The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TFB - April Raid Event

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
drakezane93
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 3rd 2014, 4:49 pm

Congratulations to the TFB members who scored L's woo-hoo! I was trying to get 2, but not so lucky Sad...

Well I'am looking to score another horus, if you guys know anyone who is interested in selling theirs Smile. I created thread in trading post so check there if you do.

-Drake
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 3rd 2014, 9:34 pm

I had a question from a newer TFB member about how to properly evolve their 8 copies of The Crow into a good evo.  Since I typed the process out, here it is for all to enjoy.  Some veteran(s) might want to check it for accuracy as I might have had a beer or two as I wrote it.

Evo is tricky.  You have to decide how many crystals to use.  Max is 400.  I never use that many.  Good mercs get 200.  Average is 100.  Crap is either 50 or 0.  No matter how you do it, when you add crystals to a merc it is 10 of each type x 5 types so 50 per merc.  Here’s a 8n1 PE 200cc build, the way I do it (print this out and have it next to your phone):

1. Level all 8 mercs to level 70.  Level one (optional: or two) copies proc to max 20/20.

2. Now you are going to go from 8 to 4 mercs.  So fuse r1 to r1 a total of 4 times to get four r2’s.  Make sure you don’t evo a max skill proc to your second max skill proc (if you made 2 max skill proc).

3. At this point, to make the 200cc version, you need to enhance each r2 with 50 crystals each.  So that is 4x50 or 200.  Now you have 4 enhanced r2 mercs at level 70.

4. Now you are going to go from 4 to 2 mercs.  Evo the enhanced r2’s with each other, taking care once again not to evo your two max skill procs together.  Now you have two e3 mercs at level 70.

5. IMPORTANT:  Now you must level your e3 70 mercs to level 99.  This is where having two e3 mercs with max skill proc is kinda cool-as they both can do well with proc as you go from 70 to 99.

6. At level 99, you can do your last evo of both e3’s to make your final e4.  Yes, you lose the benefit of the second max skill proc.

7. Final Note:  If you only want to use 100 crystals, don’t use 200 on step 3.  Skip Step 3 and go from 2 to 4.  After step 4, enhance both e3 with 50cc each (so 2x50=100).  Then proceed with remaining steps.  If you only want to use 50 or Zero crystals, skip all enhancement steps until you complete step 6.  After step 6, you can add the 50cc if you want.  If you ever want to make a 400cc build, after step 1 but before step 2, enhance all 8 mercs with 50cc (so 8x50=400).  Then proceed with the remaining steps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 1:07 am

You have a mistake there Zoar in steps 2&3. If u want proper 200 crystals evolution, u must enhance one R1 version before evolving it to R2 (used as a source). Then such R2 must be enhanced and used as a target, source must be enhanced R2. etc...
Also, i will never understand why to waste crystals on evolution of attributes completely unpractical for the merc. These days, when resources are rare? Only ATTR that really matters is AGI during PvP, but even then the difference in ranks usually clear the tiny bonus of POPE completely. OPE is ok since it gives 150 + 500 bonus. And 150 can do some difference even in raids, but is it really worthy those 4 ACs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 1:57 am

The instructions were for me. I want to evo my crow to be a beast for pvp so was just wondering how to do it properly for that. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 3:11 am

This the way I was told * indicate adding crystals the second been the source
R1+R1*=R2
R1+R1*=R2
R1+R1*=R2
R1+R1*=R2

R2+R2*=R3
R2+R2*=R3

R3+R3*=R4 then add last crystals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pharrjuku
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 4:08 am

Those R2s cannot be added anymore crystals...

Unless it's R1*+R1= R2... This R2 still can add crystals..

If the Target was already been added crystal at one stage, it cannot be added anymore if you use it as Target..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 4:25 am

Ok, you are all making it way more complicated than it should be.

Let's assume we all know how to make a PE merc.

So to make a 200c merc:

1. With your 8R1s make the following PE mercs: R1, R1, R2, R3.

2. Put crystals into all of them.

3. Evolve them as though you were making a PE merc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 4:49 am

So Dan, this methid maximizes the boost from the crystals? And by PE you just mean 8 mercs fully leveled before evo right?
Back to top Go down
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 4:55 am

By PE it just means you always evo'd mercs of the same evolution and the source was always at the max lvl.

That will maximise the boost of 200 crystals (40 of each type).

I used to be into trying to create long lists of steps for evos but that is so much easier to remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 5:09 am

[quote="pharrjuku"]Those R2s cannot be added anymore crystals...

Unless it's   R1*+R1= R2...    This R2 still can add crystals..  

If the Target was already been added crystal at one stage, it cannot be added anymore if you use it

depend which one you call the source, the source to me is second one added so is absorbed by the 1st..have used this many times and have always been able to add crystals to source.

Last edited by nottoc on May 4th 2014, 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 5:17 am

caya wrote:
You have a mistake there Zoar in steps 2&3. If u want proper 200 crystals evolution, u must enhance one R1 version before evolving it to R2 (used as a source). Then such R2 must be enhanced and used as a target, source must be enhanced R2. etc...
Also, i will never understand why to waste crystals on evolution of attributes completely unpractical for the merc. These days, when resources are rare? Only ATTR that really matters is AGI during PvP, but even then the difference in ranks usually clear the tiny bonus of POPE completely. OPE is ok since it gives 150 + 500 bonus. And 150 can do some difference even in raids, but is it really worthy those 4 ACs?  

