The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 5th 2014, 8:58 pm

Ok Zoar, I'll step in for this one >>> here we go for the September 2014 Raid Event!

ArrowThe Team Fug Bug (TFB) Official Charter

Important Tips:  Be very clear when you post what squad you want to join (plus the less movement between squads the better for me and logistics).  You will also want to be sure to list your forum ID, In-game ID and invite code.  Also make sure you are not at 50/50 for allies.  The current theory is that if you are 50/50, you will not show up in the search results.  Clear some room and do your out-of-event ally invites early before the event starts.  Plus if you can't find a player’s name, search previous TFB events listed here on the forum and you might find them with a different IGN.  Once the event does start, send your requests and be patient.  Don't Panic after 10 minutes and accept some unknown player’s request.  Give your squadmates ~24 hours to accept before trying to find a replacement.

Team Fug Bug (TFB) Event Ally List (Mission XXV-Raid)

FBS-Alpha >>> Lethal Hunters
+Target is to rank <20

FBS-Beta >>> More Serious
+Target is to rank <100
1.  WalllachIx1975
2.   nottoc

FBS-Gamma >>> Farm then Attack
+Target is to rank at least <250
1.  heptathlete
2.  Daedhead8
3.  sphynx187
4. markmolina777

FBS-Delta >>> Least Serious - Farming
+Target is to rank at least <500
1.  Amerame
2.   pglandis

TFB-Ronin

+  Zoar1984

Ronin - A player who will play in the event while also doing other in-game things (such as farming ammo, leveling mercs, etc.).  They are not held to finishing the event under a certain rank.  They will not send out Event Ally requests.  However if you send them one, they will accept if not already at max.[/quote]

Last edited by heptathlete on September 8th 2014, 8:38 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Inserted allies - load 3)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 6th 2014, 1:18 am

Alpha please! I've got my tools out and I'll be farming but I should clear 250 no problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Amerame
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 6th 2014, 4:49 am

I think I'll farm this time, but I could go for L again if a few other people are in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 6th 2014, 12:13 pm

Hmm ...

Inserting a post from Daedhead to spur some discussion and feedback:

DaedHead8 wrote:
I think TFB in its current incarnation has had an amazing run. We went from being a top 250 team, to regularly placing all 6 squad members in the top 100, to winning Lethals. And because of our amazing success, I think it may be time to revise the charter. Especially since the majority of the people who join our squads these days have been asking for it for awhile now.

Now, my idea is to have more squads than we will fill up every event. Basically every event have a squad for Lethals, top 100, top 250 and top 500. Since all the squads won't fill up, everyone will just move up spaces when the event starts until the squads are full from Lethal down. I don't think it's worth it to sort by geography anymore, since we rarely fill up two entire squads and it's just extra work.

Thoughts? This setup means we would have 4 standing squads, and for Raid the "farm then attack" folks would likely fit within the 3rd group (the top 250 set).

Ready to make the shift gang?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 6th 2014, 12:21 pm

This means Daedhead drops to Gamma & Amerame drops to Delta.

Make sense?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 6th 2014, 11:02 pm

Thanks, hept. I like this set-up. I think it gives good delineation to the various levels of ambition among TFB members. That said, I'm not sure that there has been enough participation lately to man four separate teams, but hopefully that will change with this set-up. We should be prepared for the likelihood of needing to consolidate teams until the involvement increases.

So please put me in to Delta (with a possible bump up to Gamma if we need to close the ranks). School is back in session in New Jersey and I have an additional prep (Computer Applications) on top of my regular Physics, Chemistry and Physical Science load. I'm not exactly sure how much time I will have to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WalllachIx1975
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 7th 2014, 5:43 am

chuck me in beta for now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 7th 2014, 8:46 am

Updated rosters as of Sunday AM (USA - eastern time).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 7th 2014, 5:55 pm

I like this setup (as I should, it was my idea).

And pglandis, I figured everyone would just slide upwards when the event starts in order to consolidate teams. That way the L hunters, if there are any, are at least assured a full squad if they want it.
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 7th 2014, 7:21 pm

@DaedHead8 - That sounds about right.  We will push everyone up to fill teams from top down, but each player will still only be expected to attain their original goal.  E.g. If I originally sign up for Gamma, but get pushed up to Alpha because only a few people sign up, no one will be upset that I farm for a while then cash in and play hard enough during the last couple days to end the event at 248 ranking before ally points are added.  I suppose if there is such poor interest as this, potential L hunters will just decide to save resources for a later event.

One difficulty I foresee with this shifting procedure would be for those who get stuck with an incomplete team at the bottom after everyone is shifted up.  However, if Ronin is also included in the shift, that should leave short only players who weren't expecting to be on a team anyway.  Or perhaps some of the lower team players will readily volunteer to be held to the bottom to let others be included in a complete team.

Just thinking out loud.  What do the rest of you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nottoc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 8th 2014, 8:40 am

beta for me please
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 8th 2014, 11:23 am

I'll take gamma.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markmolina777
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 8th 2014, 7:41 pm

Gamma
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 8th 2014, 8:40 pm

Updated list, and Zoar, I dropped you into the "Ronin" classification since that's about what your "I tired of this *(&^%$^&$(" note about the state of FF alluded to.

If mistaken, please let me know and I'll make the appropriate adjustment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 8th 2014, 9:18 pm

Ronin works for me. I'll be out there somewhere lurking in the shadows. A warrior with no home. A lost spirit...ummm, enough of that. I'll probably play some in this event, and Ronin status works just fine. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 9th 2014, 1:05 am

^^^ Lurkin' ... Lurkin' ... Lurkin' ...

Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 9th 2014, 9:06 pm

Event is live! I've accepted requests from Mark Molina and Amerame and I've sent requests to Hept, Sphynx and Wallachix. Sorry to leave you out in the cold Nottoc but you weren't already on my friends list. Good luck everybody!
Back to top Go down
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 9th 2014, 9:37 pm

DaedHead8 wrote:
I figured everyone would just slide upwards when the event starts in order to consolidate teams. That way the L hunters, if there are any, are at least assured a full squad if they want it.

@Daed - I see a little discrepancy here.  You really should have waited the 24 hour "Don't Panic" period to set up the obvious consolidated team of Wallach, Nottoc, Hept, Daed, Sphynx, and Markmolina instead of accepting Amerame's request.

So the big question now is, "What do the rest of us do?"  I am definitely sending an ally request to Nottoc to make sure he doesn't get totally excluded.  I guess I'll wait a bit to see who sends me a request after that then fill in later with non-TFB as necessary.  

Let's do this better next time.  Gotta have room for improvement, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 10th 2014, 8:31 am

I am around folks, just had a busy night with the kiddos. Anyone not full get at me. Mark, you appear to be full already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 10th 2014, 11:21 am

pglandis wrote:
DaedHead8 wrote:
I figured everyone would just slide upwards when the event starts in order to consolidate teams. That way the L hunters, if there are any, are at least assured a full squad if they want it.

@Daed - I see a little discrepancy here.  You really should have waited the 24 hour "Don't Panic" period to set up the obvious consolidated team of Wallach, Nottoc, Hept, Daed, Sphynx, and Markmolina instead of accepting Amerame's request.

So the big question now is, "What do the rest of us do?"  I am definitely sending an ally request to Nottoc to make sure he doesn't get totally excluded.  I guess I'll wait a bit to see who sends me a request after that then fill in later with non-TFB as necessary.  

Let's do this better next time.  Gotta have room for improvement, I guess.

Well dang! I was hoping that the auto-fill was going to go smoothly, but it looks like we have a kink or two.

Who's still short allies? My dance card for this raid event still has 2 slots open if anyone needs an ally (or better yet, does anyone care?).

Separately, I think we might have to re-evaluate the dynamic of "elevating" from a lower to a higher group. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 10th 2014, 12:03 pm

How about we let those in the higher performing crews pick from the crews in the lower ones? This doesn't imply anything about favoritism, planned vs. actual performance, or anything.

Some might want allies in a similar geography, past allies, or even ... non-regular TFB stars (e.g. legend, KV, fozzie, duavae, etc). At the end of the day it's all about how many points can I garner in about 7 days. AND, who can help me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 10th 2014, 2:39 pm

I have two slots open as well, but one will be taken if I accept an ally request from Sphynx. Since I never intended to be in the top team, I want to make sure those guys get the best allies. I am still planning to farm for a few days and then cash it all in and play when I can after the SRB's come on the scene. I expect to end up in the <300 ranking range.

@Sphynx - If you find a better ally situation, please take it. I will wait another 8 hours or so (around 11:00 EST) before I accept your request (if it's still there). Whatever is best for you is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 10th 2014, 5:34 pm

Sorry if I screwed things up. I just figured since it was such a small turnout this time, it would be better if every mixed and matched a bit. I think a discussion about how to handle these situations is in order, as hept suggested.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 11th 2014, 8:33 am

^^ No worries, bro. Remember how many times things got screwed up in the past.

The best laid plans of mice & men ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WalllachIx1975
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 11th 2014, 8:39 am

Doh just misclicked and fusioned away two of the event rewards from last event which i was in the progress of leveling up for pope lol :-(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 11th 2014, 3:25 pm

Wow, that stinks! I've done something like that before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 11th 2014, 8:52 pm

WalllachIx1975 wrote:
Doh just misclicked and fusioned away two of the event rewards from last event which i was in the progress of leveling up for pope lol :-(

Welcome to the "Dain Bramage" club, walla ... Shocked

We've all done this - some more than once ... Embarassed

Hoping it was the counter merc and not the "go slap yourself" guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markmolina777
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 13th 2014, 2:10 pm

Hey guys shutting down for the weekend before I get into trouble Smile good luck everyone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 14th 2014, 10:33 am

How's everyone doing so far? I'm getting a lot of farming done, maybe not as much as I absolutely could, but still quite a bit. I also just managed to MVP a SRB, so when I harvest my crops, I should get a nice bump in the rankings there.
Back to top Go down
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 14th 2014, 10:50 am

markmolina777 wrote:
Hey guys shutting down for the weekend before I get into trouble Smile good luck everyone

I'm always in trouble ... good luck avoiding that landmine.

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markmolina777
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 14th 2014, 5:43 pm

I'm standing on the landmine now.. I don't know whether to step off and blow my leg off Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heptathlete
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 16th 2014, 12:40 pm

markmolina777 wrote:
I'm standing on the landmine now.. I don't know whether to step off and blow my leg off Sad

Remember Indiana Jones? It's always better to try rather than succumb to something that might NOT be inevitable.

Rock on TFB! Wifey's all over me this event so my numbers are going to suck. Sorry guys, I should have gone Gamma or Ronin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoar1984
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 16th 2014, 12:47 pm

Chemistry 101:

Wife + Gaming = Nitroglycerin

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sphynx187
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 18th 2014, 10:37 am

How did everyone end up? I think I ended around 100 or so before ally points.

I think I snagged a SRB mvp on the last sighting that added around 25% to my point total. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pglandis
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 18th 2014, 2:33 pm

I wasn't able to get an MVP, but got JVP on a bunch of them.  Overall, I didn't get to play as much as I expected.  I was  over my ranking goal of 300 (I think it was 320) without any ally points, and I  landed at 290 overall.  I wish I had been able to do better, but I just had too much else to do. Thanks to my allies for the boost at the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markmolina777
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 18th 2014, 6:53 pm

I pushed to hard this event looks like everyone else took a vacation... no one wanted the sun god ra I guess lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WalllachIx1975
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 21st 2014, 5:39 am

Pushed as much as i could with the time allowed and think ended up around rank 80 with one leveled event fam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WalllachIx1975
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 21st 2014, 5:41 am

but reward is pretty dubious or am i missing something with this sungod dude
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    September 22nd 2014, 10:43 am

^I traded mine off for an AC a piece which is honestly higher than I was expecting to get. They must have good stats and/or a good modifier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice    

Back to top Go down

TFB September 2014 Raid Event Notice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1