The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Notice to TFB Members

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Notice to TFB Members   September 4th 2014, 9:57 am

Notice to all TFB members.  This PVP event is my last “official” event.  Hopefully someone else will step up to coordinate squads for future event allies.

The announcement of the second Brutal Golem is the last straw.  For multiple reasons, this game is no longer any fun to me.  Dakota has done an excellent job of crashing this game straight into the ground.  A sarcastic thumbs up to you idiots.

Anyways, I’m going to hang around (both in-game and here) just to see how things wind down.  Might still try to do some trading and stumble through some events.  I’m just not going to stare at my phone for hours anymore smashing buttons for no real point.  It’s time to let the power curve and money grab pass me by-so long and thanks for all the fish.

Zoar1984
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 4th 2014, 5:24 pm

I knew this day was approaching for you and fast but it's still sad to see you go. You've been the backbone of TFB since it's inception, it just won't be the same without you.

And I totally agree about the brutal cards. FF used to be a fairly even playing field, that is to say free players had a chance at the same cards that the paying players had a chance at. Now, it's looking like Brutal (and eventually Immortal) cards will always be locked behind a pay-wall. This is blatant pay-to-win bullshit and it is a turn-off for me as well. I don't think anyone can hold it against you that you're quitting over this. I've honestly been thinking about it too but my shiny new turtle team is just too much fun to play with.

As far as who should step up into the leadership role for TFB, I'd like to nominate Hept. Hept is more or less the most active poster on this forum and he is always super friendly to new players. I can't think of a better candidate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 5th 2014, 3:36 am

I would think of it as a retirement versus quitting for good. But yes, the new pay-wall is the barrier which I'm not going to cross. Maybe things will change, maybe they won't-no one knows...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 8th 2014, 8:34 pm

Z: I'll drop you into TFB Ronin until you indicate otherwise.

And thanks for you valiant stewardship of the TFB brand over the many months since we pondered how to competitively collaborate a long time ago ... in a place far, far away ...

Rock on TFB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FatalFrontierDev
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 9th 2014, 6:17 am

We understand everyone here is loyal and dedicated to FF. And I assure you, even if I am not available or replying, your feedback and suggestions are being reviewed.

I would like to share few things with you guys. Before introducing new cards in the game, we monitor daily Analytics thoroughly and our meta data engineers create new stats carefully, maintaining the current game balance. Same goes with the card skills, rarity, prices etc.

@Zoar1984/DaedHead8: Please, share your opinion why the new Brutal is not good for FF. What are those multiple reasons, making this game not fun. We are working hard to make this enjoyable for both paying and non-paying users. For quick response please use "fatalfrontier@dakotainteractive.com".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 9th 2014, 9:30 am

@FatalFrontierDev:  Part of the problem is lack of communication.  So no, I’m not going to email you directly.  I’m going to reply to you here out in the open for everyone to see.  It’s really not that hard to spend 20 minutes out of your super busy day to check the player Forum FOR YOUR GAME.  God knows it only averages about three new posts a day.

Also, I’m not going to spend the time to summarize all of the FF problems and fix your game.  Why don’t you hire DaedHead8, Legendslayer, Heptathlete, and myself as consultants and we will tell you in black and white how to save your sinking ship?  Or you could actually read the past forum posts-the FF community has been pretty vocal about the issues with this game.  Now I doubt that you will find the truths out there so let me quote DaedHead to highlight my “last straw”:

“Now, it's looking like Brutal (and eventually Immortal) cards will always be locked behind a pay-wall. This is blatant pay-to-win bullshit and it is a turn-off for me as well.”

So my issue is not only with merc stats and power creep.  Since I don’t have the money to spend, nor would I spend money on this game now even if I had extra cash, there is no way for me to get these more and more powerful mercs.  Thus when I play in events, I am running into all Lethal mega-death squads that I simply can’t beat.  Playing a game where I have no chance to do well unless I spend large amounts of cash is no f*cking fun.  Plain and simple. There are other games I can play where I can do well and win every now and then without spending $300 for one merc.

Finally, it’s not like I have terrible mercs/squads.  I can’t even imagine the barrier to entry for your game these days for new players.  Maybe you should look at your metadata and see if you can figure out why you have about 150 competitive players these days.  Hint-reread the above paragraph and the forum posts.  Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TechnicalSpartanism
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 9th 2014, 10:02 am

Unless you get people that want to come in and spend about $4-500 on resources in the shop, new players have no way to get competitive. Even coming in and buying a brutal won't help you much against teams that have both brutals and the best lethals out there, where are the new players gonna find the fun in that?

I had one Lethal in my squad last pvp, and was considering a lethal run, but every time I got around 14-15 win streak, I was fighting a Brutal Hellcat. Damn near every streak thereafter had a brutal. I stopped playing altogether after I hit a million points. Way too much time and energy was being spent on losing, then having to take revenge, sometimes more than once, in order to keep me from going back to the 300-400 points per fight zone lol.

And FFdev, you keep telling people to email you guys, but when we do, the emails received are general, cookie cutter BS that seems like it was copy and pasted. We don't get any real answers from those emails (and usually, the emails address one of the topics of the original email, and ignores the rest of it).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 9th 2014, 10:25 am

Zoar1984 wrote:
@FatalFrontierDev:  ...
Also, I’m not going to spend the time to summarize all of the FF problems and fix your game.  Why don’t you hire DaedHead8, Legendslayer, Heptathlete, and myself as consultants and we will tell you in black and white how to save your sinking ship?  
... Hint-reread the above paragraph and the forum posts.  Good luck.

AMEN! And the reply from behind the curtain is ...

... crickets ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KvHulk
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 9th 2014, 10:42 am

FatalFrontierDev wrote:
We understand everyone here is loyal and dedicated to FF. And I assure you, even if I am not available or replying, your feedback and suggestions are being reviewed.

I would like to share few things with you guys. Before introducing new cards in the game, we monitor daily Analytics thoroughly and our meta data engineers create new stats carefully, maintaining the current game balance. Same goes with the card skills, rarity, prices etc.

@Zoar1984/DaedHead8: Please, share your opinion why the new Brutal is not good for FF. What are those multiple reasons, making this game not fun. We are working hard to make this enjoyable for both paying and non-paying users. For quick response please use "fatalfrontier@dakotainteractive.com".

Stop bullshitting us. It's been almost 8 weeks since you last took your head out of the hole.

You always hide behind this "We always reads your feedbacks(sic)" shit & "I assure you we will blah blah blah"

The only thing you have done on a reliable schedule is disappear for inordinate amounts of time before showing up again with more reassurances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 9th 2014, 1:09 pm

I hear ya' Hulkster!

Maybe if they "hired" a few of us, we'd all be in a better place.

Hey FFdev, are you listening? Or are you taking another "8 week smoke break"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozziev
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 9th 2014, 2:16 pm

hell I'm cheap I would do it for moba coin in game:P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 10th 2014, 11:14 am

fozziev wrote:
hell I'm cheap I would do it for moba coin in game:P

Considering how the cheaters have a way to stockpile mobacoins, that's REALLY cheap. hehehe

BTW foz, are you trying to be the contractor with the lowest bid, or do you have WAY too much time on your hands?

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fozziev
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   September 10th 2014, 11:27 am

well i have to much time on my hands while im at work Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   October 7th 2014, 12:13 pm

In the October PVP event (still my favorite event), I'm now running up against some squads that have 3 or more Brutal mercs. Now it's official that there are some squads that are full of lethals and/or brutals that I simply can't beat. No matter my squad configuration or full auto attack, 24+ mags later I still lose. I personally can't imagine spending that much money on this game. I wonder if I can trade for a brutal cause that's what I'm going to need...oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   October 8th 2014, 6:52 pm

^ I just made a similar complaint in the PVP thread. I feel your pain brother. It's bad too, because brutals will never trade for anything but 2 or more top tier lethals or other brutals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notice to TFB Members   

Back to top Go down

Notice to TFB Members
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatal Frontier Forum :: Fatal Frontier :: Events-
Jump to: