The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New Lethal Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: New Lethal Idea   July 16th 2014, 3:14 pm

I really think that Dakota should make a lethal in my honor as thanks for all I've done for this game. While it would be fun to make an overpowered lethal, I think a balanced lethal with a fun new skill would be much more reasonable. Something between a Mordeo and a Dead-Eye Doug perhaps?

Legendary Slayer v2
------------------------
HP: ~16k
ATK: ~15k
DEF: ~15k
WIS: ~13k
AGI: ~17k

Combat Awareness: Pre-battle, raise the ATK and DEF of self and adjacent squadmates.
Legendary Kill: Deal extreme ATK damage to the opponent with the highest HP (50% chance, 500% modifier)

What do you guys think? I like the idea that his niche is that he has a high chance (50%) to take out the strongest foe on the field, thereby 'slaying' the 'legend'. It would be cool, but not as ridiculously OP as all these new "Pre-battle wipe out 4/5 the enemy's entire squad. 50% chance" mercs that are coming out. Also, they would have to give me the first one obviously!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuckyDevil
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 16th 2014, 4:35 pm

Lol! I like it legend Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 16th 2014, 8:40 pm

No way is that getting combat awareness.

It would have to be a 50% buff mod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 16th 2014, 11:35 pm

Great idea!

My only adjustment would be to lower the Legendary Kill skill to 10 - 20% so those mortals that cross your path would have a chance to survive the 1st wave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 16th 2014, 11:50 pm

It's only a 1 hit skill so it needs to have a high proc rate. You could even bump it up to 70%.

Having Combat Awareness would make it overpowered which is why I said 50% like doublegun. An alternative would be to use the niobe skill so it kills the most powerful enemy but buffs the 2 weakest allies (call it legend maker or something???).

I would bump the attack dmg to 600% which would make it amazing in raid (you would have to look at dropping it back if you went with the 70% proc rate for the attack). To balance that you could drop the att stat by a couple of thousand.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 18th 2014, 9:43 am

Great idea, terrible name for a Lethal tho.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 18th 2014, 10:03 am

Lol fresh, I don't disagree!

Although it's pretty hard to beat Dakota's latest 'Splenetic Tiki Totem' ... it just strikes so much fear into the hearts of its enemies!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuckyDevil
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 20th 2014, 12:22 pm

How about a new L Deep space commander.
Skill 1: demoralize
Skill 2: raise attack and defense
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 21st 2014, 7:58 am

legendslayer wrote:
I really think that Dakota should make a lethal in my honor as thanks for all I've done for this game. While it would be fun to make an overpowered lethal, I think a balanced lethal with a fun new skill would be much more reasonable. Something between a Mordeo and a Dead-Eye Doug perhaps?

Legendary Slayer v2
------------------------
HP: ~16k
ATK: ~15k
DEF: ~15k
WIS: ~13k
AGI: ~17k

Combat Awareness: Pre-battle, raise the ATK and DEF of self and adjacent squadmates.
Legendary Kill: Deal extreme ATK damage to the opponent with the highest HP (50% chance, 500% modifier)

What do you guys think? I like the idea that his niche is that he has a high chance (50%) to take out the strongest foe on the field, thereby 'slaying' the 'legend'. It would be cool, but not as ridiculously OP as all these new "Pre-battle wipe out 4/5 the enemy's entire squad. 50% chance" mercs that are coming out. Also, they would have to give me the first one obviously!

You will have to let us know what the view is like from up on the high horse you seem to be on.  Be careful, the fall is dangerous.
Back to top Go down
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 21st 2014, 8:34 am

sharkguy wrote:
You will have to let us know what the view is like from up on the high horse you seem to be on.  Be careful, the fall is dangerous.

Welcome to the forums, sharkguy! You must be new around here. The introductions threads are in the next forum over. I hope you enjoy the game! If you need any tips on how to play or who to talk to when you want to know something, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 21st 2014, 11:03 am

Aww so cute. Mr Importance doesnt appreciate his usefulness questioned? Got news for ya, nobody cares. Troll complete.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 31st 2014, 2:39 pm

sharkguy wrote:
Aww so cute.  Mr Importance doesnt appreciate his usefulness questioned?  Got news for ya, nobody cares.  Troll complete.  

Hey sharky, you might want to go back about 8 to 12 months into the history of the forum and check out how many of the ideas put forward by our lowly forum dwellers were incorporated into future mercs and various enhancements.

The leadership of Dakota Interactive might not give any credit or kudos, but those that have been floating around here for a while know the truth.

Legend, I don't think your merc idea will get the same consideration that went into the one commerating FightinFrank / Aceslifebegins, but it might show up when we least expect it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 31st 2014, 2:43 pm

Hep, I have no doubt that the powers that be will see ideas and use them, what the comment was based on was the self-importance attributed to one particular individual. I myself have offered up ideas to Dakota, via email, but I have never been so conceited to think that they OWED me anything for it.
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   July 31st 2014, 6:00 pm

I think you need to step back and consider who you're criticizing here Shark Guy. As far as community members go, I can't think of anyone more deserving of having a Lethal named after them than Legend Slayer. He's been here longer that anyone still active on the forum, he's made top tier teams from scratch at least twice, he's the reason we can access the JSON data, he's the reason the Wiki stays updated and he always has good advice and mercs to give to new players. I really don't understand your beef with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   August 1st 2014, 6:41 am

Beef with him? Of course not. Beef with individuals that perceive themselves to be better or more important than anyone else? Why yes, I do. Ok so maybe for the handful of players that use the wiki or json data, there is an individual that requires gratitude. But do the developers of a game, that do not care one bit about those things, really owe him anything? Not in a million years. Inflated egos, thanks you those of you that worship people like that, are of no help. Do you really think that the game would be in any different state if this one man had never done a thing? I seriously doubt it. The same as i feel that all of this is not even worth stating.
Oh, and make sure you use chapstick...
Back to top Go down
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   August 1st 2014, 7:10 am

First of all, recognizing Legend Slayer's accomplishments is not the same as worshiping him. Second of all, much more than a "handful of players" use the wiki. Lastly, you seem to be inordinately angry about what was clearly just a creative tounge-in-cheek idea. I'd suggest you take a moment to figure out what is really making you so upset, because I doubt it's this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Fresh-Fil-A
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   August 1st 2014, 11:20 am

^ Jealousy ^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Lethal Idea   

Back to top Go down