The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Your thoughts on Gorger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1371
Join date : 2013-01-05

PostSubject: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 7th 2013, 10:32 pm

So I am wondering what you guys think of the new Gorger/Gormandizer fam from this last event. Has anyone put a PE together yet and tested it out? I've managed toget my hands on 5 of them so far, and I'm still leveling them up for evolution, but even at level 30+ on a Gorger* his proc wipes out the entire lineup of mobs in the last zone. I assume it's basically going to be a poor-mans Betty. But his stats are still decent, even if a little slow on the AGI side. I guess that's not too horrible for me, since I only started last month and don''t have a Betty or Widow.

P.S. If anyone has finished one out PE or OPE, I would love some screenshots of his final stats.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 729
Join date : 2012-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 7th 2013, 10:36 pm

12896hp 9459atk 10314def 10314wis 10751agi is the stats for a PE gormandizer without any crystals add 665.5 to each stat if you want to make a perfect 8n1 400 crystals.

I am currently leveling a 7n1 up to have, not tested in pvp yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
avatar

Posts : 338
Join date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 8th 2013, 12:04 am

I have 2 perfect 2* and 5 1* now. I've never done crystal evolutions b4 but I suppose I could go for a 150c 8n1. I'm thinking about doing a 200c evolution now, so if anyone wants to do a clean 2 1* for one of my perfect 2*, I'm available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1371
Join date : 2013-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 8th 2013, 12:12 am

Lanseal, I'm on now and would be willing to trade you two Gorger* for your Glutton**. I don't plan on crystalizing, so no loss for me. Just throw it up in the bazaar asking for 2 gorger* and I'll accept

Update: headed to bed, if still interested, just throw it up and if someone doesnt accept it, ill get it in the morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 645
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 8th 2013, 2:22 am

I have aquired 11 Gorgers since the end of the raid event but I don't plan on evoing one

I think Gorg is actually slightly better than Betty due to its slightly higher AGI. FF lacks AGI buffers (Eton/Gargoyle) needed to make Betty truly effective imo. I have only seen a Betty live long enogh to proc on me twice during pvp. Then again Gorg isn't necissarily so much faster that he would attack before anything other than a Betty

Betty: Does great damage but not enough to OHKO good fams in competitive pvp. Slow as Hell and Fragile

Gorger: Decent damage. Decent Tankyness. Still pretty slow

Cheiftan: Pathetic Damage. Fragile. Pretty fast


I feel like if you are only filling 1 spot in your backrow with a WIS fam than you might want a Betty, but Id prob rather have Gorger

If you are running multiple WIS fam formation I would rather have Gorger

If you are running a WIS buffer (Tigrey) I would rather have Chieftan - Tigrey - Chieftan


AoE WIS fams will become much stronger when 5 man formations are released, but at the moment Widow, Primarch, Santa, and Meta are the only competitive options anyways
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
avatar

Posts : 338
Join date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 8th 2013, 3:39 am

-Zzz, I have a question.

If a team of Gormandizer/Big Rig/Betty/Chieftan(or Tigrey) were to pop up in your pvp, would you chance it? (if your team happens to be slower after the buffs)

Just curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
avatar

Posts : 338
Join date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 8th 2013, 3:39 am

legendslayer wrote:
Lanseal, I'm on now and would be willing to trade you two Gorger* for your Glutton**. I don't plan on crystalizing, so no loss for me. Just throw it up in the bazaar asking for 2 gorger* and I'll accept

Update: headed to bed, if still interested, just throw it up and if someone doesnt accept it, ill get it in the morning.

Sure thing.

Edit: Actually I wrote out the evolution and my 2 non-crystaled 2* can still go toward a 3* that will be crystalled. So I'll be keeping it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 645
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 8th 2013, 2:32 pm

Lanseal wrote:
-Zzz, I have a question.

If a team of Gormandizer/Big Rig/Betty/Chieftan(or Tigrey) were to pop up in your pvp, would you chance it? (if your team happens to be slower after the buffs)

Just curious.

Yes. Wis fams sitting back row are probably the best counter to a Physical/AGI team, and could certainly wipe me out if I don't proc and they do, but Id rather attack a wis team than a widow team

The teams that scare me the most are the ones running Widow/Primarch or Widow/Big Rig. I swear everytime I fight a Big Rig team he procs and I lose initiative

This next pvp event will be interesting tho, other players have had time to put together better teams. If the 5 man formation comes out it will shake things up a lot as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 645
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 8th 2013, 2:39 pm

An interesting note about title bonuses during pvp events:

Title bonus multipliers increase all stats accept defense

Because of this many believe that WIS fams have an advantage early in a pvp event when bonuses are low, but PHYS fams gain an advantage at later stages when multipliers are high due to physical defense not scaling with physical damage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 729
Join date : 2012-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 8th 2013, 9:13 pm

~ZZZ what would you want for 2 of them gorgers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 645
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 9th 2013, 3:28 pm

bwjoejr wrote:
~ZZZ what would you want for 2 of them gorgers?

All I want at the moment is more Widows and Big Rig

(Your pvp team is good enough already, ur fast widows are one of the few things I fear)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 729
Join date : 2012-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 9th 2013, 8:14 pm

I am working on setting up a WIS team. I currently have primarchs and mutants available for trade. I already have 2 4* primarchs and 3 4* mutants. LOL. I have parts to trade off.


sorry did not mean to talk trade on this post.

My thoughts on Gorger are high it has more HP and DEF then Chieftain and Betty. Faster then betty but not as fast as chieftain. It will do more damage then chief but not as much as betty. So my option is that 1v1 with the 3 I believe Gorger would win. No procs Gorger would win for sure. With procs its either betty or gorger not sure if gorger would be able to kill betty in one shot it would be close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 645
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 2:44 am

^ I feel the same way. Other players must be taking notice because I posted a Gorger up for 25 ammo cases and it sold within minutes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
avatar

Posts : 338
Join date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 4:36 am

-Zzz wrote:
^ I feel the same way. Other players must be taking notice because I posted a Gorger up for 25 ammo cases and it sold within minutes

I'm still doing the Gorger / Meta in-between trading with 2 power shots on top of each trade. How much longer do you think this is viable, from experience?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 645
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 5:23 pm

Lanseal wrote:
-Zzz wrote:
^ I feel the same way. Other players must be taking notice because I posted a Gorger up for 25 ammo cases and it sold within minutes

I'm still doing the Gorger / Meta in-between trading with 2 power shots on top of each trade. How much longer do you think this is viable, from experience?

I think its pretty much over, it looks like Gorger has become decidedly more valuable than Meta. My trade chain has ended with a Meta sitting in the exchange for Gorger+Ammo

I saw that a few Gorgers had traded for 20-30 res in the trade history and decided to throw one up for 25 to test. I thought it was just someone trading in between accounts to spike prices but it sold right away. Not sure what I'm gonna do with my remaining Metas and Gorgers, right now I'm focused on getting another Widow1*

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Medinforlife
Rare
Rare
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 7:28 pm

Ahh how I miss the good old day of bazaar when Meta was equal with widow. Heck, primarch was even equal to widow. I missed like the first few days to a week of bazaar and even then I was able to obtain 6 blood widow queens.

If gorger is better than Betty why is Betty still more expensive? We need someone with pvp experience to let us know what the deal is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
avatar

Posts : 338
Join date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 7:56 pm

Because she looks pretty cool and isn't yet another fat bloated guy. The look of a familiar matters a lot when it comes to its value.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
avatar

Posts : 338
Join date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 7:58 pm

-Zzz wrote:
Lanseal wrote:
-Zzz wrote:
^ I feel the same way. Other players must be taking notice because I posted a Gorger up for 25 ammo cases and it sold within minutes

I'm still doing the Gorger / Meta in-between trading with 2 power shots on top of each trade. How much longer do you think this is viable, from experience?

I think its pretty much over, it looks like Gorger has become decidedly more valuable than Meta. My trade chain has ended with a Meta sitting in the exchange for Gorger+Ammo

I saw that a few Gorgers had traded for 20-30 res in the trade history and decided to throw one up for 25 to test. I thought it was just someone trading in between accounts to spike prices but it sold right away. Not sure what I'm gonna do with my remaining Metas and Gorgers, right now I'm focused on getting another Widow1*


That's strange. My Gorger is still sitting there for a Meta and 3 shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 645
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 8:09 pm

Medinforlife wrote:
Ahh how I miss the good old day of bazaar when Meta was equal with widow. Heck, primarch was even equal to widow. I missed like the first few days to a week of bazaar and even then I was able to obtain 6 blood widow queens.

If gorger is better than Betty why is Betty still more expensive? We need someone with pvp experience to let us know what the deal is.

Betty is older and more rare, she does more damage, and she's sexy. PvP effectiveness doesn't necessarily determine value
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 645
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 8:16 pm

Lanseal wrote:


That's strange. My Gorger is still sitting there for a Meta and 3 shots.

Idk then, maybe everyone who wanted Gorgers got there 8x and is done looking. Or maybe people are keen to our tricks and wait for 1:1 offers

Some people still haven't figured out the search function either, so re-posting and bumping your offers to the top of the list often helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dukekiwi
Epic
Epic
avatar

Posts : 722
Join date : 2012-12-05
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 10:01 pm

I have a widow 1* what will u give me 4 it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lanseal
Site Creator
Site Creator
avatar

Posts : 338
Join date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 10:10 pm

-Zzz wrote:
Lanseal wrote:


That's strange. My Gorger is still sitting there for a Meta and 3 shots.

Idk then, maybe everyone who wanted Gorgers got there 8x and is done looking. Or maybe people are keen to our tricks and wait for 1:1 offers

Some people still haven't figured out the search function either, so re-posting and bumping your offers to the top of the list often helps

lol. I'm thinking there are more lurkers here than we think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedc24
Site Creator
Site Creator


Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 10th 2013, 10:22 pm

I suck at the exchange/bazaar, I never know what trades for what to lead up to what I want. I don't have anything equivalent to a widow, so I can't do a straight trade, but I never know the ladder up to it >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 645
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 11th 2013, 1:36 am

jedc24 wrote:
I suck at the exchange/bazaar, I never know what trades for what to lead up to what I want. I don't have anything equivalent to a widow, so I can't do a straight trade, but I never know the ladder up to it >.>

It def takes time to familiarize yourself with values. I've spent enough time checking the exchange postings, trade history, and posting up experimental offers to know a good deal when I see it. Nothing is set in stone however, there have still been a few Widows going 1:1 with Mutants and Bettys for the past few days. Perceived value fluctuates wildly

As for Widows, its getting tougher by the day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Zzz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 645
Join date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   January 11th 2013, 1:38 am

Lanseal wrote:


lol. I'm thinking there are more lurkers here than we think.

The topics show a lot of views. Maybe I should quit sharing my Wisdom/spamming Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Gorger   

Back to top Go down
 
Your thoughts on Gorger
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Thoughts on Difficulty
» Thoughts on Blood Angels list.
» 1500 Points Purifier List! Thoughts
» Thoughts on Forza 4
» possible new car- thoughts?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fatal Frontier Forum :: Fatal Frontier :: General Q&A-
Jump to: