I went right to the final rewards page. It stated I was the Junior MVP as another Top 10 player had MVP'd the SRB boss in one hit while I was in my battle.

Anyone else seen this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 3:08 pm

^^ To me that's better than hitting a boss, getting tossed, and when you can FINALLY get back in the timer expired.

Since I've lost many points over to months due to service interruptions, I'm glad they have devised a way where I could still get points when I'm stuck off-line.

"little d" just became "Little d" in my book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 3:10 pm

Zoar1984 wrote:
 As a real example of this, I discovered a "virgin" SRB.  I did a full Auto attack.  As soon as my battle was over, I went right to the final rewards page.  It stated I was the Junior MVP as another Top 10 player had MVP'd the SRB boss in one hit while I was in my battle.

Anyone else seen this?

That sucks dude!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 3:35 pm

I just hit as many as i can with 1 mag, this works out at day one of SRB as 1500 per one so 4500 points if no allies have hit it. This increases each day as the points go up. I find this is more cost affective that try to be MVP on the later boss's, i have to put two full attacks in to make mvp for about 10k return and then someone has to finnish it off, with SRB they nearly also get killed these days i can't remember the last time it timed out were as this happens on the normal boss's. It may be my team isnt as strong as some of yours but its seams to work out for me :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markmolina777
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 7:21 pm

Its Just Not Worth It Anymore Just Pass Up The srb's and just hit your normal bosses and u will save a lot of mags I have been hovering around 200 mags not gaining or losing just playing it smart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 7:29 pm

If you want to go sub 90 and you have a fairly solid team, coming out at least 200 mags ahead is quite doable.

I am trying to go sub 45 with ally points that will end up being between 100k and 150k. I am up 50 mags at the moment but by the end I will be even.

So 1 extra R reward will have cost me 200 - 250 mags. I haven't decided if it is worth it yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 9:21 pm

I'm basically in the same boat as Dan. Currently in the 55-60 rank zone. Earned mags but spent them down so I about +25 from where I started the event. So do I push with 25 mags and hope my TFB ally points can push me below 45? Or do I save the 25 mags and farm/maintain for the remainder of the event using my ally points to keep me in this bracket? The only gain would be, as Dan said, one extra reward merc...way to incentivize me Dakota.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   March 31st 2014, 10:09 pm

@zoar: I think it depends on how many ally points you have to cash in at the end. The other thing is, what else are you going to do with the mags, if not use them to save you resources/mercs that you won't have to trade for Rs to complete your set?

At the moment to 100% make sure of getting sub 45 or less I would have to be ~700k points in front of 46th. At the moment I am only 500k points in front. It's just hard to know what's going on with people collecting ally points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 1:30 am

Very true on the ally points conundrum. I think it's more about the time commitment rather than the mags / resources. To get that additional 200K jump on the guy one step below you would be synonymous to lapping a racer in one of the very long auto races.

It can be done but you've got to think of it this way - each battle that is worth spit averages between 2K - 8K in points. To "lap" him you would have to get an extra 25 - 100 battles more than him. If he's at 46, that's going to be very hard.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 1:36 am

...or get lucky on 2 LVL 50 SRBs......

@heptathlete: Not entirely correct with your points values. To MVP a decent boss should get you 10 -14k points. You may have to hit it a couple of times but it's doable. You just have to sit down for a couple of hours and grind it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 1:41 am

Zoar1984 wrote:
I'm basically in the same boat as Dan.  Currently in the 55-60 rank zone.  Earned mags but spent them down so I about +25 from where I started the event.  So do I push with 25 mags and hope my TFB ally points can push me below 45?  Or do I save the 25 mags and farm/maintain for the remainder of the event using my ally points to keep me in this bracket?  The only gain would be, as Dan said, one extra reward merc...way to incentivize me Dakota.

Zoar: can you see any of the other players in the range above you to see what points are already showing for those places? For example, do any of your allies sit near those spots? That way you can see that Ally XYZ has points totaling 123,456,789 and you only have 123,000,000 with less than a day to cross the gap since your allies do / don't have the extra 456,789 points already banked for you?

Think like a mad scientists ... remember?  scratch 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 1:44 am

danthepirate wrote:
...or get lucky on 2 LVL 50 SRBs......

@heptathlete: Not entirely correct with your points values. To MVP a decent boss should get you 10 -14k points. You may have to hit it a couple of times but it's doable. You just have to sit down for a couple of hours and grind it out.

Since I don't even try to MVP the later bosses I was just using the data I had. With that refinement, it's more like 15 - 20 MVP wins more than the next guy ...

GO DAN GO !!!

lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 1:55 am

Don't worry about me, just trying to help out zoar. I am already committed to going sub 45, I am just struggling to guess what buffer I need to work up....

Just make sure you get your 2 R1s. Smile

Rank 45 is currently sitting at 1.73m if anyone cares...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 2:14 am

Sitting right around 400, with a bit over 200K in points earned and about 130K in ally points banked. That gets me to 330K and I've got allies that are at 275 w/ 350K and 319 w/ 292K so I might be VERY close to the 300 club this time around ...

Need to find some 3 chevron bosses that are about to topple so I can hop aboard and grab some 4K - 5K rewards in quick succession.

In between the annoying game reboots ... like right now.

AUGH!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 9:34 am

lol, amerame, c4y4 and me are also around 50-55 all the time - and i guess, all thinking the same... is it worth going crazy to sub45 it Smile we are all around 1,5-1,7mio points... i think the gap is too big, just 300k on the bank, so ill settle with sub90 and farm the last day

anyway, GREAT TFB RUN!! We should think of new ranges for the "final result" as we have like 8-9 guys finishing 45-90!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 10:37 am

Indeed good run, not worth fighting for top 45. I think we'll end up all 3 between 46 and 50 ! I farmed over 200 mags and probably another 20ish till tomorow. Last event I farmed over 300 though, but this time I think it was worth fighting a bit harder to make sure we all get our 4/5 R1.

That being said, I also think we should have 3 tier of TFB team. Even though TFB is not meant to run for L, it's not SO hard for casual players to get top 100. Euro / US is, in my opinion, less relevant than the target rank.

We could have a <100 team, a <250 team and a <500 team. You really don't have to be hardcore or anything to get under 100 at the moment, just need a decently thought squad and to play regularly during your day time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 11:29 am

With 10.5hrs remaining, I am at Rank #65 with 1,411,209 pts. My allies are TFB x3 and non-forum allies x2. All are doing well ranging from Rank 101 to 236. I expect them to all finish strong. So I have not redeemed a single event ally point and thus have 270,386 to collect. I'll probably spend a few more mags and see if I can get to striking distance of the 45 reward brackett. If not, it's just a game and I will survive...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 11:37 am

Amerame wrote:
We could have a <100 team, a <250 team and a <500 team. You really don't have to be hardcore or anything to get under 100 at the moment, just need a decently thought squad and to play regularly during your day time.

So do we want to discuss this above topic as well? We have talked about this before and to keep things simple, we have kept the current requirement of <250. It seems to fit more of the original goal of a free-player team. Plus when real life happens, and your rank drops, other players don't get mad at you. Thus if you find that you are regularly ranking below 100, or even below 45, you should probably apply for one of the more lethal-focused teams...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 12:16 pm

Might be more of a headache than it's worth.

Remember you don't have to ally with the 5 people listed in the group. We've seen several events where it's a "Chinese Fire Drill" during the first few days and others where someone gets upset that others (that may have had issues outside the game pop up) miss the targets.

This extra complexity could make this "free coalition" a bit of a mess.

If you want to run with some colleagues a bit more seriously, have an off-thread conversation. Then for the event, all those in that "more serious" group, just request a "Special" TFB group - say the Omega men ...

Just 2 cents from the wilderness ...  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 2:26 pm

heptathlete wrote:

Remember you don't have to ally with the 5 people listed in the group.  We've seen several events where it's a "Chinese Fire Drill" during the first few days and others where someone gets upset that others (that may have had issues outside the game pop up) miss the targets.

Sorry, but I don't agree.  It's not about serious or casual play, it's about keeping your word.  If you sign up for a team, you are saying that you promise that you will ally with those players because that was your ranking goal.  Doesn't it make sense then that people feel bad when they find out right away that some of their expected teammates jumped ship and took other allies, or even more so that people feel bad when they wait on a teammate for a while, and then find they are stuck with an empty slot or two because no one is free anymore.  That said, I don't blame anyone for the problems I had this event because I did wait until a little bit into the event to sign up for a team.
    The one nice thing, I think, that happened as a result of this recent Chinese Fire Drill was that there were a couple bridge players between the teams.  I expect this allowed SRBs to be passed over to other teams as well.  That is something that would be very difficult to organize otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 4:50 pm

pglandis wrote:
heptathlete wrote:

Remember you don't have to ally with the 5 people listed in the group.  We've seen several events where it's a "Chinese Fire Drill" during the first few days and others where someone gets upset that others (that may have had issues outside the game pop up) miss the targets.

Sorry, but I don't agree.  It's not about serious or casual play, it's about keeping your word.  If you sign up for a team, you are saying that you promise that you will ally with those players because that was your ranking goal.  Doesn't it make sense then that people feel bad when they find out right away that some of their expected teammates jumped ship and took other allies, or even more so that people feel bad when they wait on a teammate for a while, and then find they are stuck with an empty slot or two because no one is free anymore.  That said, I don't blame anyone for the problems I had this event because I did wait until a little bit into the event to sign up for a team.
    The one nice thing, I think, that happened as a result of this recent Chinese Fire Drill was that there were a couple bridge players between the teams.  I expect this allowed SRBs to be passed over to other teams as well.  That is something that would be very difficult to organize otherwise.

I was just making a point. When I commit to a team, I stay true to those that have also agreed to team together. Over the life of the TFB groups we have had some that do a "My bad" when they accept an ally request from a non-event ally. It's not like you get banned or penalized if you choose to do that, it's just that over time some may choose a different path. Since we are competing and collaborating, occasionally there will be a monkey-wrench that gets thrown into the mix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 5:38 pm

Here's the thing. The talk about joining "more lethal focused team" if you want to go sub 100 or sub 45 isn't really valid anymore. It used to be the case that the teams would run a lethal team and another high ranking team but right now that just isn't so.

I can't speak for FFF and Zema, but neither wretched and the pirates are running a high ranking non L team. Wretched have an L team or are pure farming and I am running with the Pirates team 2 which was originally going to aim for sub 50 but ended up being 4 farmers, 1 sub 100 and me.

Anyways, just my 2c, but I definitely think there is the demand for a sub 100 team that would go for sub 45 depending on the reward in the raid event. I would definitely be up for it in raid. Tower events I would most likely run with wretched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 6:15 pm

Pretty much what Dan is saying, sub 100/sub 45 is not a goal for lethal seeker, they'll either go all out or farm completely, make no sense to waste any ressource on getting a couple extra R1 if you're getting L regularly.

I also believe there's a place for a sub 100 aiming top 45 if the reward is good team. If we had such a team this event, we'd have had 5 people ranked 35-45 instead of 5 ranked 46-55...

I think we should at least make a few tries and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 1st 2014, 9:10 pm

Well, I plan to continue on running TFB as we have for the past 15 events (and following the charter). I guess I am just traditional or something. If you guys want to split off and try a SubX team, go for it. I'm not going to get upset or anything. TFB is here and it fills a role. Players come, players go. Everything I do for TFB is here out in the open. No secret groups or special line aps required. I bet if you get the right six players, you could have a Sub45 team no problem...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 2nd 2014, 2:02 am

Zoar1984 wrote:
Well, I plan to continue on running TFB as we have for the past 15 events (and following the charter).  I guess I am just traditional or something.  If you guys want to split off and try a SubX team, go for it.  I'm not going to get upset or anything.  TFB is here and it fills a role.  Players come, players go.  Everything I do for TFB is here out in the open.  No secret groups or special line aps required.  I bet if you get the right six players, you could have a Sub45 team no problem...

True 'dat. I can think of 15 - 20 TFB folks that could easily fit that bill. It's all about timing - having the res for the run, having allies with the same goal & resources, maybe even some non-ally compatriots that source materials to keep the run going, etc ...

Passion & perseverance takes the prize.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 2nd 2014, 3:43 am

Rank 49 is disappointment to me. I have gave up farming mags since even if i had 3000, i would never be able to pay so much time to single event to make use of them. Thus i will just go all in every event and try as high rank as possible, preferably under 45. And with best team i ever had with avg dmg about 12M on full auto, i was not able to get in top45 Sad. Maybe some day ill manage to earn some ACs and guys in top will become bored enough and sell their for affordable price Smile. Otherwise ill just keep it relaxed and focus on something more important ;-).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 2nd 2014, 5:47 am

Zoar1984 wrote:
Well, I plan to continue on running TFB as we have for the past 15 events (and following the charter).  I guess I am just traditional or something.  If you guys want to split off and try a SubX team, go for it.  I'm not going to get upset or anything.  TFB is here and it fills a role.  Players come, players go.  Everything I do for TFB is here out in the open.  No secret groups or special line aps required.  I bet if you get the right six players, you could have a Sub45 team no problem...

Please don't get me wrong. I like the low pressure atmosphere here. Having a 5 yr old son and a teaching job keeps me from playing as much as I want to (ie as much as I shouldn't), so it's nice to know I can choose <500 and play when I can. I got on Beta a couple times recently because I found that my normal playing routine was more consistently hitting <250 without any extra effort. I think that those that are asking for a <100 team are saying about the same thing. If you are always hitting <100, why not be able to ally with others like yourself? Whatever you do, Zoar, we appreciate the time and service you devote to providing all this for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NikoZar
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 2nd 2014, 5:52 am

Rank 80. Good enough for me.
I will use old merc to get the others I miss.

about teams under 45, I can only do that in summer , where I have the time.

Thank you again beta team .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 2nd 2014, 5:53 am

[quote="heptathlete"][quote="pglandis"]
heptathlete wrote:

I was just making a point.  When I commit to a team, I stay true to those that have also agreed to team together.  Over the life of the TFB groups we have had some that do a "My bad" when they accept an ally request from a non-event ally.  It's not like you get banned or penalized if you choose to do that, it's just that over time some may choose a different path.  Since we are competing and collaborating, occasionally there will be a monkey-wrench that gets thrown into the mix.

Yes, I agree with you there. I wouldn't ask for anything more than to be patient and considerate when forming the planned teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 2nd 2014, 6:32 am

At the end of it all, I hit rank 142. I would have been top 100 no problem but for the last two days about 75% of the bosses I discovered and put out there went untouched. I don't blame my allies, you guys consistently hit and/or killed about 25% of my bosses, which is on par for a normal raid event. I blame the general public, for whatever reason they completely lost faith in bosses with my name on it for the last two days. Either that or dakota F'ed up and my bosses weren't being shown to people.

As far as TFB sub 45 and sub 100 groups go, I have to side with Zoar and say that's not what TFB is for. There is absolutely room on the forum for another group though, so I think someone should step up and take charge like Zoar did back in the day for TFB.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 2nd 2014, 8:50 am

DaedHead8 wrote:
At the end of it all, I hit rank 142. I would have been top 100 no problem but for the last two days about 75% of the bosses I discovered and put out there went untouched. I don't blame my allies, you guys consistently hit and/or killed about 25% of my bosses, which is on par for a normal raid event. I blame the general public, for whatever reason they completely lost faith in bosses with my name on it for the last two days. Either that or dakota F'ed up and my bosses weren't being shown to people.

As far as TFB sub 45 and sub 100 groups go, I have to side with Zoar and say that's not what TFB is for. There is absolutely room on the forum for another group though, so I think someone should step up and take charge like Zoar did back in the day for TFB.

Dead: haven't you figured out after all the time you've been playing that the dynamic shifts during the Raid events?

Early, everyone is farming mags. Middle there is a push for the upper rankings. Late, most have settled into their fate for the event's outcome.

Either you have left too much of the boss that nobody wants to go after it for the MVP mag, or you've already locked up the MVP mag too and those hunting points hesitate jumping on. They see the prospect of jumping on a different boss that appears more likely to fall a better use for their mags.

I had several that I needed to revisit before others finished them off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 2nd 2014, 10:22 am

Big thanks to my allies. I squeezed under the mark and ended at 88. Now to hunt down 3 more Endels. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 2nd 2014, 11:22 am

Finished the event at 55 but final rank ended up at 67 (with 1,983,725 total points). Thank you to my event allies for their help. Note that if I was on, and had an event ally request, I dropped at least one mag on your boss. The only exception was when there was less than a minute left and I wasn't sure I could finish off the boss.

I agree with Hep on the "flow" of the Raid event. Once I got to day 5 or so, my rank didn't change much. I had to keep playing but at that point, it was just to maintain position. As I said previously, once you reach the "final lap", there really is no incentive to make any sort of push (unless you are Lethal hunting or right on the edge between two brackets).

PS-I am trading for more reward mercs as I do want to make my 8n1 Oni. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 2nd 2014, 3:36 pm

@hep

Yeah that must be what happened, it's just never quite hit me as hard as it did this event. I seriously thought something screwy was going on.
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   April 3rd 2014, 9:08 am

Maybe it's the way I play or that I am not going for high ranking, but I typically keep creeping up in the ranks through to the end. I ended up at 200 with 707,679 points, but I was doing something like 3 steps forward and 1 step back all the way through. I can't exactly remember, but I think I jumped up from around 240 to 200 with ally points. (Thanks to my mixed-team allies!!)

It seemed to me like less bosses this event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFB - March Raid Event   

Back to top Go down

TFB - March Raid Event
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next