The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Why is forum so dead??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Why is forum so dead??   April 28th 2014, 9:05 am

I was excited that there would be a place to discuss the game and mechanics worldwide, but even since I came here a couple months ago activity has dropped a lot. Seems the same 10 or so people are on regularly....

Where is everyone?? How can we get this place bumpin' again?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Why is forum so dead??   April 28th 2014, 9:51 am

The forum is quiet because Dakota essentially alienated most of its player base with crazy money grabbing moves. When you only have 1200 total players, the same ones are the vocal ones over and over again here. Kind of like my loud mouth...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Why is forum so dead??   April 28th 2014, 10:21 am

HAHA!!

Yeah I guess that's all true. Too bad I seem to have shown up to FF when the folks in charge made the decision to start sucking...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is forum so dead??   April 28th 2014, 12:00 pm

Dakota happened. The forum was already falling apart when you joined. Teams got stupid and started trying to be secretive and essentially ruined the point of the teams. Teams were meant to compete among the forum members. It was fun because while we all essentially formed our own guilds it was still under the same banner..."the player" and our common enemy was "the Developer"... Once the developer started picking apart teams that were on top but not spending as much money as other certain other teams (cough cough arrrrrrgh)......... it all became pointless.

Should have banned the thais from forum when I had the chance. They created and developed the practice of sabotaging forum members to make gain. Now its like the only way a team gets on top it seems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozziev
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Why is forum so dead??   April 28th 2014, 12:17 pm

that and alot of people that usually posted on this forum use line now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Why is forum so dead??   April 28th 2014, 12:31 pm

Yeah Foz, I'm in Line app too, but it's not the same as being here. While it is more effective for trades and the ease of access to improve response times, I still prefer this type of medium to come together as a community.

@Arth what type of sabotage are we talking about here? Just curious. While I have been playing these kinds of games for a couple years now (BB at first), I never got into this type of thing (forums) and am quite in the dark when it comes to a lot of how this kind of thing is run.

I was told that the BB forum was a breeding ground for assholes, cheats, and scammers, so I avoided it altogether. I still haven't gone into the BB forum to this day lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Why is forum so dead??   April 28th 2014, 12:33 pm

Just to say this out loud, I do not use line. I also have never sabotaged any other team. The way we roll in TFB is straight up what you see is what you get. Perhaps since we are traditionally a non-lethal hunting team, we avoid most of the bullsh*t from the other Lethal teams (some, not all lethal teams that is). We also don't spend as much money on this game so that probably helps us avoid most of the unfair practices from Dakota.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Why is forum so dead??   April 28th 2014, 3:51 pm

Dakota encrypting the JSON data was another reason the forum died down. Remember the event threads Legend and Mamon used to start with all the info on the new mercs? I loved those threads and miss them dearly. No new data every event means nothing to discuss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is forum so dead??   April 28th 2014, 7:55 pm

ya I kinda wish that was still being posted ....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Why is forum so dead??   April 28th 2014, 11:09 pm

Hmm ...

Why not just post the stats of the merc and forget all the other meta-data that we used to get from the JSON feed? Wouldn't that address the issue of the data not being pushed out, and still give us something to chat about?

scratch 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is forum so dead??   

Back to top Go down

Why is forum so dead??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1