Caya, so from above PE = normal evolution, OPE = 200 ? and POPE = 400
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 5:24 am

PE = Perfect Evolution = best you can do with no crystals which means for an E4, you start with 8 R1s, always evo the same evolution mercs and always have the source at max lvl before evo.

OPE = Over Perfect Evolution = the stats are over the PE stats. This does not mean you started with 8R1s (for an E4) as you can crystallise 6 R1s to get stats higher than PE. With OPE you need to specify how you got there eg. 8/50c, 6/200c, 8/200c, 8/400c

POPE = Perfect Over Perfect Evolution = you have the maximum stats possible using Perfect Evolution and the maximum amount of crystals. For an E4 it is an OPE 8/400c merc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 6:43 am

^^ What Dan wrote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 8:18 am

@caya: I guess that my 8/200 have been wrong. Oh well. Sphinx just posted his 8/200 Abyssal:

While mine made with the method I typed out is:

So it looks like I am -45pts from Sphinx. Learn something new everyday.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 1:57 pm

Amazing job TFB, this was our event.
Congrats to 4L and sorry for those who didn't make it. As said before i just didn't have the time this event but seeing that only 130k are missing - damn, i surely could have found those somewhere during the 7 days. Wink
No bitterness though, just happy that we had such a great showing in the top 50.

Regarding the evo, i do it always Dan's way when i go for a 200 crystal.
R1 (level1, but thats just me), r1 (lvl70), r2 (lvl 70), r3 (lvl99). All mercs leveled before evolving ofc, then i crystal all and evolve starting with my level 1 as base to my shiny new epic. Wink

Edit:
The benefit leaving one r1 at level 1 (or at least lower than 70) is that you can't mix up your r1's in case your lacking crystals (like i always do).
This leaves you the chance to crystalize the final epic at some point later if you miss a set.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 3:13 pm

dan and pervy are more right then zoar and the others. i dont say completly right, because all that commented will have an 8/200 in the end, though dans and pervys will give you the maxed possible version of a 8/200 as you get the full 500 bonus from ur main-merc and +50 from each of the 3 feeders, that makes a total bonus of 650 - only topped by 8/400 by 16points and they only come in account if you play someone with the exact same merc and the exact same ranking, else these 16 points are useless.

additional (personal) idea: on top mercs needed for pvp i add an additional 10 AGI to the r2*r2, just in case ill have 5 points more AGI Razz(just worked out great last pvp with endel. just once another endel proced first, but it was a really sic team with 2 endels, 2 cyclopse and niobe - looked like all 8/400 as they all went before mine endels, cyclopse and niobe.... bastard...)

last extra about adding crystals to attributes not needed: if you want top prices on the X, add those "useless" crystals. can make a huuuuuuuge difference on the X, at least it was that way when we had json and wiki. can be, its now not interesting anymore, but people who know the real stats could still be paying more, if you have it evoled propper. and you can still collect crystals easy in game. every 15/30 pvp-streak is giving you a full set. this should/could be enough with event rewards until next pvp.

just my 2564560 cents...

Last edited by KoRnSteiner on May 4th 2014, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 3:30 pm

KoRnSteiner wrote:

additional (personal) idea: on top mercs needed for pvp i add an additional 10 AGI to the r2*r2, just in case ill have 5 points more AGI Razz(just worked out great last pvp with endel. just once another endel proced first, but it was a really sic team with 2 endels, 2 cyclopse and niobe - looked like all 8/400 as they all went before mine endels, cyclopse and niobe.... bastard...)

Could it because they were higher ranks? 1.1 and 1.13 modifier makes huge difference. Even higher than PE and POPE evolution. Thats why I think POPE is just stupid.
And i do similar trick with AGI evolution, except for me using shards ;-).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KoRnSteiner
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 4th 2014, 5:22 pm

ups, saw i wrote "rating" instead of "ranking" above. sure, thats why the +16 for POPE are just madness, as the rank is much more important. just in this one case, we were the same rank and had almost the same team and its really not usual to see 8/400s these days Smile

aaah, good point with the shards caya. hint 17: you can use shards instead of crystals for the other 4 or at least 2 mercs you use in the 8/200 - gives you this 1 more AGI you need in these very rare cases of same merc + same rank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 6th 2014, 5:56 am

Somehow there's a firesale on Incinerate, you have a couple for very cheap on the market. It's still one of the best raid merc, and by far the best non-L, even a bad evo. A bad evo Inci buffed by 2 Prim will proc for 2M damage, that's like 40% more than an Endel or Abyssal or whatever. I'm kinda looking forward next raid now that I have 3 incinerates...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 6th 2014, 8:18 am

For 8/200 builds, an incinerate at most (double buffed by OPE primarchs) hits for 16% more than endel. Single-buffed it is 7% more. Unbuffed, the endel hits for 4% more than Incinerate.

The last tower boss actually comes in (damage wise) between Restrained Titan and Abyssal. If you're balling on a budget, Armaag is the way to go. Plus he seemed to proc more often than my Endel this past raid. And there is the much appreciated poison damage.

But yeah, if you can afford incinerates, get 5 of them and rage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   May 6th 2014, 11:34 am

Amerame wrote:
Somehow there's a firesale on Incinerate

lol!  I think Amerame wins the quote of the day contest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFB - April Raid Event   

Back to top Go down

TFB - April Raid Event
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatal Frontier Forum :: Fatal Frontier :: Events-
Jump to: