The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Current state of the Raid 2-25

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 25th 2013, 10:43 pm

After participating heavily in this raid, I wanted to bring up some points as a concerned gamer on my perspective of things.

1. Raid Balance - This raid cycle seems overly dififcult to gain traction on killing anything. The past few days with the 10x bonus seemed difficult, but not impossible. It took a full team of top 10 players with lots of Valkyries working together and all-outing to bring down level 30+ Crones. Raid boss hit points seem to be overly high, and the event Savage skills are absolutely horrible for doing damage, making the situation even worse. Now that the 10x boost has come to an end, and the savages only get a 5x bonus, players are rarely able to finish off bosses. This is also compounded by taking away the killing blow ammo magazine, leaving no incentive for anyone to hit a raid boss once its MVP slot is taken. I am predicting a decrease in Ammo Sales corresponding to this decrease in killing power.

2. Raid Savages - Excacerbating the above issue is that fact that Valkyries are IMPOSSIBLE to come by this event. I am currently ranked numbre two, and have spent almost the entire event so far hitting everything in site. I have racked up hundreds, perhaps thousands, of event cells and have cashed every single one in. In return, I have received two Valkyrie* characters, and I consider myself fortunate for my 'luck' compared to what i have been hearing from my friends. The miniscule chance of getting anything useful from event cells reduces the desire for serious players to finish off lesser raid bosses, leaving many newer players hanging in the breeze thinking how stupid this event is if nothing ever dies. I payed enough to outright BUY a brand new PS3 game, and only got enough to make 2 Valk4s!

3. Points - Finally, all of these issues combine to make this the most dismally-scoring event i have seen yet. Sitting at rank 2 midway through the event, I have yet to top 3m points. With the 'bonus' Siren reward at 5m, it seems very unlikely that even I will hit that number, especially after the Savage damage reduction to 5x where it is impossible to kill anything.

4. Oathbreaker - If I could drop $30 to simply buy an oathbreaker outright for this event, I would. However, I will NOT spend $60-$100 to have a 90% chance of getting pure trash and coming up empty handed. I get the feeling that a lot of players feel the same way. Offering a 'sure thing' character pack (Buy a 10 pack get a guarranteed valk or oathbreaker) will generate more sales for you than random garbage. Think about it... how many players purchased Support Packs for a ridiculously small chance at the 'uber' new War Marshal last event? Exactly.

On a final note, I wanted to say that I don't bring these points up to condemn GameView, but merely offer feedback from a user's persepctive. If the current state of things is there intended outcome, then they have succeeded in accomplishing what they set out to achieve. However, if they are still balancing and tweaking the model then hopefully our concern will give them a solid foundation to build on for the next raid.

Last edited by legendslayer on February 26th 2013, 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tankatc
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 25th 2013, 11:11 pm

Nicely put Legend, but here is what happened with the previous feedback:

http://fatalfrontier.userboard.net/t156-feedback-for-the-maelstrom-event

None of the suggestion were followed, in fact, they took the exact opposite of the suggestions. (maybe except the one about artwork...but they probably hired a very expensive artist, that would explain everything!) Lets look at them seperatly:

The pacing of the bosses appearing. - has increased significantly in that event

Leaving the ammo reward for the killing blow. - Not

The artwork - Personnal call, I like it

The reward - this one looks very good as well

Why do I want to attack a super raid boss - Lets see, but it seems like their move was to lower the value of the MVP

The paid for event cells - It is worse

No Ice Bot for points? - Well yea, but unrealistic so lets call that a no

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 26th 2013, 12:21 am

We have just entered some dark days...

It seems the team in charge of putting these events together have one, and only one, single focus: squeeze the top 30 players for every dime they can.

If you are not a top 30 player you can just stop playing; it makes little difference. Why do you think they dropped the number of lethals to 10 while the population of players has increased? Because they don't care about the population increasing, what they just care about is the top 30 players spending as much as possible. Allowing 20 lethals meant that once people broke about 10 they could ease off a bit and still coast to a lethal. They fixed that didn't they?

How more blatant of a money grab has to happen than putting TWO layers of savages that need to be purchased in order to stay in the top ten. It's not enough that people with entire squad of valks spent hundreds but now they will need to spend another chunk of change to buy the new and improved savage. You know, the savage needed to actually kill these bosses with retarded hp pools and insane attack abilities .

I just can not wait for the SRBs to be released; I can see them being worth ~40-60k points for the mvp. Guess who is going to snatch up those mvp slots? The few people who put forth the cash to end up with a few oathbringers. It's going to be grand I tell you!

Oathbringer is here to stay folks and the bonus will be gone at the end of the event. Each new event will have a brand new oathbringer to squeeze that vice a little tighter to keep the paying suckers paying. Sad thing is people like Dark will continue to write checks to keep thier name at the #1-10 spot.

Checkmate, welcome to BB v2.0

Edit: Yeah my negativity is through the roof. I don't know why I am letting a cell phone game work me up so much. I enjoy it a lot, but the business practice of the companies running these games sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edwardgrc2
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 26th 2013, 12:50 am

Then they will add lethals to the pacts so more people will start buying more and more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karthunk

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 26th 2013, 12:52 am

Oh the wonderful tiered packs are just around the corner. A lethal in every basket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redcarpetfish
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 26th 2013, 1:06 am

I feel sorry for the people who just starred playing getting thrown into an event with ccrappy characters and no way of getting event rares because the fucking reward for them is set at 5mil and you would have to have a tier 1 team just to rank under 700 not to mention how hard it is just to get a PE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 26th 2013, 3:28 am

To be honest, I'm beginning to think that this is the turning point of the game - the point where it was once a really fun game where everyone sees and knows each other to a game with a looming cold, corporate feel that threatens to tear us apart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mmllaneza
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 26th 2013, 7:29 am

Hello all..first forum post for me...nut yeah I understand how everyone feels...it kinda sucks right now....nobody wants to go all in be wise of the low mvp bonus and nobody wants to finish it off...I got so bored with it that I did all out ojust to help others finish off a boss ...even without the mvp...worst event ever....ur right lanseal...I'm seeing bb ver 2....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mise187
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 26th 2013, 7:50 am

Gotta agree on everything into this post. By myself I've to say ive spent quite a lot on this game in money terms (dont get excited, it's not an insane amount of money. Less then 200$ if you are wondering), but really DEV team the hell is wrong with you?

I'll not blame people spending thousands dollars on the game because it's their choice, but seriously you cant expect everyone will dry their wallet to keep up with your business.

Since Xmas ,when I started playing the game , the game went down in fun terms like a rolling stone pulled down from a cliff from a fking giant divinity.

They reduced the Lethal reward range, they changed the mechanincs into every single fking event they released since the Ice bot raid, they did not implemented a single unique thing that BB doesnt already have.

Im starting realizing why they called the game BLOOD Brothers and FATAL Frontier, because they can both lead you to death if you wanna play competitive.

GL Devs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nivaiq
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 26th 2013, 12:59 pm

Back when I first started out I managed to place around 100 ish for an event. I believe I had a 3 man formation with the broc tamer being the best thing I'd seen since my big wench. I figured as my team mates improved I'd be able to place better in future events.

Well no. I still end up around the same rank even though my squad is much improved. My allies are much improved. My commitment is much improved.

What I'm saying is no one will ever be good enough. Even if they have every single lethal. The stronger you get, the stronger the enemy gets. The game is being tweaked to milk the top 20. To hell with the little people.

Ps: I saw a guy ranked 3508 with a skrillez v2 and muttzilla in a 3 man formation. God help him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valorsoul
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 28th 2013, 9:06 pm

tankatc wrote:
Nicely put Legend, but here is what happened with the previous feedback:

http://fatalfrontier.userboard.net/t156-feedback-for-the-maelstrom-event

None of the suggestion were followed, in fact, they took the exact opposite of the suggestions. (maybe except the one about artwork...but they probably hired a very expensive artist, that would explain everything!) Lets look at them seperatly:

The pacing of the bosses appearing. - has increased significantly in that event

Leaving the ammo reward for the killing blow. - Not

The artwork - Personnal call, I like it

The reward - this one looks very good as well

Why do I want to attack a super raid boss - Lets see, but it seems like their move was to lower the value of the MVP

The paid for event cells - It is worse

No Ice Bot for points? - Well yea, but unrealistic so lets call that a no

LOL

The artwork is improved though Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valorsoul
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   February 28th 2013, 9:09 pm

Karthunk wrote:
We have just entered some dark days...

It seems the team in charge of putting these events together have one, and only one, single focus: squeeze the top 30 players for every dime they can.

If you are not a top 30 player you can just stop playing; it makes little difference. Why do you think they dropped the number of lethals to 10 while the population of players has increased? Because they don't care about the population increasing, what they just care about is the top 30 players spending as much as possible. Allowing 20 lethals meant that once people broke about 10 they could ease off a bit and still coast to a lethal. They fixed that didn't they?

How more blatant of a money grab has to happen than putting TWO layers of savages that need to be purchased in order to stay in the top ten. It's not enough that people with entire squad of valks spent hundreds but now they will need to spend another chunk of change to buy the new and improved savage. You know, the savage needed to actually kill these bosses with retarded hp pools and insane attack abilities .

I just can not wait for the SRBs to be released; I can see them being worth ~40-60k points for the mvp. Guess who is going to snatch up those mvp slots? The few people who put forth the cash to end up with a few oathbringers. It's going to be grand I tell you!

Oathbringer is here to stay folks and the bonus will be gone at the end of the event. Each new event will have a brand new oathbringer to squeeze that vice a little tighter to keep the paying suckers paying. Sad thing is people like Dark will continue to write checks to keep thier name at the #1-10 spot.

Checkmate, welcome to BB v2.0

Edit: Yeah my negativity is through the roof. I don't know why I am letting a cell phone game work me up so much. I enjoy it a lot, but the business practice of the companies running these games sucks.

It's true that the 2 layers of savages is a brilliant money grab. The 10 Ls is what ticks me off the most.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   March 1st 2013, 12:50 am

Also, I just noticed that the MVP bonus is 22x for Super Raid bosses, while the JMVP bonus is only 3.5x. This is yet another indication of how they intentionally handicap anyone who hasnt dropped hundreds of dollars. Coupled with screweing over anyone that bought valks halfway through the event and requiring you to drop another couple hundred on Oathbreakers... it's the most blatant money grab I have seen from GV to date and it saddens me. Although it's not as bad as BB yet, my faith has been shattered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TurboTalon
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   March 1st 2013, 1:05 am

Yea the jmvp bonus is sad. The worst part is the way super raid bosses are you never know how much health it actually has so when you get a couple of big players trying to hit the same thing one of them gets really screwed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current state of the Raid 2-25   March 1st 2013, 1:13 am

Usually the MVP is 20x and the JMVP is 5x. They skewed it even more than usual this event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Current state of the Raid 2-25

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1