The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Raid Event Tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator

PostSubject: Raid Event Tips   February 25th 2013, 4:52 am

Top tips will be added to the first post. Post yours here. I have several and will post some myself later. Here's one.

• You can still fight raid bosses within the main area by "saving" bosses that you've defeated without "opening" them for points. Then when in a main area, "open" a defeated boss for points. Bosses discovered by other people will show up in the list soon afterward. This only lasts for a short while if you aren't constantly updating your event-related data (such as fighting a boss or "opening" a boss), so saving up several of these when going through a long zone is best. The only disadvantage, of course, is not discovering bosses yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LtButtstrong
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   February 25th 2013, 2:21 pm

Lanseal wrote:
Top tips will be added to the first post. Post yours here. I have several and will post some myself later. Here's one.

• You can still fight raid bosses within the main area by "saving" bosses that you've defeated without "opening" them for points. Then when in a main area, "open" a defeated boss for points. Bosses discovered by other people will show up in the list soon afterward. This only lasts for a short while if you aren't constantly updating your event-related data (such as fighting a boss or "opening" a boss), so saving up several of these when going through a long zone is best. The only disadvantage, of course, is not discovering bosses yourself.
That's...bloody clever. Nice one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   February 25th 2013, 2:42 pm

After finishing all 5 zones in the event area; I go back to zone 2 to rerun over and over. You still get 1 ammo mag for finishing and you can nearly finish the whole map on full energy. Also, all the mobs are UC so lvling the savages is fast. If i had no savages to lvl, i would run zone 1 the whole time because it's even shorter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TurboTalon
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   February 25th 2013, 5:49 pm

Ravendill wrote:
After finishing all 5 zones in the event area; I go back to zone 2 to rerun over and over. You still get 1 ammo mag for finishing and you can nearly finish the whole map on full energy. Also, all the mobs are UC so lvling the savages is fast. If i had no savages to lvl, i would run zone 1 the whole time because it's even shorter Very Happy

The main area pays out like 50% more exp and savages still get 2x so it's A LOT faster to level them there. Seems like the maps generate more enemies as well. I was withdrawing and mobilizing in the event area dozens of times before getting a good map.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeionHitman

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   February 28th 2013, 2:21 am

I will give tips after this event loool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   February 28th 2013, 11:09 am

TurboTalon wrote:
Ravendill wrote:

The main area pays out like 50% more exp and savages still get 2x so it's A LOT faster to level them there. Seems like the maps generate more enemies as well. I was withdrawing and mobilizing in the event area dozens of times before getting a good map.

the reasoning behind doing zone 2 is because it's short and I get an ammo at the end of the zone. you don't get ammo at the end of regular zones. Also, all the mobs on zone 2 are UC, so the exp for lvling savages is pretty good still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   February 28th 2013, 2:13 pm

Most important tip: be ready to drop $200-$500 for the event to place Top 10/20. I dropped a mere $70, and had also stockpiled 300 ammo mags and 50 ammo cans, and will most likely be knocked out of top 10 by the higher paying players and their full-savage teams that MVP super raid bosses over my team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RAWdzilla
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   March 29th 2013, 6:24 pm

I typically slack during the PVP event to stock up on earned ammo clips.

I generally miss a promotion, or two, but use just enough clips to get promotions on the last two days.

By waiting to go after promotions, one gets the advantage of seeing all of the top players long since advanced, and can still earn a respectable title, while managing to build a nice stockpile of ammo clips for the next raid event.

As for raid bosses, since I am at top player level (130), but still vastly outclassed by the big boys, I save my ammo clips for Super Raid Bosses (SRB), deviating only rarely, for a "sure thing" 3 star, worth big points.

A "sure thing" is one that is low on health, with plenty of time left. (not a real sure thing though)

Bottom line, be very selective about when/where you use any and all ammo... Generated, or through use of clips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeionHitman

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   March 29th 2013, 6:35 pm

Don't forget that people like to hoard ally points. So if u aren't hoarding set ur goal to a bit higher. If you are hoarding don't forget to pull them before the end because calculations are usually not done correctly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeionHitman

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   March 29th 2013, 7:26 pm

Hoarding Points

Pros:
- Creates a safe cushion
- Other players do not know how much points they will need to beat you

Cons:
- Time spent pulling points could be used to kill more bosses.
- Risk of losing unpulled points at the end of the event.
(especially if the SRB is right before the end)

Not Hoarding Points

Pros:
- Don't have to worry about losing points at the end of the event
- More time spent on killing bosses especially SRB

Cons:
- Risk of losing your position in Ranking because of hoarders.
- No way to push your way to the top if you are behind.

hope this is helpful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laks0n
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   June 27th 2013, 4:48 am

Atk teams are the best for raid events. Agi does not matter since u always go 1st, and there are many more quality atk buffers compared to wis (4 frozen golems, 6 incinerators and ur top 10)

Change your leader to a single shot, massive dmg one that fits with your team buffs

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   June 27th 2013, 6:24 pm

Actually I find a buffed agi team works pretty well as the backrow in Raid. Sure the speed buff does nothing but the boost to their damage is significant. My current backrow is POPE Rogue Assault Mech 2 - POPE Big Rig 2 - OPE Mecha Horde 2 - OPE Big Rig 2 - OPE Rogue Assault Mech.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
Laks0n
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   June 27th 2013, 6:27 pm

I am not saying agi is wasted, but a ATK team does a lot of dmg when they proc, and a lot of dmg when they just atk, whereas an agi team will just do a lot of dmg on proc. I have an agi team myself, but my fams are too poor to be mentioned xD

Also, max a rares skill before evolving. It takes a lot less (I think exp cost is more then halved in some cases)

Last edited by Laks0n on June 29th 2013, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dissregard the skill leveling up. After you merge the fams, the skill will balance out, there is no bonus to doing it prior to merging.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darklotus123
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   June 28th 2013, 10:18 pm

are you serious that doing zone 2 is shorter and you still get 1 ammo mag at the end? here ive bee doing zoine 5 this whole time burnt 5 ps and barely got 2-3 Ams from zone 5. oh man I should have joined here al ong time ago when I started FF. still fairly new but im ranked under 200. usually am ranked 400-500. without using money which I don't have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowrunner93
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 8:46 am

2 Darklotus123
It's true, after completig all 5 zones - more profitable to farm 1/2 zone. Also there are less map mobs (Imho).

2 DaedHead8
Imho You should change RAM's for Keymasters/Big Rigs in this case. More Agi - more damage...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faarao
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 8:52 am

8x Big Rig v2 + Blue Bot + Leader can make 15m+ damage with all out. Cheap-o-team Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laks0n
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 9:04 am

Have you tried x7 big rig + 2x blue bot? There is a balance but som1 has to test it out Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laks0n
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 9:05 am

it aint just the agi, the def of blue bot buff and team positioning can be enough to help rigs survive for an extra wave of rigness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faarao
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 9:18 am

True but even one Blue Bot can keep PE Big Rig with 50 crystals alive trough most of the higher level bosses. I didn't try this with 2 blue bots, but that would be probably better. But also harder for new people to get them. If you can't afford blue bot you could try and get some survivability with Junker War Marshal or Wasteland Rider.

5x Big Rig team works for tower and PvP too, but one will get tired of the buffs and animations quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 9:27 am

haha i know how to make big rig deal same amount of dmg as a mista fista Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faarao
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 9:36 am

Yeah you can add Tigrey between 2 blue bots. But sooner or later you would regret having to depend on so many buffs. Damage would vary a lot, and that would make it hard to predict wheter or not you will MVP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 9:48 am

nope Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laks0n
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 9:51 am

hell idk, I'd stick tigrey between 2 rigs and pray for the buffs. As for the blue bot I did get rly lucky, I got one as a gift. only 9300 stats, but it sure helped me. Was tempted to trade it a few times, but I am very glad I did not, I didn't rly understand how valuable it is back then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faarao
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 10:38 am

paintballer58 wrote:
nope Smile

Oh right you mean the new L? I was speaking for those who can't afford expensive squads tongue 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loveff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 3:23 pm

Faarao wrote:
True but even one Blue Bot can keep PE Big Rig with 50 crystals alive trough most of the higher level bosses. I didn't try this with 2 blue bots, but that would be probably better. But also harder for new people to get them. If you can't afford blue bot you could try and get some survivability with Junker War Marshal or Wasteland Rider.

5x Big Rig team works for tower and PvP too, but one will get tired of the buffs and animations quickly.

I try 5 big rig

Confirmed it works perfectly
Just tired of buff .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paintballer58
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 3:49 pm

lol nah but thatd be one way.

and expensive is a relative term. i play for free and have just been stockpiling res for some time now lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faarao
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 4th 2013, 6:28 pm

I mean expensive as in it costs a lot of resources to get those mercs. I don't know anyone who has paid for anything in game, and I find it difficult to understand how the company can keep running this game with all us cheap-asses running all over the place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaedHead8
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   July 6th 2013, 12:23 pm

Shadowrunner93 wrote:
2 DaedHead8
Imho You should change RAM's for Keymasters/Big Rigs in this case. More Agi - more damage...

I only have two big rigs and I don't have any keymasters. I could easily afford keymasters on the exchange but I prefer the thrill of the hunt. Also I'm nostalgic as fuck for my Rogue Assault Mechs as the first one I got was my first decent squadmate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/DaedHead8
techro
Common
Common

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   August 28th 2013, 11:53 am

I am also fairly new to this game. I've played Blood Brothers but i find the sci-fi look alot more entertaining and fun. This forum is very good, thanks for all the great info.

especially the zone 2 tip. i cant believe i didn't think of that! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loveff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   September 24th 2013, 8:30 pm

Thanks for zone2 tip i wil exercise it this srb event,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raid Event Tips   

Back to top Go down