The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

pvp event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: pvp event   April 20th 2014, 8:40 am

Guys I have a lvl 32 player with a 3 man squad with only one elite in it topping my group with 270k plus put on in the last few hours. How is that possible?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 20th 2014, 8:49 am

The 3-Merc squad strat has been discussed on this forum. I use it myself. With the right map board providing the PVP matches you need in a row, you can finish 9-12 PVP matches under a point boost. If I am on the right win streak, I can average 20,000 per win. If you have the mags to spend, you can do it. I have been 200K or more ahead of event group members with 20minutes left and been bumped...welcome to the fun that is FF!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markmolina777
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 20th 2014, 11:40 am

I Just Put 220k In 1 Point Boost Just Losing, Winning And Repeating So In One Good 30 Win Streak You Can Probably Put 600k In An Hour Or 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 20th 2014, 1:33 pm

Ok but you guys are at lvl 170 this guys is lvl 32 and only has one epic and too crap rares cant see how that would work for him. Thats said I dont play this until the last two days as dont enjoy the event at all. Just try to get x2 promotion on the last two days but looks like I have to have 1 each day this time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 20th 2014, 2:00 pm

nottoc wrote:
Ok but you guys are at lvl 170 this guys is lvl 32 and only has one epic and too crap rares cant see how that would work for him. Thats said I dont play this until the last two days as dont enjoy the event at all. Just try to get x2 promotion on the last two days but looks like I have to have 1 each day this time

There's a calculation that goes something like this:

Each merc has a difficulty rating
Each squad (3, 4, 5) has a multiplier
Each step toward 30 wins has a multiplier.
Also, your non-PVP squads have some factor to play.

Finally, the infamy bonus is a multiplier, but I'm not certain much can be gleaned from the Leader's level - other than how strong that particular merc is that you are facing.

Heard a few PVP's ago that someone just runs their leader and gets piles of crystals, but I haven't figured that one out ... yet.  scratch 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 21st 2014, 6:34 am

There is something that I've wanted to vent about for the past couple of PVP events: Group battles used to end at midnight eastern time, meaning it was possible for me to defend my promotions. Now they end at 2 am and given that I need to wake up at 6:30 to get my ass to work, it's just not possible to stay up that late. The last two events it's been basically impossible for me to crack 1.2, so annoying. Why did they change that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 21st 2014, 8:53 am

I second Daed as I am in the same time zone/boat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 21st 2014, 11:56 am

When I first started my low level account with 3man got much better/easier match ups and points than it does now, even when I try to go 3man and clear the rest of my squads. Not sure how it works....

I have built what I deem a decent squad this pvp, and it's harder for me to put points up now than it was before I knew anything about the mercs in this game or what it would mean to make a decent pvp team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 22nd 2014, 1:35 am

TechnicalSpartanism wrote:
When I first started my low level account with 3man got much better/easier match ups and points than it does now, even when I try to go 3man and clear the rest of my squads. Not sure how it works....

I have built what I deem a decent squad this pvp, and it's harder for me to put points up now than it was before I knew anything about the mercs in this game or what it would mean to make a decent pvp team.

Spartan: the problem is that we have all gotten smarter as we have continued to play ... we at least most of us.  bom 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 22nd 2014, 4:52 am

Man the event ending in the middle of the night just screwed me again. Had to go to bed with a few hours of the event remaining. I had like 1.2mil pts which put me in second spot. Now, unless Dakota messed up, it appears that I ended up getting demoted? WTF? Plus it appears that I am in danger of being bumped over the Rank 45 mark. Not sure what to do about this issue. Should I just skip events that are going to end a 3am EST? Hell if the events ended at 12 midnight EST that would be down to 9pm over the entire US. Europe would be generally 6am. UK would get the middle of the night. I guess Dakota has to figure this one out-or setup a rotating schedule. Wait, sorry, I'm implying that they care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 22nd 2014, 6:37 am

Personally I stopped caring about my promotion yesterday and just played more Dark Souls II. 1.13 is fine I guess.
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 22nd 2014, 6:53 am

They keep changing things with stuff behind the scenes with the way damage and stuff is calculated. Last PVP my team was doing just fine. This PVP not so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 22nd 2014, 8:10 am

Dont feel bad, I lost my double promo last night too due to the late night stealth 'nerf' for us East Coasters. I'm not staying up till 2am to stroke little d's dick, no thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 22nd 2014, 8:21 am

@ Legend, I did the "stealth" shenanigans to someone (for single promo) on Sunday, but only because I was up all night with my 6 month old with stomach flu.

Also, the proc manipulation was absolutely horrid yesterday. As in I had to fight the same team 5 times before any of my team proced, and my team went first every time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 22nd 2014, 11:39 am

Frak! I did end up falling to Rank 46. Lost out on some extra crystals  Twisted Evil The proc manip was pretty bad. You could count on the fact that on certain matches, none of your mercs would proc. Especially if you did one mag. Burn three mags for full auto, and like magic, everyone procs. Not only has little D gone and manipulated the procs, they are doing so in a manner/fashion to get us to spend down our mags (in the hope we will purchase ammo cans). Whatever...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 22nd 2014, 3:30 pm

I saw some bad proc manipulation yesterday too. Also I didn't get a single point boost all day, that's really what inspired me to stop caring about my promotion.
Back to top Go down
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 22nd 2014, 4:14 pm

Yeah, I know I had less than 5 boosts during the event, most before "boosts happen more often" garbage. Makes it difficult for someone to stack points if you have to do twice as much for the same outcome.

For the record, this is my first "Epic" post!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   April 23rd 2014, 9:49 pm

Final funny story from the PVP event. My Helio hits opponent's Twinblaze. The Whirling Defense with its 70% proc rates saves him from death-keeping him alive with a small sliver of health. The artificial intelligence laughs a maniacal laugh as his merc has survived! Ha! Ha! Well he survives about 2 more seconds because he realizes Helio's attack has poisoned him-and then he dies. Way to go Dakota with those super rocking "Special Skills". I won't even start to hammer on the Pylon Walker's "dumbfounding" skill. We all just found the dumb, it's in Dakota's one man R&D department.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pvp event   

Back to top Go down

pvp event
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1