The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TFB - May Raid Event

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rocketsword
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 3rd 2014, 1:33 am

@alpha - thank you all for all the help to date, in many ways this raid is much more challenging than the previous one.

@farmers - thank you for your help as well

@zoar - I will keep om looking out for your name and hopefully be able to help with that illusive L
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 3rd 2014, 6:56 am

@deadhead on srbs.

You have to look for the srbs that come up and are 15 mins on the timer. This means you get SRBs that the savage guys will not have. Also ignore the first 30mins of a session.

The only SRB session I played was the first one and I think I got around 15 maybe more MVPs. I really haven't played much since then and I might have serious issues.

Also, -fataledge- is normally a top 10 player every event. He is pretty damn efficient I would imagine with his playing style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocketsword
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 3rd 2014, 11:22 am

Koflerk must feel like a kid in a toyshop with unlimited credit.... I will take this boss and that one and that one............oh and why not that one.

I hope I did not take any other TFB bosses. I always look at the current MVP before I have a go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocketsword
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 3rd 2014, 11:22 am

Koflerk must feel like a kid in a toyshop with unlimited credit.... I will take this boss and that one and that one............oh and why not that one.

I hope I did not take any other TFB bosses. I always look at the current MVP before I have a go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 3rd 2014, 11:25 am

Rocketsword wrote:

You took once mine. Was some bad sync again when i saw me as a MVP before last hit and you nowhere around and when i wanted to him it for last time, he was already years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocketsword
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 3rd 2014, 11:27 am

Sorry caya. I owe you one!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 3rd 2014, 2:41 pm

Well, that’s all folks. I’m out of time and ammo. With approx. 7.5hrs left in the event, I am at Rank #21. I’m going to collect my ally points later on and see if I win a Lethal. Thanks to my Alpha Squadmates and good luck!

PS-If I can squeak in a quick natural regen hit, I will for my allies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 3rd 2014, 5:21 pm

I've got about 100 mags left and a handful of genebound AC and I plan on using all of it in the final SRB period tonight. Sitting pretty at #9 so here's hoping I can stay in the 2L range!

@Dan Thanks for the tips, I'm getting a lot better at recognizing when an SRB is going to get MVPed by a savage team.

POST EVENT EDIT: Well I did pretty poorly in the last SRB period, I only MVPed 2. Competition was stiff and I dropped alot of mags on bosses I didn't MVP in the end. After adding ally points I'm at rank 7 with an uncomfortably small gap between me and 11th place. I have a feeling I'll only be walking away with one L. Oh well, still better than I've ever done before! Thanks for a great run Alpha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 3rd 2014, 10:19 pm

I think final rankings will be very interesting. There might be some significant movement due to allies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocketsword
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 12:25 am

Thank you to all. I must say that this is a great group - everybody hekped out at sone stage even if they were not in a specific ally group.

Here is hoping all get to where they wanted to, especially Zoar.

@dan - I agree, probabky more unknowns than before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocketsword
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 1:39 am

Well done Amerame, Daed, Caya, Mark and wait for it........................
ZOAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 2:06 am

Well its all over and I ranked  29th* over all and was in the farming team lol I feel sure I would have maded an L if beta would have pulled together a team.  I tried to help any from the forum so finger crossed you all got L's as got fed up with farming as was doing it wrong so just played. I hit 200 mags so I tried to hit just one SRB each in each time frame. As with others didn't try for MVP if one of you guys were pushing. Big thank you to the farmers who gave me a team , hope my ally point help bump you up a bit. Next time I farm I will do it right but I do like getting merc lol

just been pushed back to 36th now still good as i only had 250k ally points to add, if I would have had last times points would have hit 19th :-( , oh well my time will come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 7:12 am

I ended up placing 9th! Very happy right now. I see Zoar got his lethal too! What a great run! Thanks again Alpha! You all rock!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 7:36 am

Ranked 5th, made 6.4m and spent 650 mags in the process. Dan got a L pretty much through ally points, so pseudo beta scored 7 L.

That being said the R is 5x200% with very nice stats making it a top PvP merc, and maybe even a good raid one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 7:56 am

Hey! I earned half my points Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KainHighwind
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 8:04 am

Gratz to all TFB! Great job guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 8:36 am

Now that the May Raid event is concluded, I had some thoughts/comments/and opinions:

1. A big thanks to my TFB Alpha Squadmates for all of their help during this, and every, event.

2. Thanks to the top Lethal teams for taking a stand regarding the state of this game and trying to make it better. I know that for competitive players, it is difficult to stay on the sidelines instead of being on the field. But for someone who plays every event knowing that there is zero chance to finish better than the 23-45 bracket, it was a fun experience running and gunning until the last minute.

3. Although I was in the dark as much as the rest of TFB, my apologies for the confusion regarding Beta Squad during this event. Thanks to danthepirate for sharing some information with us. Since this event started, I have made some efforts to become more connected with other players.

4. Related to #3 above, I would encourage other players/teams to feel free to post in TFB topics with relevant news and information. We don’t bite…much.

5. Dakota-please make the decision to address the issues presented to you in a positive and effective manner. This is a pretty simple equation-a better game will get you more players and eventually more income. The players win with a better game and you win with a successful business. Instead of making this a ‘players vs developers’ situation where no one wins, work on making this a ‘players plus developers’ situation where we all win.

So who’s ready for Tower?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 12:05 pm

Thanks to everyone, the farming team especially, for putting up with my 9 ally points until the last minute. I tried at every turn to hit any TFB bosses that came up, right from the start, even tho it would cost me a mag or two down the line. If it weren't for you guys, I would never have been top 500, and I mean that!
Back to top Go down
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 1:53 pm

If any TFB member needs some micro fusion cells, send me a PM with how many you need. Will trade them away cheap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markmolina777
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 6:24 pm

I made it by the hair of my Chinny chin chin lol thx alpha u guys were great and @Dan u still giving away that lethal since u snuck in lol lol Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 4th 2014, 7:44 pm

I blame -fataledge- he was going to just farm and then decided to go nuts to help the guys out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 10:21 am

Gratz to TFB for putting up such a great showing! It was soooo hard not to jump in and go for a lethal since the top 10 point threshold was so much lower than normal. Although it was cool to give some of the more casual players a chance at an L.

Maybe Dakota should run two 'tiers' of each event, one with the standard L rewards for hardcore players and one with 'weaker' L rewards (like Synergist Revenant or Deadeye Doug) for more casual players. You can pick which event to participate in and have just as much fun in either!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caya
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 11:37 am

Looks like the savage boycott made Dakota boycott trading event rewards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 11:58 am

caya wrote:
Looks like the savage boycott made Dakota boycott trading event rewards.

Doubtful. They've been slow in the past, so this isn't too far afield. I think one time they went nearly a week before opening the X to the rewards.

My guess is they are about to release a "patch" and that has delayed the rewards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 3:46 pm

I noticed that they had "Final rankings not yet calculated" all the way up to when they cleared the button. I'm not even sure if ranking changed from that since they haven't posted the leaderboards list for Raid yet either. Any news at all about Dakota's response to the boycott? It was pretty amazing tracking through the big gap in points between 1st and everyone else. If that's any indication on money being spent on the event, Dakota took a hit this time around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 6:32 pm

Yeah there has been a response to the boycott. They are going to make the lvl up rewards past lvl 110 the non genebound kind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 7:18 pm

Wut? That's so completely retarded it's not funny. So people will just have to bot their army of alt to get ressources ?

To make sense they'd reward dayly PvP or give res with ranking reward. Not make free ressources only available to people playing multiple accounts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 8:46 pm

That's all that the boycott was about? Non-genebound res for undeveloped players? How do the various L-hunter groups feel about this response?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ucantseeme
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 9:13 pm

First of all, I must say congrats to all the L winners! Second, I feel pretty good about Dakota's response. At least it is something positive that came from this boycott and hopefully give people incentive to get to level 110. True some people may exploit it, but it will make them put in some time to do so. And it should help free up some tradable res so we can stop giving away mercs for nothing, or worse yet, having 5 mercs back because no one has the single ac or ps you asked for it. If this is implemented, I think it could be a win-win for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 9:21 pm

I apologize. I misread what danthepirate just posted. I thought he said that Dakota would give non-genebound res to people under lvl 110. Well, that is something at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 9:56 pm

Here are the original emails:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/83ix80qtvcea2zd/dakotaproposalfinaldraft.doc
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pc6k3vk9rlnb5q/dakotaletterofintent.docx

So, to clarify if it wasn't fully clear, when you level your leader you get resources. After lvl 110, the resources you get for lvling your character will be non genebound after the change.

This is not even close to anything that was asked for on the original emails that led to the boycott.

The leaders are not particularly impressed.

I think we will be seeing 24 low level accounts fighting for Ls in gates. Watch out for team Vagisil to dominate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ucantseeme
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 5th 2014, 10:11 pm

True, but I never expected for the leaders to get what they asked for in the original email. To get anything to help with res is still a positive, but that's my opinion. And you may be right about the new accounts in tower, dan, I know after sitting out raid, I am chomping at the bit to get back into running for Ls again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   June 7th 2014, 1:55 am

The main issue with the response from dakota is that they acted as if we were asking for a removal of gb res....that's not anywhere near the mark! Most understand the need for gb res, as it was a botters paradise before that.

While it is promising that they did SOMETHING, all they succeeded in doing was delaying gratification for said botters and reducing the amount of res they could farm per alt account. The clans were asking for so much more, and never would have suggested putting botters back in business by making tradeable res available simply by leveling up your leader...

It was something, but IMO, it was lazy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFB - May Raid Event   

Back to top Go down

TFB - May Raid Event
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatal Frontier Forum :: Fatal Frontier :: Events-
Jump to: