The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PVP Event Tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator

PostSubject: PVP Event Tips   February 25th 2013, 4:47 am

Top tips will be added to the first post. Post yours here. I have several and will post some myself later.

• Your opponents scale to how powerful your strongest brigade is. Essentially, this means that a 3-man team with mediocre squadmates can outrank 5-man tier 1 teams due to having far easier opponents. It appears that it scales according to the following factors:
    1. According to the total amount of stat points of one full line of your strongest brigade.
    2. The strongest squadmate you have in any of your brigades. Having a Blood Widow Queen even by herself, for instance, will generate tier 1 opponents.
    Take these into consideration when tackling PVP events by emptying out any brigades you think are generating stronger opponents and by maintaining an optimum balance of stats (not too high to generate strong opponents you can't consistently handle, not too low as to simply not suck). So far, it seems sticking to the low-side of stats is highly favorable.
  • You encounter stronger opponents when you unlock 4-man and 5-man brigade formations. So once again, try to strike the optimum balance.
  • Take the most advantage of point boosts.
  • You win a full set of crystals (1 HP, 1 Attack, 1 Defense, 1 Wisdom, 1 Agility) at 15, 24, and 30 win-streaks, so going all-out to secure these crystals is wise.
  • Your team procs less and less as your win-streak increases. Take this into account when choosing opponents.

Last edited by Lanseal on February 25th 2013, 10:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   February 25th 2013, 10:33 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   February 25th 2013, 10:40 pm

you sure it's based off your strongest squad... and not your whole account. For example I tried putting all 3 of my squads with just one fam in it and was still getting strong opponents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   February 26th 2013, 12:39 am

What level is your warlord? It also plays a role in how "strong" the game deems you to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   February 26th 2013, 2:56 am

bwjoejr wrote:
you sure it's based off your strongest squad... and not your whole account. For example I tried putting all 3 of my squads with just one fam in it and was still getting strong opponents.
Actually I suspect this is also the case, like the game remembering your strongest point and keeping it permanently. It's certainly believable. But also I think that unlocking 4-man and 5-man automatically increases the difficulty even if your squadmates remain the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everydaynyc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   March 6th 2013, 6:11 am

Maybe the game auto locks in whatever the strongest you have in a current position is or ever was. So perhaps just emptying your brigades down to just your warlord won't do it, and honestly if your warlord is a lvl 130 anyway well then even if it's only going on current brigades then you won't have much wiggle room as a result. But what if you dump all your brigades of higher fams and plug in a bunch hissing fug bugs and the like for example. Maybe those might offset the balance of your warlord enough to get a better lower powered team to battle with. I think that they are prolly counting on the hiding of higher powered fams in your reserve regardless and factor them in as a result personally. It seems like a given. I doubt the game is like "Hmmm Ok you've got a couple mini skrilz a mean Mary, an automated labor and a fug bug brain... Here's the team of snow commandos and a brodey for you to fight. Muahahahaaa..... What what what!?? I didn't see all the giant icebots and bwq's you had hiding back there behind them! Ohhh you got me. You got me good that time!" I think there are a few givens that also affect which is your current rank to which you can do nothing to hide, as well as your current brigade number be it 3,4, or 5 man team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coronach
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   March 13th 2013, 6:53 am

Not an expert but in my opinion useful tip for early players Wink

Do no take promotion on first or second day of group battles. Two advantages:

1. You have weaker opponents to get promoted through remaining daily group battles (easier to promote or keep title) and avoid regular players.

2. You get extra points fighting higher rank players, while you are still on lower tier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   March 13th 2013, 2:04 pm

On first day rush to top title (should take about 10 minutes and maybe 9 battles, its worth it to all out imo) and then farm. You are wasting ammo if you're trying to be #1 on the first few days because points per battle are much lower.

Always go for top promotion everyday imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IBishopX
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   March 13th 2013, 3:00 pm

I agree with both coronach and zzz - the point is to maximize your rank, so if you think you're going to get promoted into a tier on the last day that you won't be able to hold rank in (and inevitably get demoted out of) set yourself up so that you are in your "second best" tier on the last day so you can at least promote into a better tier when the event is over and you don't have to "defend" your rank. Its all in the timing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laks0n
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   July 19th 2013, 6:40 am

The strategy I am using atm generates me quite a chunk of pts while being res-efficient. I climb up to around 15 win streak (not max, I can reach up to 21, this is somewhat important) and then only do 2 fights, without advancing further. This way I get around 7-9k per fight. When point boost hits, I do single and all out fights, and progress trough ranks. With a point boost, it is more worth to progress trough streak and get stomped after.

Pros:
Great points
2 fights in 10 mins means more chances to make it after a game crash
Often same batch of opponents (daily) meaning you know who you can beat
Seriously big points, I had to abort to avoid a double promo (lower and mid tier players get stomped if they hit double promo to early)
No unwanted leader leveling

Cons
No mag farming (you still get them from daily rewards)
No crystals
Itchy trigger finger to leave 1 moral unspent
Requires more play time (i do fights every 30 mins or so)
must wait 10 mins for streak to end

Talked to some top players, they do it too. Some of them intentionaly leave a squad with leader only, so they can lose 30th match, get revenge, and repeat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthainius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   January 16th 2014, 10:58 am

This was back when you lost once the counter started over (which I loved) also I've explained it a few times but I'm just going to bump this thread so I don't have to explain it again haha. 99% of this info is still correct just not the part about unlocking 4-5 man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   February 17th 2014, 3:53 pm

I must be missing something. Someone in my group just put up almost 1.5m points in under an hour. How is it even possible to do that? I have a 98% win rate with my current set up and even with point boosts and constant playing I'm not getting anywhere close to that.

I am winning all my streaks though. So every 30 battles I start over at streak 1 with low points. Perhaps this is my issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danthepirate
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   February 17th 2014, 5:43 pm

Probably a couple of things. The leader board can be a bit dodgy with its updates so it can look like someone put up points in a shorter span of time than what happened in reality. The other thing is that you have a bunch of freaks in your group. I have seen someone average 1.25m per hour over an 8 hour period so I could imagine that if you got really lucky with point boosts and triggering battles that 1.5m in a particular hour is doable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PVP Event Tips   

Back to top Go down

PVP Event Tips
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1