The one and only dedicated Fatal Frontier forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ummm... Marcus and turret...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Themasheen
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 3:18 am

Wtf? No new fams?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jett-Lagg
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 5:58 am

Yeah. Between this and the $30 Pact, I don't have high hopes for Dakota. But I hope I'm wrong in thinking that they'll just be recycling previous events and just making the Lethal a 2*. Except the Ice Bot event. That's the only one I would actually want recycled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mrpaplp
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 7:59 am

That takes all the fun out of having only one of 10 marcus.. To bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 8:07 am

I am extremely pissed off at Dakota Interactive right now. This was just a dick move to pull on the players.

First, they bring back two medicore squadmates and recycle them for event rewards, showing just how lazy they are getting. They even have new Ls and EPs in the JSON they could have used! They put in a v2 of Marcus, you say. Uh huh, and his sub-epic stats are going to make him a star on exactly who's team?

Second, they don't even have the proper artwork in for Marcus v2 yet! He is sstill a hammer-toting velociraptor! Even more proof of them getting lazy and not caring about the players.

Third, the $30 pay-to-win for getting the best lethal in the game cheapens ANY event, when all we get for rewards are shitty recycled squadmates.

I'm sitting this event out. It remains to be seen if I will ever return, as this may be a haringer of things to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zombiedave2010
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 8:40 am

Just woke up and yey! I waiting a week for this, thanks retards...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MortuoRana
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 8:42 am

I don't even know what to do any more.... this is just a shot below the belt what's next a BWQ raid or golem? Kill clause is the next tower event lethal? Mad

Last edited by MortuoRana on April 20th 2013, 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 8:42 am

Get your 1.3x modifyer, don't spend any money on this shitty event, and farm/save your cans so B-Team can dominate the raid event (assuming that one is even worth playing).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zombiedave2010
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 10:13 am

Roger that! Unless its another fail event for raid, if so im off lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mapuh
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 11:01 am

Exactly my thoughts, legendslayer.

But a little correction: WikiBandits will dominate raid event Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tuannaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 11:06 am

haha, lucky me. i joined late so havent seen marcus, golem events yet, so it'll be half boring as it is to you guys Laughing

and btw, the new skill nerf on alvin make him less than a piece of sh1t now. lv130 skill proc deal ~5k on uc mobs? wtf is this. lol! worse than the boomers that i put on market everytime i get. huge BS to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeionHitman

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 20th 2013, 1:01 pm

Lol I am upset and not upset. I hate that it is Marcus and turret. On the bright side it is like Dakota knew I have 3 exam on the next 7 days hahahaha it's perfect for me. I was expecting a crazy lethal and rare! I thought I was gonna miss out or flunk, lucky me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NastyMrG
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 22nd 2013, 2:56 pm

Hi guys,
To give a bit of background on the recycled mercs... Dakota is new and working with a team that is drastically smaller than the GVS team. We had two choices, launch the event now with a new* lethal (*Yes Marcus isn't new but the v2 is), or wait until the new mercs are ready. We figured a new event is better then none; especially when it's been a week+ without one.

Yes, you can see in the JSONs new mercs, but inputting #'s into a sheet is easy compared to the rest that is needed to release a character.

As for the Nethercore going live for a few hours, that wasn't ever suppose to happen; and is again part of the growing pains Dakota should soon be done with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bwjoejr
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 22nd 2013, 3:18 pm

Thank you for the information NastyMrG. I personally feel if we get a heads up about how long it will be for an event that even an extra week is not a big deal versus recycling old rewards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
legendslayer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 22nd 2013, 3:24 pm

I love the current art on Marcus V2. Can we get some back story on how he became a feathery hammer-wielding velociraptor? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NastyMrG
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 22nd 2013, 3:38 pm

bwjoejr wrote:
Thank you for the information NastyMrG. I personally feel if we get a heads up about how long it will be for an event that even an extra week is not a big deal versus recycling old rewards.

For you guys (the dedicate fan base who read forums and such) sure, but for the avg casual gamer they will just think "this game doesn't host events often" and are more likely to leave Sad

legendslayer wrote:
I love the current art on Marcus V2. Can we get some back story on how he became a feathery hammer-wielding velociraptor? Smile

We updated his art. If you still have the BB asset you might need to delete your ngmoco folder to clear it out and re-download the right one. Or you can keep it a dino and Smile at our lil slip up each time you see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ravendill
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 22nd 2013, 3:57 pm

It's just poor taste to do it the way you did. Please don't insult our intelligence. Just say it like it is...

"Instead of delaying and getting it right we wanted to make money anyway. So here are some recycled fams to keep you busy until we're staffed appropriately. Plus, the new iOS people won't even know the difference anyways."

The delay on the Tower event was forgivable because it was right after you split from DeNa and you were experiencing some growing pains. But this kind of mistake should, in my opinion, require a big apology from Dakota. At least when DeNa makes a mistake on an event, they are decent enough to post an apology note and toss in some free resources and coins for the trouble. Lots of games do that when there is a big mistake...it helps show new players that there's open communication and keeps the trust there for the loyal fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaStigma
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 24th 2013, 4:59 pm

Hello guys! Smile

I'm new to this forum, but I'd like to share something that has been bothering me about FF for a while now.

FF's devs released Lethal mercs too early. BB was considerably older and better established before they released legendary. that in itself was a shame (as it alienates potentially new players), but not too bad.

However, what really broke the camel's back was the releases of mercs who are just ridiculously strong (proc wars, if you will). For example, compare lethals to legendaries: lethals are one skill win, as opposed to legendaries who are much stronger familiars, but don't necessarily end a fight within one skill.

What I'm trying to say is that it seems FF's old dev team tried to milk last drops of money by releasing over powered, out of balance characters (special pacts, say whaat). And this is bad, as pvp matches reduces to whoever casts skill first as opposed to whoever has better familiars and combinations.

So you might get the other team down to 1 merc at 5% HP, your team being full health and full buff, and that b**** casts that one f****** skill and everyone of your mercs implode, even the ones on reserve and their grandparents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 24th 2013, 5:31 pm

Dont complain about siren.. Its the only weapon the normal players got against the team with multi lethals. Or r u talking about katie kong?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaStigma
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 24th 2013, 5:36 pm

And how do you fight a siren then, if you don't have a lethal? Personally I find sirens more troublesome than lethals, as at least usually all lethals are in one team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 24th 2013, 5:42 pm

Yeah my siren buffed by mordeo at back row survived insanity proc from bf n lived to proc n vapourised them all. And another time again buffed by mordeo n at back row she survived othbreaker's proc n lived to ultimate n give me a win..
If u know how to easy win siren pls dont tell it to the other players. She is my only Ace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zombiedave2010
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 24th 2013, 5:44 pm

Blue and mord buffed Odin has beem the only thing I have seen survive a siren
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeionHitman

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 24th 2013, 5:45 pm

I agree with you that our mercs are strong but if we compare our lethal with our rare and bb legend with their rares . they are balanced in their respective games. For example, we have strong mercs like ice golem, siren, burnfrost and incinerator. those mercs would obviously be L in bb. now if we compare those rares to our lethal they are slightly worst than some L and some are event better than some L. same for BB, you have rares that are better or worst than some legends. FF is focusing on strong mercs and having a lot of double skill mercs is cool. These mercs are accessible to anyone who plays these events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 24th 2013, 6:18 pm

And the good news is that just the half free energy u get in a day, u can still have 1 or more of the event rares. In BB the only event rare u got from free energy was the one after u reached certain points which is recently impossible coz the points quota is so high right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaStigma
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 24th 2013, 6:51 pm

dokesh123 wrote:
Yeah my siren buffed by mordeo at back row survived insanity proc from bf n lived to proc n vapourised them all. And another time again buffed by mordeo n at back row she survived othbreaker's proc n lived to ultimate n give me a win..
If u know how to easy win siren pls dont tell it to the other players. She is my only Ace

Lol I'm not gonna tell cause I don't know :p

zombiedave2010 wrote:
Blue and mord buffed Odin has beem the only thing I have seen survive a siren

And that's the only thing that ever will. Although, does Odin have really high wisdom? Ultimate Force is WIS based.

ZeionHitman wrote:
I agree with you that our mercs are strong but if we compare our lethal with our rare and bb legend with their rares . they are balanced in their respective games. For example, we have strong mercs like ice golem, siren, burnfrost and incinerator. those mercs would obviously be L in bb. now if we compare those rares to our lethal they are slightly worst than some L and some are event better than some L. same for BB, you have rares that are better or worst than some legends. FF is focusing on strong mercs and having a lot of double skill mercs is cool. These mercs are accessible to anyone who plays these events.

That is precisely one of the issues. Our mercs are TOO powerful offensively. They can't take their own hits. BB's battles are more balanced, and there is strategy involved other than putting the siren besides mordeo. Thus the game has more freedom to explore lethal merc's skills and types without disappointing players.

dokesh123 wrote:
And the good news is that just the half free energy u get in a day, u can still have 1 or more of the event rares. In BB the only event rare u got from free energy was the one after u reached certain points which is recently impossible coz the points quota is so high right now.

That is one of the issues. BB is way ahead than us. If you don't have a good epic team, about to get one lethal you are basically too weak. But then again they have 10 times more active players than we do (20 really). The last few events under DeNa broke the game...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 24th 2013, 7:37 pm

With just free energy ranking 20000 in BB was not very motivating to keep on thats why i choose FF. And i played BB for about 4 months n couldnt even afford to built a ghetto ghislandi. Hardly got a single event rare reward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 24th 2013, 7:42 pm

It would have been same here in FF but after few months running assault mech-dire blade-leader-assault mech i found this forum n after that everything changed. Within one month i build up tier 1 team with the advices from the kind n helpful players from this forum. For me browsing this forum n sharing the fun has boosted my dedication to this game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaStigma
Uncommon
Uncommon

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 26th 2013, 3:38 am

legendslayer wrote:

Using imagination since no pics. Crying or Very sad

Pics please??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 26th 2013, 6:39 am

I imagine a lizard with hammer common famaliar from blood brothers last regions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tuannaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 26th 2013, 8:55 am

next thing you see, there will be ghis, odin, gath... all over in FF. how that how i called recycling Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dokesh123
Epic
Epic

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 26th 2013, 10:30 am

Odin is already a lethal at FF
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tuannaff
Rare
Rare

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    April 26th 2013, 12:03 pm

yah, but not the way odin ruled back there in BB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ummm... Marcus and turret...    

Back to top Go down

Ummm... Marcus and turret...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1