The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section

Go down 
AuthorMessage
valorsoul
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section   February 20th 2013, 8:58 pm

We should be able to upvote/downvote posts since his time is valuable and let the player base ask the dev questions. Games that engage their user base with developers usually see more players (we all want more players because we want more competition and the devs want more $$$$).

For example a question I would ask Marcus would be:
Better question:
What is the development teams goals for fatal frontier in terms of releasing new content? Is it dependent on player base hitting certain numbers, or the game making certain revenues?

or something like
What is a challenge as a developer for fatal frontier that the developers think player feedback could help with?

Bad question because this could be worded as a suggestion or game tip:
"Do you often get users email you about mis-combines? Do you think a feature that shows the amount of skill exp so people don't accidentally combine their max 20/20 skill R1 with the other 0/20 skill R1 and end up with 0/20 skill R2 be nice."

We all know Marcus is busy so being able to upvote or downvote posts would be nice so that he can just check out posts that have tons of upvotes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section   February 20th 2013, 9:33 pm

Marcus the Merc wrote:
I suppose I should make things a bit more clear to avoid posts like this.

This forum is a public website, hosted and admin'd by the user Lanseal. It has no official connection to Fatal Frontier.

Accordingly, any thought or opinion that I express here does not reflect those of Gameview Studios or DeNA.

Regardless of what I may or may not do for a living, I'm just here to listen to the feedback that people have - focusing on balance & design. Just call me Marcus.

That being said, I'd rather not clutter up these forums with bug reports. If you encounter a bug in the game, please feel free report it to: FatalFrontier@gameviewstudios.com

Thanks,
Marcus

He posted this in the Q&A - Found a bug topic
Just saying ^^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valorsoul
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section   February 20th 2013, 9:49 pm

Thanks bwj, I hadn't seen that.

Even if he doesn't represent Gameview Studios or DeNA, getting The Merc's opinion would be very cool! Hell, even if he doesn't reply to the posts, it'd be nice for him to see what players are wondering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Merc
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section   February 20th 2013, 9:51 pm

Thank you, bwjoejr.

I normally don't answer direct questions. I just chime in from time to time - but just know that I'm reading most posts.

I certainly not be answering questions like:
valorsoul wrote:

What is the development teams goals for fatal frontier in terms of releasing new content? Is it dependent on player base hitting certain numbers, or the game making certain revenues?

Even if a developer of any game (much less FF) wanted to answer that question, that's a legal/HR fiasco waiting to happen. Very Happy

Please remember that I am only a guest on these forums, not it's admin.

Thanks,
-Marcus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valorsoul
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section   February 20th 2013, 9:54 pm

Sorry Marcus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valorsoul
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section   February 20th 2013, 9:56 pm

I would delete this topic if I could, but then someone might ask the same thing in the future. You could delete it if you want bwj
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section   February 20th 2013, 10:03 pm

Maybe but i'll let lanseal decide. We might just need to put up a sticky saying marcus is our guest that likes feedback about the game but if you need direct help with the game you will need to email them at FatalFrontier@gameviewstudios.com

These forums are just for us to talk and help each other out with the game.

The actually FF people might read them from time to time and use some of our suggestions since this is really the only FF forum out there.

My 2cents worth lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator

PostSubject: Re: Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section   February 26th 2013, 3:37 am

I would be willing to make the forum on the condition that it remains active and gets dev responses. Nothing is worse than a forum category that stays empty or rarely gets updated as I see it as promoting an image of inactivity. Also, I don't want the devs to start thinking that visiting this forum is part of their job. Even if that meant they would hear more of what we have to say, they are people too and I have to respect that.

As for the upvote/downvote idea, you would have to move to a subreddit for that (Fatal Frontier subreddit anyone?).
This is merely a forumotion userboard interface. All the tools are preset, which makes it more convenient for me (I'm no programmer), but this comes at the cost of not being able to make and implement features that forumotion doesn't have (i.e. auto-preventing all caps posts).

That said, if someone hosts their own Fatal Frontier board and can do more than what I can, that's great. There's also the ad revenue incentive waiting to be taken advantage of. From what I've been told, the admin(s) over at bloodbrothersrpg.com get ad revenue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section   

Back to top Go down

Adding a new part to the forum - Ask the DEV section
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatal Frontier Forum :: Fatal Frontier :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: