The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PvP event

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: PvP event   May 22nd 2014, 9:32 am

I got a double promo from yesterday so thought I would just run to keep it. When my new group opened this morning within an hour the top was 700k and the non promo last slot was 500k !!!! On a good day I only do 500k lol looks like I will be dropping a rank :-(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   May 22nd 2014, 3:44 pm

Don't you get some sort of 50% points boost if you got double promotion the day before?  Or do they award an extra 50% on the day you win a Group Match? I see it in the details about group combat, but I have never had the chance to check it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   May 22nd 2014, 5:55 pm

I got double 2 days in a row with very little effort (500k, 1.1m). In todays group it would cost 3m to maintain rank.

My aim is to single on the last day to get at least 1.2 but will definitely look at going for double as long as it is reasonable (2.3m).

That group match thing doesn't happen any more. It used to be that if your fought someone from your group, the battle would be worth more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   May 23rd 2014, 1:21 pm

I am at 1.13 just now but in the lucky situation that i don't care about my rank to much anyway this event. Tower far to wasy with my mercs and raid i plan on just farming this time.
After seeing how well we did there last time i need to make sure i have enough ammo available. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   May 23rd 2014, 5:34 pm

The group I was in finished with top 6m and bottom keeper rank 3m so I did lose a rank that said today I'm on for double again with the second slot been 200k away. Sat at under 90 on ranking so with the 2m one will get 6 merc total. Not sure if its any good time will tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   May 24th 2014, 1:10 am

20mins left on the game still no one near me do a refresh and guy call silver fox jumps ahead, guy must have stuck on 400k plus as wasn't in top 3. He was about 20k a head with 20mins left i had 10 energy left and I hit a boost dropped 50k :-) so took it bck...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   May 24th 2014, 7:21 am

My best PvP so far. Rank 81, final mod 1.2, farmed > 100 mags. Pitty that next raid will be farming mod, since i have nice raid squad ready to r&r.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   May 24th 2014, 7:47 am

Lol thats strange as I'm 81 as well lol with a * against it so may change later.

Now gone to 82 :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bspervy
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   May 24th 2014, 11:23 am

Gotta say i loved this event - or maybe I should say the trades after.
While i wanted to build one of those rare guys on my own i ended exchanging my six copies for an OPE Pulseweaver Cyborg, a Deadeye Doug v2 and 13 ammo.
Not to shabby. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   May 24th 2014, 2:46 pm

Didn't try one little bit and ended up 196. Not bad I suppose.
Back to top Go down
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 22nd 2014, 5:26 pm

Got the event merc most stat's are over 2 k only wis and def 1700, should be a good merc for agi team but its a pity only 3 atks but on the plus side could freeze for two turns. On track for 6 of these as sat at rank 64 (5 + 2mil one). Playing to keep rank today as I have ranked up everyday. Will push to rank again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 23rd 2014, 10:58 am

nottoc wrote:
Got the event merc most stat's are over 2 k only wis and def 1700, should be a good merc for agi team but its a pity only 3 atks but on the plus side could freeze for two turns. On track for 6 of these as sat at rank 64 (5 + 2mil one). Playing to keep rank today as I have ranked up everyday. Will push to rank again tomorrow.

Good show Nick!

I've always been confused about this verbiage - freeze for two turns. Does this mean the next 2 hits, or the next 2 rounds of hits?  scratch 

Any help gang?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 23rd 2014, 12:04 pm

I'm pretty sure it means the next two rounds. It wouldn't make sense that it would stay frozen until it got hit twice. That could be the entire battle. Dakota would never allow that! At least they would save that skill for their Lethal or Brutal mercs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 23rd 2014, 1:01 pm

I agree two turns I would say, full stats for this R1 is :-

put your magic number in to see full stats, I would do it but BBQ time lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 24th 2014, 2:02 am

Ok well I tried the 3 merc and played the whole time not just last 3 days lol still not keen on this event but better now I dont get L teams on second go lol. The one thing I do love is the fact the rank you finish at the end is the rank you get ! Still say points should be auto added on the other events or at least evey 10k, I lost count the amount of times I thought I would be sub 45 to find im in the 50's or 60's..had to use ammo today to say top as FFF guy came from nowhere in the last 2 hrsand jumped me for double promo, got it bck in the last 20 mins lol got to love points boost on your last go :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 24th 2014, 9:47 am

I started this event with a little over 100 mags and used the last one about three hours before it ended.  I used regen ammo as much as I could (45 minute timer on my watch  Very Happy ).  I finished at 164 ranking so I managed to grab 1 omega cell and three R award mercs, but I was still about 1 million away from getting the one R on points.  I didn't run into many Point Boosts, especially after they sent out the message that they would appear more often  scratch.  I finished with 1.13 modifier for my squad which was a bit of a disappointment as I figured with that much ammo used, I would get higher than before.  I know that a lot of people wait for the last couple days then go for double promotions, but I just don't have the team/skill to be able to do that more than once without burning through a lot of ammo.  I was running a "5 forward-1 back" squad as someone said it is the same as a 3-man squad (front and back).  My line-up was (e3D&J-e4WR-e4Ulfr-r2Martial-e3D&J with my leader behind).  It seemed to work well, even for the "full squad" battles.  Heptathlete (who hooked me up with the Ulfr a while back) said he had some trouble with it when he came across it (although he may have seen a  e4EWCyborg-e3DJ-r2Martial-e3DJ-e3Taurus squad instead...I don't know if code engages Squad1 or Selected team).  I usually didn't run into squads containing Lethals until just before 15 wins.  I was also able to get past 15 consecutive wins more often this event (couple times to 21, once to 24) before feeling like I was wasting ammo trying again on a team that had already beaten me twice.  It's amazing the difference the luck of the roll makes past 15 wins.  I would get slaughtered one time, then defeat the same team no sweat on the second attempt.  I never tried using the 6 ammo option (double stats).  
    How does all this compare with you all?  Is the 5-1 squad OK, or is something else better?  Do any of you use this much ammo for PVP?  I guess I was foolish burning up all my ammo as that will hinder me being able to farm as well later.  Maybe next PVP, I will commit to never using more than a single mag per battle.  I felt like 3 single-mag battles usually added up to the same points as 1 3-mag battle anyway.  Would I be able to get much past 9 consecutive wins on only single mags though?  I would hate to lose out on those crystal sets at 15.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 24th 2014, 10:20 am

Its my first time at 3 front 3 back. For the first 4 days or so I just used the red bars at every 45 mins so free goes and was getting up to 15 then losing with the weaker back row so I could do the run again to get crystals. In the later days when I was in the ranking events I got promoted every day until the second to last when I played to keep rank. The last day I pushed and kept my team at in the high twenties to get max points, trouble with this is you lose the ammo you get for 3 wins as you never win the third and you miss out on the crystals but I did get double promotion :-) im not sure if this is the right way to go but I did use ammo in the last 3 days as you dont win evey battle and I needed to say high to get points. I reach the 2m with 2 days left and yesterday I had to push up to 859k to get double promo !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 24th 2014, 11:12 am

I didn't push too hard, netted at least a couple dozen mags, and finished at 163 with a 1.16 modifier.

I usually made it (w/ three non-adjacent team: Abyssal - blank - Endel - blank - Abyssal) to 24-27 wins before I hit the wall.

I only spent mags during the 4 point boosts I encountered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 24th 2014, 12:04 pm

I guess I've been doing things all wrong then. I will have to try the non-adjacent (foils the cluster-attack enemies) formation with whatever decent stand-alone mercs I have and forget about buffers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akkabane
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 24th 2014, 12:50 pm

thats what I do and I get to 24 sometimes 27 before I have extra mags to keep the wins
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 24th 2014, 2:24 pm

So maybe the 5 front/1 back is not equivalent . Do you run 3 front/3 back or just 3 in the whole squad? I'm just trying to see what the difference might be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akkabane
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   June 24th 2014, 3:42 pm

I use 3/3 with fast multi hitter in the front. Unless I don`t proc at least during the second round I win. It's frustrating when you loose against a crappy 5 men squad just because your own team doesn't proc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaddyCool
Common
Common

PostSubject: Next PvP event?   August 25th 2014, 5:33 am

When is next PvP event starting? Is there a regularity of events?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   August 25th 2014, 10:17 am

DaddyCool wrote:
When is next PvP event starting? Is there a regularity of events?

Likely soon Daddy. The events always follow the pattern of PVP >>> Raid >>> Tower. Timing has ranged from immediately after the event to nearly a week before the next event kicks off. We used to be able to "see" something a little bit before the event kicked off, but I think that's no longer the case since "genebound res" became the new normal.

Also, the infamy bonus you earn during the PVP event (not the daily PVP) carries forward until the next PVP event, so whatever multiplier you earn during PVP sticks for roughly the next 2 - 3 weeks (meaning the next Raid & Tower events).

Occasionally, Dakota will drop another event in the mix (like the current "rescue" mission) but generally its the big 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaddyCool
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   August 25th 2014, 10:30 am

Hmm as I thought. No announcements of event start makes it harder to finish preparation and get a head start. Dena at least announce two days in advance in BB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   August 25th 2014, 10:33 am

pglandis wrote:
I was running a "5 forward-1 back" squad as someone said it is the same as a 3-man squad (front and back).  My line-up was (e3D&J-e4WR-e4Ulfr-r2Martial-e3D&J with my leader behind).  It seemed to work well, even for the "full squad" battles.  Heptathlete (who hooked me up with the Ulfr a while back) said he had some trouble with it when he came across it (although he may have seen a  e4EWCyborg-e3DJ-r2Martial-e3DJ-e3Taurus squad instead...I don't know if code engages Squad1 or Selected team).   
    How does all this compare with you all?  Is the 5-1 squad OK, or is something else better?  Do any of you use this much ammo for PVP?  Would I be able to get much past 9 consecutive wins on only single mags though?  I would hate to lose out on those crystal sets at 15.

Lots of questions pglandis. Here's my 2 cents.

My squad's been generally either a 3-merc or 4-merc squad since that little secret came forward. When you can't clear the slate of opponents, occasionally they turn the tables. Hence the importance of "fastest AGI" for PVP.

Also, to Sphnyx's suggestion of a "spread squad", the gap foils the cluster attack skills, but eliminates your ability to leverage the "adjacent mercs" skills of so many possibilities. This is a "pick your poison" decision as to what works best for your set of mercs and plans for PVP.

On which squad is pulled into the fight, I believe it's the selected squad.

Generally I clear the 15th battles and start running into difficulty in the 18 - 21 range, and get stopped cold shot of the 30th win using just single mags. Occasionally, I'll go all out, but that's a rarity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaddyCool
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   August 25th 2014, 10:39 am

My latest account squad will remain a 4-man. As in BB there is an advantage strength of opponents you meet before streak 15. Speedais of course always important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   August 25th 2014, 12:43 pm

I've done a 3man front leader in back with blank-niobe-mord-cannonback-blank with really good results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   August 26th 2014, 12:28 am

There aren't too many cluster attack mercs around anymore, so it's not really too much of a concern (in my opinion).

I have also had a lot of success with a Niobe - adjacent attack/def buffer - multi hit attack based merc 3 man team. I also started running no back row (except for leader) which did seem to help. You do want your multi hit attack based merc to have some decent agi though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaddyCool
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   August 27th 2014, 5:08 am

Anyone informed about when the next PvP event is set off?
And what's your opinions on Umbra-Plasma. Is it any good for PvP?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WalllachIx1975
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   August 31st 2014, 7:03 am

Thinking of trying new team for PVP

D&JE4 Martial D&JE4 Nucleo Cavalier v2 D&JE4

C.Enf-E2 Kindjal-E4 K-E ironWarlordE4 C.Enf-E2

Think that has any chance of success past the usual level 15 in the PVP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   September 1st 2014, 12:24 am

Dude, you'll get easier opponents if you run either 3-merc or 4-merc squads. Something about how the algorithm is setup for identifying "fair" pairings.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WalllachIx1975
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   September 1st 2014, 6:14 am

so which ones would be the best to run with for pvp then out of those if doing 3 merc teamm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   September 1st 2014, 7:19 am

WalllachIx1975 wrote:
Thinking of trying new team for PVP

D&JE4   Martial    D&JE4    Nucleo Cavalier v2   D&JE4

C.Enf-E2    Kindjal-E4    K-E   ironWarlordE4    C.Enf-E2

Think that has any chance of success past the usual level 15 in the PVP

You want fast mercs that hit hard. You have an interesting mix.

D&J's can wipe away opponents before it begins (if their skill hits);
Nucleo is fast;
Kindjal silences;
Enforcer retaliates.

I might try a 4-merc squad of D&J - Kindjal - D&J - empty - Nucleo. This gives you prebattle, speed & silence.

As a 2nd option consider Enforcer - Martial - Enforcer - empty - Nucleo (or D&J). This crew has speed & retailiates when someone goes down.

Or try Nucleo - Martial - Kindjal for speed and silence. Have fun & experiment. Most times I just settle for a pile of 15 win sets, take my crystals & rinse/repeat.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaddyCool
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   September 5th 2014, 6:13 am

This PvP I was ranked 40 and 49 on low budget accounts. Spent around 50-60 mags each. I experienced with my mercs set ut and ended with one 3-man and one 4-man team using min 1 R mercs buffer. Made it easily to 18-24 streaks. Had to retry fight 24-30 sometimes. Farmed more than 100 cc and 4 genebound ps on each acc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PvP event   

Back to top Go down

PvP event
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatal Frontier Forum :: Fatal Frontier :: Events-
Jump to: